Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #16  
Old 07-14-2009, 06:24 AM
fowlplay4 fowlplay4 is offline
team canada
fowlplay4's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,200
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
I now declare that we call your idea EXTREME OBSERVER MODE, and observer mode sucks because it's anti-fun.
__________________
Quote:
  #17  
Old 07-14-2009, 06:25 AM
Crono Crono is offline
:pluffy:
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,993
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
Guys I really hope the jokes on us and he's been making these threads to bait us all the whole time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhausted View Post
*rolls eyes again* there are mor pros then cons to my idea.. some people will get mad, but they'll be helping graal by playing other servers and not the same one the whole day
There are 0 pros to your idea. Forcing players to play a server in the name of playercount will cause more harm than good. That's like World of Warcraft forcing players to switch from normal servers to PvP servers to RP servers every 5 hours, it's just ridiculous. There's a pretty good reason why no game does this. You're putting too much emphasis on playercount. Playercount changes by how well a playerworld can both attract and keep players, not how well Graal can force players onto a server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhausted View Post
i honestly think you're trying really hard to find reason to disagree with me because you hate me for some reason
Trust me, it doesn't take much effort to find a reason to disagree with anything you post. I'm sure the forum shares my opinion, and I'm pretty sure the problem is on your side not ours. LOL
__________________
  #18  
Old 07-14-2009, 06:30 AM
Exhausted Exhausted is offline
Registered User
Exhausted's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 179
Exhausted is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
What makes you think you can?
because i studied psychology for 4 years in school and i've played graal for about seven years so i know how the general population will react

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
I now declare that we call your idea EXTREME OBSERVER MODE, and observer mode sucks because it's anti-fun.
3.4 rating, better then kia's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
There are 0 pros to your idea. Forcing players to play a server in the name of playercount will cause more harm than good. That's like World of Warcraft forcing players to switch from normal servers to PvP servers to RP servers every 5 hours,
this isn't WoW, making the rest of that irrelevant

Quote:
Trust me, it doesn't take much effort to find a reason to disagree with anything you post. I'm sure the forum shares my opinion, and I'm pretty sure the problem is on your side not ours. LOL
4/10 rating, best trolling in this thread so far

seriously guys, why are you giving me such a hard time? if you think my ideas are ****ty, fine. you don't like them, fine. we could have a serious discussion about this, but you guys go right to flaming and subtle insults, which isn't what i want.

can we have a civil discussion, please?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by grawlgamer View Post
And one thing that really pissed me off, I bought Assassin's Creed a week before they halved the price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataxo View Post
you're so evil, graal doesnt need persons like you, you should get global ban
  #19  
Old 07-14-2009, 06:34 AM
kia345 kia345 is offline
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: delteria
Posts: 6,737
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhausted View Post
wow an account name joke, how original. i rate your trolling a 2/10
Your thread is a joke. You seem to think this is a case of "trolls trolling trolls".


No, we genuinely think your ideas are stupid.
__________________
pojo
  #20  
Old 07-14-2009, 06:37 AM
Clockwork Clockwork is offline
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,071
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Clockwork
I thought I said goodbye to you
__________________
  #21  
Old 07-14-2009, 06:37 AM
Crono Crono is offline
:pluffy:
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,993
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhausted View Post
this isn't WoW, making the rest of that irrelevant
How does it make the rest irrelevant even if this isn't WoW? Here, allow me to remove that bit. There are 0 pros to your idea. Forcing players to play a server in the name of playercount will cause more harm than good. Go ahead, name me some pros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhausted
4/10 rating, best trolling in this thread so far
This whole "YAY IM GOING TO RATE WHATEVER POST DISAGREES WITH ME AND BRAND THE POSTER A TROLL" is getting old. p.s it's not trolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhausted
seriously guys, why are you giving me such a hard time? if you think my ideas are ****ty, fine. you don't like them, fine. we could have a serious discussion about this, but you guys go right to flaming and subtle insults, which isn't what i want.
Because your ideas are unbelievably terrible and yet you're the only person on this forum who can't see or accept that. You continue to argue with horrible logic, ignore any valid point thrown your way (with the ever so witty "lel 1/10 rating u troll lelel" stamp), and then keep going.
__________________
  #22  
Old 07-14-2009, 06:38 AM
Exhausted Exhausted is offline
Registered User
Exhausted's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 179
Exhausted is infamous around these parts
how is my thread a joke?
i want what we all want: graal to be a better game.
for every change, there are people that like and dislike that change, people that will stay, people that will quit.

if this feature was implemented, i guarantee a few people would quit, but in time more people would play and the game would get a LOT better
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by grawlgamer View Post
And one thing that really pissed me off, I bought Assassin's Creed a week before they halved the price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataxo View Post
you're so evil, graal doesnt need persons like you, you should get global ban
  #23  
Old 07-14-2009, 06:40 AM
fowlplay4 fowlplay4 is offline
team canada
fowlplay4's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,200
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Seriously, you can't seriously expect players to drop everything they're doing every 5 hours or so to try something new, making people play things they don't like will not be a good idea.

Just because you don't mind some things, doesn't mean other people will.

Seriously...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhausted View Post
if this feature was implemented, i guarantee a few people would quit, but in time more people would play and the game would get a LOT better
Better servers, make the game ALOT better, not roulette styled gameplay which is what you're proposing.
__________________
Quote:
  #24  
Old 07-14-2009, 06:42 AM
Exhausted Exhausted is offline
Registered User
Exhausted's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 179
Exhausted is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
How does it make the rest irrelevant even if this isn't WoW? Here, allow me to remove that bit. There are 0 pros to your idea. Forcing players to play a server in the name of playercount will cause more harm than good. Go ahead, name me some pros.
graal is way different then WoW.

pros:
- inspired developers
- better game quality
- most servers being put to constant use

cons:
- a few elitist members would quit

Quote:
This whole "YAY IM GOING TO RATE WHATEVER POST DISAGREES WITH ME AND BRAND THE POSTER A TROLL" is getting old. p.s it's not trolling
if i rated every post that disagreed with me, i would do a lot more ratings. i generally only rate single sentences, but sometimes entire posts, but those posts are usually short anyway.

