Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-22-2013, 07:32 PM
stuck in the enemy zone
-HateD- will become famous soon enough
Just what we needed?

The "create your own gang" system is back? What. Why would they do this?
Old 10-22-2013, 09:04 PM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
noobs, this will only decrease the (almost inexistent) gang activity
Old 10-23-2013, 12:18 AM
natchez416 will become famous soon enough
Automated gang system is for the best.
It just has to be done right.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:29 AM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold

ooga booga
Old 10-23-2013, 01:00 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
I presume this occurred because there isn't anyone qualified left to reign a GBA position, and we're back with another administration that has never played/been good at Era. The activity was already non-existent simply viewing weekly statistics for gangs. Switching the curve from something they had no idea how to handle/run to something automated kinda makes sense. However from what I see they didn't prepare for the change or really do anything worthwhile with it. I guess new content/actually fixing the issue is overrated when you can just cycle in some old projects that didn't work.

Going on a similar tangent, the only 'new' content Era has seen in months is Zao's little personal thingies that keep him entertained.

From what I've seen, there hasn't been any direction, plan, or announcements since some weeks prior to Fidel's inactivity/retirement. (All the sticky threads in this sub-forum are still his) I'd like to know what the current Administration has their goals set toward before bothering to upgrade or spend excessive time on Era again.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:29 AM
Alfonso :3
Dragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to beholdDragon551 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Dragon551 Send a message via MSN to Dragon551
Empanadas

---------------------
---------------------
#AGT
Old 10-23-2013, 04:52 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Old 10-23-2013, 07:45 AM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
In all honesty Era's progression stopped a long time ago, I'm not surprised Era is in a bad way, I noticed it had 30 players online when Zodiac had 90, that is a major gap in players.

I honestly have no words left for this game and server. I feel like any real contributed player was scrapped when Fidel decided he was going to quit, he took everyone down with him and made up a bunch of fake screenshots/logs to do so.

I doubt Era will ever be successful again, the community has changed way too much and that's based off of every player that ever plays gets excluded indefinitely at some point in time. It's kind of like everyone in the world dying and leaving behind the planet.

Gangs died years ago and there has never been a solution to it. I and a lot of other people have based ALL of Era's problems are stemmed off of the player count.

Want my opinion? un-exclude everyone who has ever been excluded, clean the slate and let everyone play again, regardless if they did wrong or not.

Now I don't doubt this post will get deleted but if for some reason you guys finally decide to stop being such tight asses and start thinking of change heres a tltr; Era's gang situation is the least of its problems.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:03 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
All Era really needs is more cowbell.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:40 PM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
All I'm saying is Einstein was a mathematician and a physicist, not a psychologist.

Not to mention, there are situations where you could reasonably expect different results from doing the same thing over and over.
For instance, in a situation where you get unpredictable or random results each time.
Or after a certain period of time has passed and people's tastes have changed.

Oh, and I fixed this for you, Godzilla.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
In all honesty Era's progression stopped a long time ago, I'm not surprised Era is in a bad way, I noticed it had 30 players online when Zodiac had 90, that is a major gap in players.

I honestly have no words left for this game and server.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:52 PM
Cool Guy 5000
MonkeyBob has a spectacular aura about
Lol @ Rogue and Godzilla.

Rogue - You aren't allowed to talk about activity and producing content. Go back to GK.
Godzilla - Shut up.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:09 PM
a true gentlemen
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBob View Post

Rogue - You aren't allowed to talk about activity and producing content. Go back to GK.
Godzilla - Shut up.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:06 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBob View Post

Godzilla - Shut up.
Quite an impressive response. Thought provoking and a complete bulls-eye straight through the center of the hula-hoop that was my valid personal interpretation of the current administrative progression of Era.

In-case you have difficulty reading this post as-well, that was a case of sarcasm.

Go back to bashing Era on your unofficial forums.

Last edited by Supaman771; 10-25-2013 at 01:20 AM..
Old 10-25-2013, 02:33 AM
Posting The Truth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberwyre_P2P View Post
Where was the sarcasm in your original post? None of it jumped out at me as sarcastic, just kind of douchey.
Are your eyes hard of hearing too? I quite literally said 'this post' in that very line.

Personally, I've always respected your commentary and knowledge when it comes to Era because I've seen you play and work on it alongside myself. However, always trying to cover your ignorant friend's posterior region every time he makes himself look stupid isn't exactly helping you, this topic, or Era.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
I'd like to know what the current Administration has their goals set toward before bothering to upgrade or spend excessive time on Era again.
So lets get back to it, perhaps some clarification or goals of this change? An announcement or guest appearance (@staff)?
Old 10-25-2013, 02:48 AM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Yeah, I failed at reading comprehension lol

I'm not completely sure what the goal was, but I have to assume it was to increase gang activity, which with this change by itself, I wouldn't expect to increase for very long.
But, I think Benny also has plans to introduce some more updates with the goal of increasing gang activity (or activity in general, seeing as how Era has been pretty dead as of late.)

You can see a slight improvement already, though. (if you consider a 500% increase to be slight.)
Last week's top gang had 172 points. The other two gangs had like 140 and 100 or something like that, for a total of 400 something.
As of this writing, the gangs have a total of 2009 points (obviously not including the staff gang with 90k points.)
Closed Thread