Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Zodiac Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #151  
Old 08-08-2012, 12:55 AM
Pandar Pandar is offline
Babylon Co-Manager
Pandar's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 68
Pandar has a spectacular aura aboutPandar has a spectacular aura about
The Playerworld Administration deal with situations on a case-by-case basis. That is why they have removed Jerret from his position as Manager of Zodiac for his posts on the official Graal forums, while the Zodiac community uses its own forums. Makes sense.
__________________
R.I.P. Graal (1998 - 2004)
  #152  
Old 08-08-2012, 12:57 AM
Imperialistic Imperialistic is offline
graal player lord
Imperialistic's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,093
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emera View Post
I know a fantastic example of a manager that has had no prior knowledge of the server they're managing and is doing an outstanding job of managing the server and has been doing it since January 2012. Novo has been doing an amazing job with limited knowledge of Delteria's past. I agree that once they're in a managerial position, they should make an effort to get to know the server they're working for though.
Well, you don't really need to know anything about the old Delteria's past because the new Delteria is NOTHING like old Delt. So that example is completely null.
__________________
" It's been swell, but the swelling's gone down. "
  #153  
Old 08-08-2012, 12:58 AM
Eskimo Eskimo is offline
King of the Ice Box
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 21
Eskimo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandar View Post
The Playerworld Administration deal with situations on a case-by-case basis. That is why they have removed Jerret from his position as Manager of Zodiac for his posts on the official Graal forums, while the Zodiac community uses its own forums. Makes sense.
If this thread hadn't been posted on a forum that 90% of zodiac doesn't use, there would be a LOT more reaction from zodiac players
  #154  
Old 08-08-2012, 01:05 AM
Tigairius Tigairius is offline
The Cat
Tigairius's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,240
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
You sound like you're just making up rules now. Since when were people allowed to evade and work on servers when they're globally banned? According to the code of conduct, 'Users whose accounts have been terminated by any Graal Online administrator or LINUX Cyberjoueurs himself may not access the Graal Online system in any manner or for any reason without the express written permission of Cyberjoueur'. Moreover, if Jerret has a history of 'asking people sexually charged, highly inappropriate questions in public' and there has been 'a degree of harassment from him' then why would he be allowed to work on Zodiac at all? Do you realize how stupid that sounds?

I don't agree with the hypocritical nature that you seem to work in favor of yourself and the projects that you work on. You might think it is acceptable to make Jerret out to be some big bad that the PWA had to remove, but based on how you've allowed people (namely those within your circle of friends) to get away with much worse, I do not know how you expect anyone to take this seriously. I can only assume that you'll throw in that Jerret was a manager and thus is expected to have acted in a more professional way than what your buddies were doing. If he was actually doing his job though, which he clearly was, wouldn't it have better served THIS case to have left him banned from the forums?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperialistic View Post
Rufus is on point, Tig you're just making up new rules as you go. (and enforcing them on non-friends)
Is that so? Because I don't recall ever referring to anything I said as a "rule" by which we abide. No, in fact, I explicitly said that we handle each situation on a case-by-case basis. If someone is banned, and wants to prove himself/herself, we welcome people to purchase new accounts and play on them until they misbehave again (unless we consider their presence a threat to the community in some way). We're allowing Jerret to stay as a developer on the -dev server only- where he will not be interacting with players, so I'm not sure how you see it's "stupid" of us to allow him to work on Zodiac privately. His presence on the dev server would only help Zodiac.

I work in favor of Graal and Graal's community, and every decision the PWA makes is in, what we consider to be, Graal's best interest. You may not agree, clearly you do not here, but you said it best yourself, Jerret was not behaving properly as a manager (on a very popular server), a position we hold to higher expectations, and we gave him ample warning before making this difficult decision.

