Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #31  
Old 07-14-2009, 07:18 AM
Crono Crono is offline
:pluffy:
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,993
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhausted View Post
obviously the servers with lower populations attract players, just that some servers are more attractive then others. if you're going to keep those lower-population servers around, you might as well get people to play them more -_-
They attract the amount they do for a reason, you can't force people to play them because the truth of the matter is the ~73 players on UN right now want to play UN and not Era, Zodiac, Valikorlia, Delteria, or Npulse.
__________________
  #32  
Old 07-14-2009, 07:19 AM
Mark Sir Link Mark Sir Link is offline
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,489
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
holy **** this guy can't possibly be serious
  #33  
Old 07-14-2009, 07:29 AM
maximus_asinus maximus_asinus is offline
RIP DarkCloud_PK
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,727
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
In the beginning I thought Exhausted was serious, but I've begun to formulate this theory where he is actually an ex-graalian whos only purpose is to troll these forums until someone figures out his identity.

If by the off chance I am wrong, and he is actually serious then, I ask you... no I beg you; sign out, clear your cookies, and your browser's history, uninstall Graal, then wander outside and suffer some sort of blunt force trauma so you forget all about Graal.
__________________
Save Classic!
  #34  
Old 07-14-2009, 07:40 AM
Nelm Nelm is offline
delterian loyalist
Nelm's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Michigan
Posts: 198
Nelm will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Nelm
I'm with Max. I thought we were done with this guy?
  #35  
Old 07-14-2009, 07:59 AM
Tigairius Tigairius is offline
The Cat
Tigairius's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,240
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhausted View Post
*rolls eyes*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhausted View Post
*rolls eyes again*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhausted View Post
*rolls eyes*
They see me rollin', they hatin'.
__________________


“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
  #36  
Old 07-14-2009, 08:34 AM
Exhausted Exhausted is offline
Registered User
Exhausted's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 179
Exhausted is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
Removing players freedoms is not a very good idea. This is like me arguing that once you make a goodbye thread (hint) you are not ever allowed to come back again.
5/10 rating, the trolling just keeps getting better in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
My position on Zodiac does not influence my opinion, sure I don't want to lose players from my server but I don't want to house people who don't want to be on it either.
*rolls eyes* once again, i never said they had to be forced onto a specific server. locked out of UN? go to npulse for a bit, it's a classic server. locked out of Era? they have guns in UN CS, go there for a bit.

Quote:
Also how does your idea work around the fact that players may be banned on the servers they will be rotated to, does it pertain only to Classic and Gold servers? What if they don't have gold or classic?
well if someone got banned that much anyway, they should just be globally banned

Quote:
What if a player went out of his way to get banned on every server he didn't want to play on, so he didn't have to suffer through getting rotated?
well hopefully a global notices and just bans them

Quote:
Implementing this could be a support center nightmare.
i think that the globals are very competent and could handle anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
They attract the amount they do for a reason, you can't force people to play them because the truth of the matter is the ~73 players on UN right now want to play UN and not Era, Zodiac, Valikorlia, Delteria, or Npulse.
large playercounts attract other players if noobs were sent off to other servers (like the dead/dying ones), they wouldn't automatically think UN is the best because of it's player count.


Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
In the beginning I thought Exhausted was serious, but I've begun to formulate this theory where he is actually an ex-graalian whos only purpose is to troll these forums until someone figures out his identity.
i still play graal...

Quote:
If by the off chance I am wrong, and he is actually serious then, I ask you... no I beg you; sign out, clear your cookies, and your browser's history, uninstall Graal, then wander outside and suffer some sort of blunt force trauma so you forget all about Graal.
3/10 rating, horrible trolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
They see me rollin', they hatin'.
offtopic/spam post. i would neg rep if i could.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by grawlgamer View Post
And one thing that really pissed me off, I bought Assassin's Creed a week before they halved the price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataxo View Post
you're so evil, graal doesnt need persons like you, you should get global ban
  #37  
Old 07-14-2009, 02:11 PM
pooper200000 pooper200000 is offline
The Blackswan
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Asylum
Posts: 5,060
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Here, I'll play your game. You say it is the same 5-10 people opposing you. I tend to stay out of things which means I haven't opposed you, and I admit I don't like this idea.

I'll participate in a "mature" discussion, but don't post things such as," I rate your trolling a 2.5 out of 10." If you post things such as that you are just proving you can't even participate in the mature discussion you so strongly advocate. If you want anyone to treat you maturely, you must act maturely, even if you won't always be treated the same way.

Please post the main positive ideas of this idea in bullet form. After posting the positive ideas, post any negatives sides (Also in bullet form) and explain why the positive ideas outweigh the negative ideas. The reason I ask you do this is because your current method of posting the points is convoluted and I have difficulty deciphering which points you most strongly advocate.