Quote:
Because your ideas are unbelievably terrible and yet you're the only person on this forum who can't see or accept that. You continue to argue with horrible logic, ignore any valid point thrown your way (with the ever so witty "lel 1/10 rating u troll lelel" stamp), and then keep going.
no, in my last thread someone agreed with my idea

added on to original post..

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Seriously, you can't seriously expect players to drop everything they're doing every 5 hours or so to try something new, making people play things they don't like will not be a good idea.
it doesn't necesscarily have to be every 5 hours... if people know there's a deadline, they won't commit to activities that'll go above the deadline, anyway.

Quote:
Better servers, make the game ALOT better, not roulette styled gameplay which is what you're proposing.
all of graal's servers are pretty bad right now... still fun/playable, but rigged with a lot of problems
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by grawlgamer View Post
And one thing that really pissed me off, I bought Assassin's Creed a week before they halved the price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataxo View Post
you're so evil, graal doesnt need persons like you, you should get global ban
  #25  
Old 07-14-2009, 06:43 AM
kia345 kia345 is offline
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: delteria
Posts: 6,737
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhausted View Post
no, in my last thread someone agreed with my idea
That's because your last thread was about you quitting
__________________
pojo
  #26  
Old 07-14-2009, 06:46 AM
fowlplay4 fowlplay4 is offline
team canada
fowlplay4's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,200
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Your idea does not actually do any of the following:

- Inspires developers, ( In fact common developer consensus is that we hate your ideas )
- Improves game quality ( What..? )
__________________
Quote:
  #27  
Old 07-14-2009, 06:47 AM
Crono Crono is offline
:pluffy:
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,993
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhausted View Post
pros:
- inspired developers
- better game quality
- most servers being put to constant use



cons:
- a few elitist members would quit
Servers are not being put to "constant use" because they do not attract players. This can range from the server not being good enough to the server only wanting to cater for a certain type of audience. Forcing players onto a server they do not want to be on will make them GASP NOT WANT TO PLAY IT. More than just "a few elitist members would quit".

Developers would not become inspired by this, if anything as a developer I would be appalled at such a ridiculous system and not want to develop at all. The "quality" of a playercount would not be altered by this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhausted
no, in my last thread someone agreed with my idea
Wow, a whole person! Who was it by the way? I think the person was most likely kidding around.
__________________
  #28  
Old 07-14-2009, 06:53 AM
Exhausted Exhausted is offline
Registered User
Exhausted's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 179
Exhausted is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
That's because your last thread was about you quitting
*rolls eyes*, about the GP thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Your idea does not actually do any of the following:

- Inspires developers, ( In fact common developer consensus is that we hate your ideas )
- Improves game quality ( What..? )
all it is is the same 5-10 people disagreeing with me.. that hardly is the entire populace of graal

most people just hate my ideas because it's inconviencies them. wanna pay more for graal? no, "the game isn't worth paying for even though i play it all day anyway!"..wanna move content from dead/dying servers to servers actually alive? "no, even though this isn't a bad idea at all, i want this server to stay alive because i used to play it but don't anymore.. it's still my home! just.. i dont play it, like everyone else".. limit the power of GPs to prevent corruption? "no, there's a few people i dislike that i want the GPs to take care of even though they aren't breaking rules"

seriously, become more open-minded.. besides you're the MANAGER of a server, which is why you don't want people going off your server


Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Servers are not being put to "constant use" because they do not attract players. This can range from the server not being good enough to the server only wanting to cater for a certain type of audience. Forcing players onto a server they do not want to be on will make them GASP NOT WANT TO PLAY IT. More than just "a few elitist members would quit"
obviously the servers with lower populations attract players, just that some servers are more attractive then others. if you're going to keep those lower-population servers around, you might as well get people to play them more -_-

Quote:
Developers would not become inspired by this, if anything as a developer I would be appalled at such a ridiculous system and not want to develop at all. The "quality" of a playercount would not be altered by this.
right.. if you say so

Quote:
Wow, a whole person! Who was it by the way? I think the person was most likely kidding around.
no idea. darlene always deletes my threads and then never responds after she says i can forum PM her about it.. so i can't go back and check
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by grawlgamer View Post
And one thing that really pissed me off, I bought Assassin's Creed a week before they halved the price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataxo View Post
you're so evil, graal doesnt need persons like you, you should get global ban
  #29  
Old 07-14-2009, 06:54 AM
Clockwork Clockwork is offline
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,071
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Clockwork
Removing players freedoms is not a very good idea. This is like me arguing that once you make a goodbye thread (hint) you are not ever allowed to come back again.
__________________
  #30  
Old 07-14-2009, 07:12 AM
fowlplay4 fowlplay4 is offline
team canada
fowlplay4's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,200
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
My position on Zodiac does not influence my opinion, sure I don't want to lose players from my server but I don't want to house people who don't want to be on it either.

It should be the server and it's content that attracts the players, not forcing players to go there.

Also how does your idea work around the fact that players may be banned on the servers they will be rotated to, does it pertain only to Classic and Gold servers? What if they don't have gold or classic?

What if a player went out of his way to get banned on every server he didn't want to play on, so he didn't have to suffer through getting rotated?

Implementing this could be a support center nightmare.
__________________
Quote:
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 Linux cyberjoueurs All Rights Reserved.