Of course we weighed his value in the community as a scripter against his negative personality traits, but again, we unanimously agreed that he is not worth his trouble. Anyways, I feel that I've really exasperated this discussion more than I normally would, and there's really nothing more that can really be said by anyone. I think everyone has pretty much voiced their complaints and we've explained our stance.
__________________


ôShoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.ö
  #155  
Old 08-08-2012, 01:08 AM
evilchaseofdoom evilchaseofdoom is offline
Registered User
evilchaseofdoom's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 106
evilchaseofdoom will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
If this thread hadn't been posted on a forum that 90% of zodiac doesn't use, there would be a LOT more reaction from zodiac players
90% of Zodiac doesn't use? More like 98%. If any of you guys go on the Official Zodiac forums, Jerret actually takes that seriously and is very professional. Sure, there's some of his posts that aren't 100% with it, but for the most part he's nothing like he is on these forums.
  #156  
Old 08-08-2012, 01:08 AM
DeathOfRa DeathOfRa is offline
Dionne F°rever
DeathOfRa's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Leandrilic Isles, Zodiac
Posts: 122
DeathOfRa is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to DeathOfRa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
It was not an easy decision to remove Jerret. There's no denying that he is, in some limited sense, an asset to the community. However, it was a decision that we reached (unanimously, I might add) after discussing it for months.

The decision about his removal was not over one issue (like this triple_combo stuff). It was over a series of issues over an extended period of time. Fowlplay4's public behavior has been increasingly poor over the years, especially in the last year. Need I also remind you that he has been permanently banned from the official GraalOnline forums for repeated poor behavior (this was before his removal)? We have history of him asking people sexually charged, highly inappropriate questions in public, we've seen a degree of harassment from him, and on top of this, we asked him to stop multiple times.

In fact, I remember back on March 4th (yes, that's nearly half a year ago), warning Jerret that if he cannot improve his behavior, especially on the official forums, we do not want him staying in his position. In fact, I said these words to him exactly and He agreed to stop, and then continued misbehaving. Posting things on the forums like "I'm pretty hard right now" and "hey bayne vvat does thor's loads taste like?"

We warned him again by banning him from the forums for 31 days. He returned to the forums starting threads like "MD is garbage" (taking shots at MysticalDragon on Delteria) saying things like and posting things in other un-related topics like "hey galdor wat do my nutz taste like *****" (these are direct quotes).

And many of you have brought up triple_combo (who is in no way at fault here), where Gabriel asked Zodiac for proper proof for having banned him/her. Gabriel was only doing his job -- something he would've done for any of you -- by making sure Zodiac had full indisputable evidence to be banning someone for life. They did not have proper proof, so Gabriel removed the ban and in order to spite Gabriel, fowlplay4's administration placed a trade restriction on triple_combo, essentially rendering the game unplayable. This is unacceptable to do to paying customers for essentially no reason. Gabriel approached me about the situation and then proceeded to ask fowlplay4 to remove the trade restriction if he/she was not suspected of actively breaking any rules. Fowlplay4 removed the trade restriction, but decided to reset triple_combo as a retaliatory response to Gabriel's persistence. Quite frankly, I don't care if you're the king of the world, we do not accept this kind of behavior from managers. We saw bias coming from fowlplay4's administration not only in this sense but in others as well.

Let me reassure anyone who is in doubt that this was NOT an impulsive decision. It was well thought-out, planned, and long talked about among the PWA. Triple_combo is only the tip of the iceberg as to why Fowlplay4 was removed, and he/she is certainly not the primary reasoning. Jerret had plenty of warning, plenty of chances to improve, and plenty of opportunity. I know none of you ever claimed to know the whole story, but please keep in mind that there is always more to the story than what you can see. Obviously I do not want to discuss Fowlplay4's entire rap sheet because I find it disrespectful to do so, but he is in no way some angel that you all have painted him to be.
This is a load of horseshit. Anyone with eyes can see you covering your tracks here. Your decision has damned one of the best servers Graal has to offer, including Graal Kingdoms, which never introduces anything of mention, which I know because people would hear about it and I talk to people who hear things.
And Jerret "interacts" with us with humorous messages, Zodiac people are a hardy bunch who take news a bit differently than the rest of the people. If it's not funny or outstanding, we generally think "tl;dr;not important enough".
__________________
Z°m▀´Ű! says:
I'm getting on to people that said that didn't or would not vote today. : O
"That means you don't care about the government so if you whine about the goverment any time past this its your fault and I'm allowed to slap you with a raw tuna fish."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Programmer View Post
The voices in my head like to bicker with each other.

