Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-20-2009, 09:46 AM
Deophite18 Deophite18 is offline
Graalian Stallion
Deophite18's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: TN
Posts: 442
Deophite18 is a jewel in the roughDeophite18 is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Ctf

So I remember when CTF first came out on UN and it was a huge deal. Games were gigantic and it was easily the most popular event. However, all these years later there is still only one map.

Anyone else think a new type should be created? Perhaps a horizontal map this time? I think it would make the event WAY more popular again and would be a good change instead of playing the same vertical one for YEARS.
__________________
Zting Ğarkmåne (Game Coordinator) (9/23/2004 10:06:44 PM):
Mass message:
Deophite won the Team MES and a big ol' sack of tickets. For people who
think Deo's pretty much good at everything, we discovered his archilles heel.
He sucks at tic tac toe. Go forth, exploit his weakness. Bring him to his knees.
-Sting
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-20-2009, 10:29 AM
Ares Ares is offline
GREATEST
Ares's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 10,000 lakes
Posts: 163
Ares is on a distinguished road
2 MORE MAPS, please.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-20-2009, 02:09 PM
Crono1508 Crono1508 is offline
*Shadow (Convoy)
Crono1508's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: United States
Posts: 488
Crono1508 will become famous soon enough
I disagree because the map design is pretty complex and fairly even based. I don't know who made the levels, but I bet it took quite a handful of time to get it perfectly made.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-20-2009, 03:10 PM
MysticX2X MysticX2X is offline
Prince
MysticX2X's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,529
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono1508 View Post
I disagree because the map design is pretty complex and fairly even based. I don't know who made the levels, but I bet it took quite a handful of time to get it perfectly made.
It's not that hard to make a map and I doubt they even spent a huge amount of time making that map.

Hell, its not even that great of a map to begin with.

As for the new maps, I actually made a thread for it on the local UN Forums, and surprise surprise, nobody but Vega or Alex Cypher answered. Good luck trying to divide staff's attention from useless level makeovers, creating new useless npc's, and making some pet world.
__________________
-Mystic

former acc: mystic2k


RIP Matt (NBK)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-20-2009, 07:49 PM
Hiro Hiro is offline
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,965
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro Send a message via Skype™ to Hiro
it's pretty useless to try and suggest anything to this generation's UN staff. they aren't going to do it because they are already working on projects that are, according to them, much more important than completing player-suggested additions
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-20-2009, 10:33 PM
Deophite18 Deophite18 is offline
Graalian Stallion
Deophite18's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: TN
Posts: 442
Deophite18 is a jewel in the roughDeophite18 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono1508 View Post
I disagree because the map design is pretty complex and fairly even based. I don't know who made the levels, but I bet it took quite a handful of time to get it perfectly made.
So wait, your argument is don't make a new one because it would be too hard for a LAT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
It's not that hard to make a map and I doubt they even spent a huge amount of time making that map.
This



Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
creating new useless npc's, and making some pet world.
Iv actually seen and tested the new pet system. It's pretty cool and will probably be popular. But hopefully since it's release date is soon someone will be able to work on a new map.
__________________
Zting Ğarkmåne (Game Coordinator) (9/23/2004 10:06:44 PM):
Mass message:
Deophite won the Team MES and a big ol' sack of tickets. For people who
think Deo's pretty much good at everything, we discovered his archilles heel.
He sucks at tic tac toe. Go forth, exploit his weakness. Bring him to his knees.
-Sting
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-20-2009, 11:18 PM
Trak Trak is offline
Registered User
Trak's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 159
Trak will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ares View Post
2 more maps, please.
3 more maps!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-22-2009, 12:54 AM
SwimChao SwimChao is offline
UN Manager
SwimChao's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 486
SwimChao is just really niceSwimChao is just really nice
Send a message via Skype™ to SwimChao
I told Deo that I had actually planned on working on two or a few more GMAPs that would be used for CTF, but it's always overridden by bigger projects. Since we only have a limited number staff, we only have a limited amount of hands to work on multiple things at a time.

While it's not a difficult thing to make a level, it is time consuming to make enough levels for a map that will support a good number of players. Once there's an opportunity to make it, I'll be sure to see to it that it gets done.

Side note: I never saw your post, Mystic. You say it like we don't look at the forums at all, and don't care what you have to say. I mean, in reality if you look at any of the posts with some significant meaning, one of us has responded; and relayed the message onto the appropriate staff team. I mean, Joe for example uses the forums a lot and fixes 95% if not all of the bug reports that players put on there.
__________________
People wake up hatin' and they ain't even brushed they teeth yet.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-23-2009, 02:45 AM
MysticX2X MysticX2X is offline
Prince
MysticX2X's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,529
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
I'm sure that Chris character, who spends half his time warping around, could help with a few levels. Also I'm sure you guys could put out an application for new levelers.