After that I'll post my reasoning on why your I believe this idea would not be good for Graal.
__________________
Always Watching!

Last edited by pooper200000; 07-14-2009 at 02:24 PM..
  #38  
Old 07-14-2009, 02:32 PM
BlueMelon BlueMelon is offline
asdfg
BlueMelon's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,481
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
this dude :"OmGZ! Theyrre given 1029k ep on UN FO FREE!!"

The other dude : sorry im like "Practicly banned" for 5 hours.

People would miss alot of some nice server activities to
And i dont like your thread
I rate it a 1.47/10
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/OOJbW.jpg
  #39  
Old 07-14-2009, 02:40 PM
Soala Soala is offline
Ideas on Fire
Soala's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In my head
Posts: 3,208
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
this dude :"OmGZ! Theyrre given 1029k ep on UN FO FREE!!"

The other dude : sorry im like "Practicly banned" for 5 hours.

People would miss alot of some nice server activities to
And i dont like your thread
I rate it a 1.47/10

I totally agree, it would suck for events hosted on some type of server.
Like you need to prepare yourself, you just played like 3hours on it and when the event starts...poof !

An exemple in reality:

Would you like to be american 5hours, then be obliged to live in china for some hours, to finaly become african for a day?

That would totally suck man, stop making some rules that you couldn't stand yourself !
  #40  
Old 07-14-2009, 04:52 PM
Darlene159 Darlene159 is offline
Administrator
Darlene159's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 12,470
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Exausted, please stop accusing people of trolling just because they disagree.
I do not agree with your idea at all. I do not think forcing people to play servers that they dont want to play will help Graal in any way.
Updates and advertisement is most important in my opinion.

I would be upset if I were in the middle of something on a server, and my time were up.
That would make me not want to play anymore.
I have servers that I like, and those are what I play.
If I see something advertised, I might check it out.
__________________
FORUM RULES
GRAAL BIBLE (Lots of useful info)
INFO ABOUT REPUTATIONS.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
  #41  
Old 07-14-2009, 05:43 PM
BlueMelon BlueMelon is offline
asdfg
BlueMelon's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,481
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Exausted, after reading all these post of why we dont like your idea do you still feal the same way with your idea?
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/OOJbW.jpg
  #42  
Old 07-14-2009, 05:45 PM
kia345 kia345 is offline
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: delteria
Posts: 6,737
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
Exausted, please stop accusing people of trolling just because they disagree.
I do not agree with your idea at all. I do not think forcing people to play servers that they dont want to play will help Graal in any way.
Updates and advertisement is most important in my opinion.

I would be upset if I were in the middle of something on a server, and my time were up.
That would make me not want to play anymore.
I have servers that I like, and those are what I play.
If I see something advertised, I might check it out.
Why didn't you ban him for that spam thread?
__________________
pojo
  #43  
Old 07-14-2009, 05:56 PM
Cloven Cloven is offline
Delteria
Cloven's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Florida, United States
Posts: 542
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
Create more ridiculous threads please.
  #44  
Old 07-14-2009, 06:12 PM
fowlplay4 fowlplay4 is offline
team canada
fowlplay4's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,200
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhausted
*rolls eyes* once again, i never said they had to be forced onto a specific server. locked out of UN? go to npulse for a bit, it's a classic server. locked out of Era? they have guns in UN CS, go there for a bit.
So now the idea has changed from getting the player to switch servers, to now locking them out so they can't go back for 5 hours? UN does not compare to the experience you may have found on Era, or N-Pulse.

Most likely if they can't play the server they want, when they want. They are just going to exit Graal and go do something else.

If people want to play the other servers, they should have to go their naturally whether it be an advertisement or a news update that convinces them to go visit and try it out.

Just because you enjoy classic style gameplay on one server doesn't mean you're going to like it on another. In fact in the case of classic styled server it's the community that makes the server and making people switch servers would scramble up the community, most likely for the worst in most cases.

As Darlene said above, what if you're doing something important on the current server and it decides HEY TIME TO LOCK YOU OUT. Now you're interrupted and most likely pissed. A good example of this is when you're playing a game and your controller gets unplugged and the game doesn't pause, end result you die in-game.

Also even a global posted a joke in your thread, your support for this idea is minimal to none. The cons of the idea heavily outweigh the pros, and I think we've spelled it out for you enough.
__________________
Quote:
  #45  
Old 07-14-2009, 06:55 PM
Crono Crono is offline
:pluffy:
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,993
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhausted View Post
large playercounts attract other players if noobs were sent off to other servers (like the dead/dying ones), they wouldn't automatically think UN is the best because of it's player count.
There's a reason why the top 3 servers have the playercounts they do, and it's not because "LOL THEY HAD HIGH PLAYERCOUNTS BEFORE".
__________________
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 Linux cyberjoueurs All Rights Reserved.