Last edited by DeathOfRa; 08-08-2012 at 01:16 AM.. Reason: Added something so it's not just spam!
  #157  
Old 08-08-2012, 01:14 AM
Pandar Pandar is offline
Babylon Co-Manager
Pandar's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 68
Pandar has a spectacular aura aboutPandar has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
Is that so? Because I don't recall ever referring to anything I said as a "rule" by which we abide. No, in fact, I explicitly said that we handle each situation on a case-by-case basis. If someone is banned, and wants to prove himself/herself, we welcome people to purchase new accounts and play on them until they misbehave again (unless we consider their presence a threat to the community in some way). We're allowing Jerret to stay as a developer on the -dev server only- where he will not be interacting with players, so I'm not sure how you see it's "stupid" of us to allow him to work on Zodiac privately. His presence on the dev server would only help Zodiac.

I work in favor of Graal and Graal's community, and every decision the PWA makes is in, what we consider to be, Graal's best interest. You may not agree, clearly you do not here, but you said it best yourself, Jerret was not behaving properly as a manager (on a very popular server), a position we hold to higher expectations, and we gave him ample warning before making this difficult decision.

Of course we weighed his value in the community as a scripter against his negative personality traits, but again, we unanimously agreed that he is not worth his trouble. Anyways, I feel that I've really exasperated this discussion more than I normally would, and there's really nothing more that can really be said by anyone. I think everyone has pretty much voiced their complaints and we've explained our stance.
Anybody on Graal whose voice is worth listening to, will disagree with you up and down. You made the wrong decision.
__________________
R.I.P. Graal (1998 - 2004)
  #158  
Old 08-08-2012, 01:15 AM
MattKan MattKan is offline
the KattMan
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 1,325
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan Send a message via Skype™ to MattKan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
I work in favor of Graal and Graal's community, and every decision the PWA makes is in, what we consider to be, Graal's best interest.
Well, you're wrong on that. It isn't Graal's best interest. Everybody on Graal is against it, so it definitely is not in Graal's best interest.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoru Iwata
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
  #159  
Old 08-08-2012, 01:18 AM
Eskimo Eskimo is offline
King of the Ice Box
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 21
Eskimo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
We're allowing Jerret to stay as a developer on the -dev server only- where he will not be interacting with players, so I'm not sure how you see it's "stupid" of us to allow him to work on Zodiac privately. His presence on the dev server would only help Zodiac.
I'm not sure how you automatically assume his actions on the forums reflect how he interacts with the community on the server. Maybe you should try playing the server before you judge that. If he is still going to be allowed to develop for zodiac, the only reason i can see that you would have for removing him from the management position is a bias towards your Vimes friend.
  #160  
Old 08-08-2012, 01:19 AM
evilchaseofdoom evilchaseofdoom is offline
Registered User
evilchaseofdoom's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 106
evilchaseofdoom will become famous soon enough
Courtesy of *whatzgoingon:

dont even know where to start
jerret is a great manager, he's contributed a lot to zodiac. he's always helped out when being asked for serious help, even on other servers yet you fire him out of personal dislikes
i still dont feel like the reason he was fired is justified. after seeing tigs quotes i do agree it was some inappropriate stuff but it wasnt supposed to be offending
its just his bad sense of humor, he didnt mean to harm anyone
the warnings that were quoted refer jerret pointing out that someone was receiving preferable treatment

he wasnt told to stop the sexual harassment, he could have figured that out himself but again, its just bad sense of humor from his part
and as for triple combo, he/she has been banned serveral times for usd/cst, even with proper proof
i.ve been gp before so i actually am able to say that jerret has always been fair when it comes to handling those things
he shouldnt be fired for stepping on someones toes or even for pointing out another persons mistake
you want him to keep developing yet he isnt allowed to still be manager despite doing a great job
it isnt going to be easy to even find a decent replacement
even if you dont agree with what he did, you might as well consider whats good for zodiac and what the people who play it want, not what you want
keep him banned form the main forums, dont care though leave the management out of it
  #161  
Old 08-08-2012, 01:26 AM
lag_PKer lag_PKer is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 22
lag_PKer can only hope to improve
Tigairius, I know you're the PWAdmin and I'm just you know.. a player.