And I see a lot of unanswered suggestions tbh. Maybe lessthan a third of the suggestions have little or no significance to you.
__________________
-Mystic

former acc: mystic2k


RIP Matt (NBK)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-23-2009, 06:15 PM
SwimChao SwimChao is offline
UN Manager
SwimChao's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 486
SwimChao is just really niceSwimChao is just really nice
Send a message via Skype™ to SwimChao
Quote:
I'm sure that Chris character, who spends half his time warping around, could help with a few levels. Also I'm sure you guys could put out an application for new levelers.
Then I'm also sure that you're unsure of the amount of work he actually does, or any development staff for that matter. You, as a player, are not exposed to anything they do until the final product is released publicly on the server.

Quote:
And I see a lot of unanswered suggestions tbh. Maybe lessthan a third of the suggestions have little or no significance to you.
Just because they haven't received a reply yet, doesn't mean they're insignificant. When I use the word significant, I mean the suggestions that actually have some time, thought, and logic put into them. Not suggestions like UNBAN BLOBZ & PAYTON and Y U DO THIS 2???. These topics are just a player making a "suggestion" to complain about something. That's all 75% of the community of this game ever does, is complain. And not in the good way, either.
__________________
People wake up hatin' and they ain't even brushed they teeth yet.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-23-2009, 09:28 PM
Hiro Hiro is offline
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,965
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro Send a message via Skype™ to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimChao View Post
Then I'm also sure that you're unsure of the amount of work he actually does, or any development staff for that matter. You, as a player, are not exposed to anything they do until the final product is released publicly on the server.



Just because they haven't received a reply yet, doesn't mean they're insignificant. When I use the word significant, I mean the suggestions that actually have some time, thought, and logic put into them. Not suggestions like UNBAN BLOBZ & PAYTON and Y U DO THIS 2???. These topics are just a player making a "suggestion" to complain about something. That's all 75 of the community of this game ever does, is complain. And not in the good way, either.
you're warped perception of your community's suggestions and complaints show your obvious uncaring about them, and unwillingness to take the time to listen to what they are actually saying. if you don't have the knowledge to separate the trolls from the actual suggestions, to which at this point might be so unmotivated as to type "WHY YOU DO THIS" since they doubt that anything will come from it anyways, means that you probably aren't managing as well as you could be. mystic has been (or still is) a developer, and when you see people just randomly warping about or generally seemingly like staff are just fooling around, it's easy to tell since he's experienced it before, as have i in my experiences with development. you've been working on these "important projects" for how many weeks now? and have been ignoring suggestions of players for how long now? and you've given us what information on these projects so we have some rational for the time spent on said projects instead of on our suggestions?

it's not good enough to tell us that we don't know what we're talking about, or that you are understaffed, or that the suggestions given are all stupid. all it suggests is that you don't care, and that nothing will come of writing good suggestions
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-24-2009, 12:03 AM
SwimChao SwimChao is offline
UN Manager
SwimChao's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 486
SwimChao is just really niceSwimChao is just really nice
Send a message via Skype™ to SwimChao
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
you're warped perception of your community's suggestions and complaints show your obvious uncaring about them, and unwillingness to take the time to listen to what they are actually saying. if you don't have the knowledge to separate the trolls from the actual suggestions, to which at this point might be so unmotivated as to type "WHY YOU DO THIS" since they doubt that anything will come from it anyways, means that you probably aren't managing as well as you could be. mystic has been (or still is) a developer, and when you see people just randomly warping about or generally seemingly like staff are just fooling around, it's easy to tell since he's experienced it before, as have i in my experiences with development. you've been working on these "important projects" for how many weeks now? and have been ignoring suggestions of players for how long now? and you've given us what information on these projects so we have some rational for the time spent on said projects instead of on our suggestions?

it's not good enough to tell us that we don't know what we're talking about, or that you are understaffed, or that the suggestions given are all stupid. all it suggests is that you don't care, and that nothing will come of writing good suggestions
Now you're just taking what I said from one point in the ball park, and throwing it to the completely opposite corner.

I have no problem breaking this down into the smallest piece I can think of taking it right now, to further explain to you how the forums are handled on Unholy Nation (no matter how off topic that it may now be):

When it comes to the UN Suggestions category of the forums, we let players give their own personal suggestions to better the server. Not once did I say, or even hint that we organize the significant from insignificant posts the way you're presenting. We read through the posts, obviously, and if it's a suggestion we're sure we can have done (or do right away) that has the three things I brought up in my earlier post (Time, thought and logic), we'll reply to it accordingly. I don't know how often you use the forums on the server, but if you did you'd realize that there are a lot of threads that are self answered by the people who post in them, and outrageous ones a like. While there are a lot of good ones, there are an equal amount of bad ones (most of which are deleted before they get any decent time to get replied to).

