Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-02-2015, 06:49 PM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
I don't think there's a way to discourage laming. Whether you're running to or from someone, you can still lame.

But you can discourage running by modifying the killstreak system into something that uses kills per minute as a metric instead of kills without deaths.

Say it rewards you based the amount of kills you got within the last 10 minutes, regardless of deaths.

You would be incentivized to rush into wherever there's a big fight and kill as many people as possible without worrying about dying.

That being said, you would still have people running because if you're trying to maximize your kills per minute, running would probably be less of a time waster than dying and running back 4 times.

I say make people spawn with full health after dying
Old 09-03-2015, 03:00 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberwyre_P2P View Post
Say it rewards you based the amount of kills you got within the last 10 minutes, regardless of deaths.

I say make people spawn with full health after dying
I like this but to me it doesn't really feel like a killstreak since you're dying in-between.

What I proposed is that your streak resets if you don't get a kill for like 60-90 seconds. If you run away or leave the battle for too long then you'd lose your streak. Likewise this prevents people from farming ridiculous (and what I'd call 'fake') kill streaks where they will sit in osl for 5 minutes and heal up and wait for all their elixer and armor timers then go kill whatever noobs they can find and repeat for hours on-end.

I also tried this full hp respawn thing, it doesn't really work since by the time you unstick you would've healed fully anyway with 2 bed ticks and a icecream. It just dissuades people from using food items.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:03 PM
Mr. Steal Yo Girl
Gambet1337 is an unknown quantity at this point
hi
Old 09-03-2015, 02:27 PM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Everyone should just get an item crate every 10 kills, that will be better.