But I'd highly recommend rehiring Jerret, hoping he will rectify his behavior.

Keep him off of the Graal forums, sure. Maybe ban him from everything forum, minus Zodiac and the Scripting forums and see how his behavior goes from there.

But I've never seen such a reaction from players when a Manager is fired, so clearly his negative that you believe outweigh the positives of his administration aren't such a big deal to the majority of the players.

Perhaps he does need a break from Management. Of course, people have always had problems with his attitude, but it looks like something's been up with him lately, as if he just wasn't caring how he behaved.

Either way, sooner or later, I strongly recommend re-instating him.

What happened after PWAs fired Streety?
We've had:
BD > GK > Crono > Dwarfy > Kevin > Fuza/KB

So 6 different management reigns since you fired a stable Manager, who even though I personally disliked a lot, was good for UN and cared for his work. Now you just fired another stable Manager.

Don't want this to get tl;dr, but as a last note.
I agree Jerret's completely in the wrong for not heeding your warnings.
I just hope you guys will work with him, because if you guys let such a good Manager go so easily, you're just hitting the server and game ever harder.

Edit: as a sidenote, this reminds me of American politics lol a few making decisions, much against what the majority want for the "best" of what they administrate.
  #162  
Old 08-08-2012, 01:28 AM
Imperialistic Imperialistic is offline
graal player lord
Imperialistic's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,093
Imperialistic is a jewel in the roughImperialistic is a jewel in the rough
Tig I can't even reply to your last post because it was obviously an attempt to cover your tracks and deter players from the facts of how you favor your Vimes family lol. The facts have been laid out on the table.

From what I can see you clearly judged his behavior simply off the forums. He was a Manager of Zodiac, not the Forums, it shouldn't matter what he has to say on here.. and if you don't like it feel free to ban him from the forums but don't rip him from the seat of Manager when has done absolutely nothing but made a positive influence in the community. Zodiac obviously had no problem with him and it seems like the only issues with him were the ones you were personally holding against him because of his personality on the forums. You just don't make sense at all.

I'll take Minecraft for example;

If you break rules on the forums and act like a fool they will ban you from the forums, simple as that. Do you see egotistical admin's going to their servers and interfering?


Also, I would love to see the approval from a Cyberjoueur representative that allowed Chris to play on alternative accounts.
Quote:
"Users whose accounts have been terminated by any Graal Online administrator or LINUX Cyberjoueurs himself may not access the Graal Online system in any manner or for any reason without the express written permission of Cyberjoueur."
__________________
" It's been swell, but the swelling's gone down. "
  #163  
Old 08-08-2012, 01:32 AM
maximus_asinus maximus_asinus is offline
RIP DarkCloud_PK
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,727
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
It is nice to see Graal operates exactly like it did when I was actively playing. The whole situation is pathetic. An adminstration consisting of (former) players appointed by (active) players or selecting members from an internal process just doesn't work because it seems the administration cannot distance themselves from the in game politics (or soap opera like drama if you prefer). The fact that a 'family' was even allowed to be established within speaks volumes towards the stagnation of the administration and the lack of moderation by Cyberjouers. That in itself should warrant the firings of the PWA.
__________________
Save Classic!
  #164  
Old 08-08-2012, 01:34 AM
maximus_asinus maximus_asinus is offline
RIP DarkCloud_PK
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,727
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Also would like to note that a true administration would have stated the firing, reasons if not personal, and would not engage in this crap flinging contest like Tig is doing now.
__________________
Save Classic!
  #165  
Old 08-08-2012, 01:35 AM
MattKan MattKan is offline
the KattMan
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 1,325
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan Send a message via Skype™ to MattKan
I don't understand how you guys can just sit here and see the Graal community, including extremely active members of it, horrified and dismayed and not fix the problem.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoru Iwata
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 Linux cyberjoueurs All Rights Reserved.