On top of that, I'm not sure how fair it is for you to throw this all on me like I have time to juggle my personal life, organize the server/it's development, and reply to every single suggestion thread that ever goes through the forums. There's a lot more to my volunteered position on this server than sitting and clicking refresh on the forums, so that I can reply with the proper answer to it right away. On top of that, I usually run anything significant by some of the Developers (IE. Joe, _Zelph) and higher/older staff within the teams for their opinions on the things as well. If we just made a bucket load of spontaneous suggestions based on one player's want, there would be so much on this server with no primary role for anyone other than the person who suggested it. Does that make sense?

Just to give you a ball park idea about how uncaring I am about UN's community... I probably get more PMs in a couple hours than most players get in an entire week of playing the server. There was a point in time (prior to the PM add-on you'll see if you try to message me now) that PMs for me was like sitting, and responding detailed to every single mass message that goes out on the server. Because unlike most past staff members, I try to take the time to respond to all the whys and hows of the PMs I receive- from everybody that I get them from. A few PMs sometimes slip under the radar, but mostly it's because I'm busy responding to the other PMs, and the player logs out.

I really don't know what else to say to your post from there. You're free to form an opinion about it, present it, and support it as much as you want. If you genuinely have a problem with me, though, you'd be best to PM me so we can resolve it. If that won't work for you, I hate to put more on their table, but there's always the Support Center where you're free to submit a ticket about staff corruption. Because in reality, what you described is nothing but staff corruption and should be de-rooted from a server as quickly as possible.

Nothing I'm saying am I trying to say in a hostile manner, or pompously. I'm just trying to break it down so you understand me a little better . I will not respond to this topic any further unless it pertains to the Capture The Flag maps.
__________________
People wake up hatin' and they ain't even brushed they teeth yet.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-24-2009, 01:08 AM
LordSquirt LordSquirt is offline
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 958
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
I agree with Deo that adding more maps would perhaps make CTF better and more exciting, however, it isn't really too much of a priority and is pretty much minuscule compared to some of the other projects you're working on. Therefore, I understand that it might take a while for it to be actually up and running. However, if it does come out ^.^

PS: STREETY FTW
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-24-2009, 01:29 AM
MysticX2X MysticX2X is offline
Prince
MysticX2X's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,529
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwTE=SwimChao View Post
Then I'm also sure that you're unsure of the amount of work he actually does, or any development staff for that matter. You, as a player, are not exposed to anything they do until the final product is released publicly on the server.
You're right on one aspect - I do not know what he is working on. However, it doesn't really better my impression when said leveler is just warping into events to play rp with the et.

So yeah, there really isn't much of an excuse to have some new beneficial levels be created. There is an et dev division for these type of things too. I have no clue what they are working on but wasn't shadow just hired a couple of nights ago? Or you know, you can always have players submit maps if they want to. No problem with that if you have a group of people judging each one. Could even be a competition of some sort.

Quote:
Just because they haven't received a reply yet, doesn't mean they're insignificant. When I use the word significant, I mean the suggestions that actually have some time, thought, and logic put into them. Not suggestions like UNBAN BLOBZ & PAYTON and Y U DO THIS 2???. These topics are just a player making a "suggestion" to complain about something. That's all 75% of the community of this game ever does, is complain. And not in the good way, either.
Even though you probably won't respond, I am 100 percent sure you'll read.

You guys say you look at most, if not, all of the suggestions, but most of the suggestions that are heard out are just usually the ones with a lot of player discussion, regardless if the idea could be beneficial or hurtful to the majority of the community.

A couple of my suggestions were small ones to fix clevs pk and add multiple leaders to castle wars (different threads). These suggestions could not harm gameplay at all, but only better it for players, if not, simply make an indifference to others. I am very very sure these small suggestions were not heard out (though they would literally take 5 min for the average scripter to add), and instead ignored and overlooked by some person complaining about the fools ring or dodgeball.

My point was that only the suggestions where people whine or complain or beg really get heard out, rather than trying to listen to individual players.
__________________
-Mystic

former acc: mystic2k


RIP Matt (NBK)

Last edited by MysticX2X; 08-24-2009 at 01:43 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-24-2009, 03:19 AM
SwimChao SwimChao is offline
UN Manager
SwimChao's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 486
SwimChao is just really niceSwimChao is just really nice
Send a message via Skype™ to SwimChao
It is true that on occasion some threads slip under our noses without getting seen. There isn't any shame in "bumping" a topic as long as it isn't constant. Usually once it's off the main page, I wouldn't mind it being bumped up.

On a side note, I'll have Clev's PK looked at, and I'll have a scripter look at Castle Wars as well.
__________________
People wake up hatin' and they ain't even brushed they teeth yet.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 Linux cyberjoueurs All Rights Reserved.