Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 08:26 PM
Venom_Fish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Venom_Fish
I just killed people with whatever I had. People liked how I killed people, so they gave me better stuff to see how else I could kill people. Then it got fun, so they gave me more better stuff. Then I killed some more, and well you get how I got wealthy
Old 02-10-2010, 10:22 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_Fish View Post
I just killed people with whatever I had. People liked how I killed people, so they gave me better stuff to see how else I could kill people. Then it got fun, so they gave me more better stuff. Then I killed some more, and well you get how I got wealthy
People who had access to srenwaps meti.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:22 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
You're right (though we didn't actually reset bank accounts, we just temporarily removed them and restored them the next day). I've been thinking about a good way to keep the economy more balanced. The real problem is that some people have $2m while others have <$100k. It's hard to work your way into the position where you have enough money to really market items right now on Era, and if we're totally honest, we know most people probably don't really deserve their millions.

The most obvious answer is to balance every gun and create gold sinks, but even this isn't usually effective for long. It's going to be important also to not just think about the economy and also think about competition PK-wise. We plan to have an array of leaderboards for gangs/individuals, and I think those will encourage PKing.

I went off topic, though. I hope to restore the business system to the way it was before, but also involve more NPC shops in a way that won't let business owners make a killing from exclusivity or price fixing with other owners. I'll post more about this soon hopefully. Guns being sold in different shops will reduce their rarity, though I'm not really sure if rarity is a big problem. As long as we keep the amount of money to a fair amount, I don't think we will run into the problems we have run into now.

I'm not entirely sure I answered the question, but I think that covers the majority of my plans.
Since the option of clearing everyone's bank account was mentioned, I thought I would make a point about it regardless if it was done or not.

I've been trying to recommend more money sinks for god knows how long. The best example I have and will always use is Pyro Tech. All PT items are non-durable goods (lawl economic terms.) People spend money on them, but they use them up and have to go back and buy more. Unlike guns where you buy one and you keep it until you trade it, and will always be in the economy unless someone destroys it.

Also, if you go with my idea to decrease the need for money to play the game, players won't have much of an incentive to abuse a glitch. I've been saying it for a long time now, the game should be fun and shouldn't revolve around an economy. This isn't new news to people that have read my proposals in the past.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:47 AM
!
Andre2006 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Andre2006
What he says ^ , we do not want to work for money so we can have fun for how long? 10 minutes, then we have to go work again. We come here to have fun when we have nothing else to do.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:22 AM
Đucimus.
Nonepwnz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Nonepwnz
we don't want any money changes or new ideas how to fix the economy that you never will succeed with. Let the players have fun, focus on new features which gives some fun into the game. Easy to gain cash too! Woaowoawowao

Last edited by Sam; 02-11-2010 at 11:52 AM.. Reason: Don't evade the curse filter
Old 02-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Agreed, but some degree of an economy is indeed needed. They're just going overboard with it though.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:15 PM
Indigo
Immolate is on a distinguished road
Maybe a really gradual and long-term fixes could be made. It be totally brilliant if there was an instant or quick cure but the only way is to go long term and also by having open beta tests on a new economic solution. That's what the Dev server is for really.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Interestingly enough, I'm not sure the economic problems develop in a short-term ordeal.
There's no complete fix to it, its only to prolong its last. This one crashed due to a vast amount of problems, which as I believe, they've solved. So if they reset right now, economic problems shouldn't arise for over 5 years. If these problems are indeed solved, but I believe they are in-seek of a permanent solution. Which I do NOT believe will happen. Real-life Governments have not came to that yet, lol.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:21 AM
Đucimus.
Nonepwnz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Nonepwnz
Quote:
Agreed, but some degree of an economy is indeed needed. They're just going overboard with it though.
Haha yeah ;-)
Old 02-18-2010, 04:10 AM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
Quote:
I do agree that there should be some sort of economy on the server, but my main point is that it shouldn't be entirely what the game is based around.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:30 PM
!
Andre2006 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Andre2006
Way to kill all the prices with the auctions. Less money is streaming around the economy which forces the prices to go down.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:25 AM
Thermometer3 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre2006 View Post
Way to kill all the prices with the auctions. Less money is streaming around the economy which forces the prices to go down.

DUDE. If u didnt read this thread in the first place.. WE WANT PRICES TO GO DOWN. Guns shouldnt cost 2 mil to have. That just makes it where usders are the only ones with guns..

And I also too second reset. We should even wait for new dev. Just reset and end all economic worries/problems xD
Old 03-10-2010, 05:35 AM
Level's Artist
Silent48 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Silent48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermometer3 View Post
DUDE. If u didnt read this thread in the first place.. WE WANT PRICES TO GO DOWN. Guns shouldnt cost 2 mil to have. That just makes it where usders are the only ones with guns..

And I also too second reset. We should even wait for new dev. Just reset and end all economic worries/problems xD
^ Resets are great. However, whatever fixes/balances they add into the game once the reset occurs (assuming they do) ultimately wont stop inflation over long term. A economy is a economy, regardless virtual or real. The only way to fix/ "control" the prices of items/ "control" the economy on a virtual economy is to make sure enough cash is going out to balance how much new cash is created ( ex. mining/flower picking, etc)
Old 03-10-2010, 05:36 AM
Level's Artist
Silent48 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Silent48
^ Adding to the post. One way would to make playerbusiness NPC run, so all ammo money, food money, gun money will be withdrawn from the economy, not pumped back in. Again, however, not to many players are for all business's to be NPC run so this approach wont work, but it'd be on of many possible solutions.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:45 PM
handsome
Catbert has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I mined for my money 211,000 rocks mined w00t