Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2014, 11:06 AM
Xadis is on a distinguished road
Was dev xadis suspended

was it suspended
Old 04-03-2014, 08:52 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Whatever hiccup happened apparently affected some of my server's scripts as well. Nothing about has changed in the logs since yesterday. Tried a server restart and account reset as well as the scripts and the backups of them, and there's no difference at all.

Edit: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand this just happened, when I've got at least 200 days left on my server. But yet I can still log on and warp around and do stuff, with slightly borkulated scripts. Fun times.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wtfmate.png
Views:	212
Size:	183.9 KB
ID:	55629  

Last edited by Draenin; 04-03-2014 at 09:03 PM..
Old 04-03-2014, 09:51 PM
Elite Member
Torankusu has a spectacular aura aboutTorankusu has a spectacular aura about
now, I my frustrations have risen, because
1.) I myself do have a dev server that has been paid for
2.) The days I tend to have off work I cannot utilize it because of UNEXPLAINED outages.
3.) It seems as if it is trying to be covered up.
4.) Any previously scripted back up methods I have either created, modified, or attempted to utilize have since been disabled from unexplained and undocumented updates, meaning that in the EVENT of an outage such as this, I am not guaranteed to even retain any of my working or WORK IN PROGRESS scripts
5.) It seems as if people that, for some reason, still seem to throw money at this game, are simply set aside until the time to "deal with them" is convenient.

Last edited by Darlene159; 04-05-2014 at 06:40 PM.. Reason: Removed reply to deleted post
Old 04-03-2014, 10:10 PM
Deleted by Darlene159
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torankusu View Post
2.) The days I tend to have off work I cannot utilize it because of UNEXPLAINED outages.
this gives me an idea albeit it would be too much effort to be implemented for the benefit of the development community - have the option to rent dev servers only for specific days of the week, fine-tuned to your preferred timezone, at a more reflective price

it would also mean that should technical difficulties occur, any refunded time would also be applied to whenever is convenient for the server owner

Quote:
3.) It seems as if it is trying to be covered up.
to be fair whenever stefan sees these types of posts he is usually apologetic and understanding of frustrations, unixmad tends to be on a censorship binge but hardly ever visits these forums, its more a case of someone who should have retired ages ago trying to justify their position

Quote:
4.) Any previously scripted back up methods I have either created, modified, or attempted to utilize have since been disabled from unexplained and undocumented updates, meaning that in the EVENT of an outage such as this, I am not guaranteed to even retain any of my working or WORK IN PROGRESS scripts
this reminds me that built-in backup functionality was a feature i had seen promised, about a year and a half ago in light of other frustrations being vented

Quote:
5.) It seems as if people that, for some reason, still seem to throw money at this game, are simply set aside until the time to "deal with them" is convenient.
i honestly think there are now not enough people prepared to make it inconvenient for things like this NOT to be dealt with, most people who were have left the game/forums
Old 04-03-2014, 10:27 PM
Elite Member
I didn't mean to take a jab at stefan, more or less those trying to moderate with an unjust iron fist.

The few paying customers that frequent these (paid) forums, with issues in regards to a paid service (well over $100 a year), seem to be silenced when offering probable causes to other paying customers in regards to their server interruptions.

Too quick to pull the trigger, not the pen.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:02 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Some things never change...
Old 04-04-2014, 12:23 AM
Pizza Wizard
PhantosP2P will become famous soon enough
Valikorlia waited over a year to hear back about our development server and we never got an answer. It was basically 100-120 USD spent that went unused, oh well... I am just happy trials are free now, it means a lot more to us than a dev server, but I hope you other developers can get a good answer quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakov_the_Jakovasaur View Post
something like this would have sufficed - "Dev Xadis has not been suspended, all rented Playerworlds are currently experiencing technical difficulties. It is not yet known when the problems shall be resolved however server owners are usually refunded their lost development time."
That would have been very professional and appreciated! But I also think the forum staff here are OK and approachable, so maybe it was just someone having a bad mood for the moment?
Old 04-04-2014, 01:54 AM
Elite Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantosP2P View Post
That would have been very professional and appreciated! But I also think the forum staff here are OK and approachable, so maybe it was just someone having a bad mood for the moment?
Simply because of those 58 posts you have and that confused look in your eyes, I won't be too harsh in my retort on how ridiculous that statement is.

All in all, having to literally fight for a dev server only to make someone else money is laughable, but experienced by essentially every (paid) user in this thread.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:19 AM
Deleted by Darlene159
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud of
Quote:
Old 04-04-2014, 06:40 AM
Pizza Wizard
PhantosP2P will become famous soon enough
I've spent thousands of dollars on this game over the years and, as I also mentioned, we've been burnt by the administration not getting back to us in a timely manner. Still, I think it's bad to accuse all staff of being bad when it's probably just one or two people, or even then one or two people that had a bad day.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:21 AM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Gos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to behold
Letting you having a bad day go out over your business is bad. It is not excused.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:21 PM
Deleted by Darlene159
Quote:
or even then one or two people that had a bad day.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:51 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Has anyone else experienced any strange problems?
Old 04-05-2014, 12:58 AM
Elite Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
Has anyone else experienced any strange problems?
Yes. Mine was online, and is now offline (with a "suspended") message while I was logged in and in the middle of something.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:01 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
stefan, please do the needful