Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #16  
Old 08-17-2009, 07:03 PM
Cubes Cubes is offline
Registered User
Cubes's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia
Posts: 498
Cubes is a jewel in the roughCubes is a jewel in the rough
I don't take kindly to criers, and if you care enough where you have to post on the forums about someone massing mean stuff about you and you don't even use the ignore option that makes you a crier. As long as they aren't massing out personal information and what not or trying to give you links to sites where you'll download trainers and stuff I don't see the problem with it.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-17-2009, 07:19 PM
Hiro Hiro is offline
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,965
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro Send a message via Skype™ to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubes View Post
I don't take kindly to criers, and if you care enough where you have to post on the forums about someone massing mean stuff about you and you don't even use the ignore option that makes you a crier. As long as they aren't massing out personal information and what not or trying to give you links to sites where you'll download trainers and stuff I don't see the problem with it.
i've had mass messages off for a couple of years now, what's your point? this thread isn't about what should and shouldn't be allowed in mass messages, it's whether people should have the privilege to mass at all once they go over the line as determined by the server staff, and that as jailing or banning is the only option open; it seems like a good idea to add in a removable right from players to stop them from massing in the first place instead
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-17-2009, 07:21 PM
Cubes Cubes is offline
Registered User
Cubes's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia
Posts: 498
Cubes is a jewel in the roughCubes is a jewel in the rough
It's a waste of effort because maybe someone else would like to hear what the person has to say.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-17-2009, 07:24 PM
Hiro Hiro is offline
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,965
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro Send a message via Skype™ to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubes View Post
It's a waste of effort because maybe someone else would like to hear what the person has to say.
so we shouldn't jail people for masses either, in case someone else wanted to hear what they have to say? we all know that that doesn't ever happen nor is it what will ever happen. server's have a subjective line that players can reach with mass messages before they are jailed to stop them from massing, and that isn't the point of the thread, like i said - the ability to just stop players from massing is a better option that removing their ability to play the server altogether, and that when you do jail them, it doesn't quell their mass messages
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-17-2009, 07:27 PM
Cubes Cubes is offline
Registered User
Cubes's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia
Posts: 498
Cubes is a jewel in the roughCubes is a jewel in the rough
Honestly, you kids need to learn to take an insult. I'm not even going to argue about this because frankly I don't really care because I don't play UN.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-17-2009, 07:29 PM
Hiro Hiro is offline
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,965
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro Send a message via Skype™ to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubes View Post
Honestly, you kids need to learn to take an insult. I'm not even going to argue about this because frankly I don't really care because I don't play UN.
this isn't just about UN, if it was just about UN i would have posted this thread in the UN section of the forums

and if you aren't going to argue then why did you post in the first place?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-17-2009, 07:46 PM
Switch Switch is offline
o.o
Switch's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 3,038
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
original post
Hey hun'.


I would also opt for a background history on Graal when someone starts Graal for the first time.
__________________
Oh squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the peripheral of my vision.
But when I try to look at you, you scurry away.
Are you shy, squiggly line?
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-17-2009, 07:47 PM
Cubes Cubes is offline
Registered User
Cubes's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia
Posts: 498
Cubes is a jewel in the roughCubes is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
and if you aren't going to argue then why did you post in the first place?
because i'm bored and no one is on wow, myspace, or facebook.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-17-2009, 10:11 PM
Darlene159 Darlene159 is offline
Administrator
Darlene159's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 12,470
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubes View Post
I don't take kindly to criers, and if you care enough where you have to post on the forums about someone massing mean stuff about you and you don't even use the ignore option that makes you a crier. As long as they aren't massing out personal information and what not or trying to give you links to sites where you'll download trainers and stuff I don't see the problem with it.
Why should we have to turn off mass messaging to not get vulgar messages from a few people? That is, in affect, removing the right from the decent people.
I kind of like the idea of being able to disable mass messaging from people who wont use it appropriately, because most of them who do it, are only doing it for the shock effect, and attention, so take it away from them.
But repeat offenders should be dealt with more harshly.
__________________
FORUM RULES
GRAAL BIBLE (Lots of useful info)
INFO ABOUT REPUTATIONS.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-17-2009, 10:21 PM
Rufus Rufus is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,698
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
Why should we have to turn off mass messaging to not get vulgar messages from a few people? That is, in affect, removing the right from the decent people.
I kind of like the idea of being able to disable mass messaging from people who wont use it appropriately, because most of them who do it, are only doing it for the shock effect, and attention, so take it away from them.
But repeat offenders should be dealt with more harshly.
I don't see how it would affect you either way, considering you don't even play.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
Seriously, you have ****-all for content and you're not exactly pulling in new developer talent, angling for prestigious titles should be your last concern.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-17-2009, 10:23 PM
Darlene159 Darlene159 is offline
Administrator
Darlene159's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 12,470
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
I don't see how it would affect you either way, considering you don't even play.
Stop saying that. I do play, just not often RIGHT NOW. I am very familiar with the gameplay of Graal.
__________________
FORUM RULES
GRAAL BIBLE (Lots of useful info)
INFO ABOUT REPUTATIONS.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-17-2009, 10:47 PM
Rufus Rufus is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,698
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
Stop saying that. I do play, just not often RIGHT NOW. I am very familiar with the gameplay of Graal.
No you don't play, yet you make all of these self-righteousness statements all of the time, but even if everything in the entire game was changed to your liking you still wouldn't log on. It was the same on Classic when they made changes that you advocated, where you acted like a moral superiority, but didn't even bother to log on since.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
Seriously, you have ****-all for content and you're not exactly pulling in new developer talent, angling for prestigious titles should be your last concern.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-17-2009, 10:50 PM
Darlene159 Darlene159 is offline
Administrator
Darlene159's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 12,470
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
No you don't play, yet you make all of these self-righteousness statements all of the time, but even if everything in the entire game was changed to your liking you still wouldn't log on. It was the same on Classic when they made changes that you advocated, where you acted like a moral superiority, but didn't even bother to log on since.
Guess what? I'm not going to argue with you. Think what you want, I will still voice my opinion.
__________________
FORUM RULES
GRAAL BIBLE (Lots of useful info)
INFO ABOUT REPUTATIONS.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-17-2009, 10:50 PM
LoneAngelIbesu LoneAngelIbesu is offline
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu's Avatar
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toldeo, Ohio
Posts: 1,049
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
i don't see where your animosity is coming from, but ignoring the person doesn't remove the problem of their mass messages. it's just like jailing - it only just gets the job done, it doesn't actually solve the problem
I just have to ask, because you don't seem to understand how crime & punishment works on Graal: how will this solve the problem? By disabling masses? You can't mass from jails, either; hell, in a couple of Valikorlia's jails, you can't even chat. As soon as they're able to mass again, they're going to cause another problem, especially if jailing never stopped them before. If it's a serious problem, deserving of a permanent mass ban, then I think it's a bit silly to stop at preventing them from massing. If it gets to that level, it's probably time to consider actual banning.
__________________
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
— Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-17-2009, 10:52 PM
Rufus Rufus is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,698
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
Guess what? I'm not going to argue with you. Think what you want, I will still voice my opinion.
I'm glad, because Internet hypocrisy is hilarious.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
Seriously, you have ****-all for content and you're not exactly pulling in new developer talent, angling for prestigious titles should be your last concern.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 Linux cyberjoueurs All Rights Reserved.