Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Feature request
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #16  
Old 10-20-2010, 03:43 AM
Fulg0reSama Fulg0reSama is offline
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,049
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Okay than allow me to state what I understand from what you said.

If it is not a service provided by the Graal website, than by your decision you will not help because of some "concerns". We're glad you're showing you care about other peoples accounts but don't you think that players should have the choice to change their accounts password? It's as simple as changing the lock on your apartment's door.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-20-2010, 03:47 AM
TSAdmin TSAdmin is offline
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,981
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
Okay than allow me to state what I understand from what you said.

If it is not a service provided by the Graal website, than by your decision you will not help because of some "concerns". We're glad you're showing you care about other peoples accounts but don't you think that players should have the choice to change their accounts password? It's as simple as changing the lock on your apartment's door.
I think the only way players should have a choice is, as I have already said (Again, please read what I said before replying), if it is implemented as a service the player can access themselves. At this time, if we were to allow such a thing as allowing custom passwords to anyone who contacts us with a transaction receipt, they'd have to tell at least one other person what their new password is: The person doing it for them. We have a statement on EVERY e-mail sent out through the automated service that says something to the effect of (It does vary in words, so just get the idea):
Quote:
"Do not give out your password to anybody. GraalOnline staff will never ask you for your password."
and setting someone's custom password, thereby knowing what it is, impeaches the global administration.
__________________
TSAdmin (Forum Moderator)
Welcome to the Official GraalOnline Forums! Where sharing an opinion may be seen as a declaration of war!
------------------------
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-20-2010, 03:53 AM
kia345 kia345 is offline
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: delteria
Posts: 6,737
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
and setting someone's custom password, thereby knowing what it is, impeaches the global administration.
No, because they're not asking for it. If I post my password right now, your logic would get you fired!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
In my experience with people that twisted Bell's or Ibonic's arm until they permitted them use of a custom password in the past (Something I refuse to allow, so don't ask), their account was compromised within weeks.
Yeah, Graal's support center would get leaked every other day too. Like anyone related to Graal's administration has any right to talk about security.

Quote:
That then draws me to hope that if this ability to change your password were to be implemented, that it would be required to have a "Strong" password.
That's stupid.

If someone is confident with "password" as their password, it's their information and their account, so let them do with it what they want. I personally get upset by hotmail telling me my social security number and license plate number put together is "medium". I don't care what they think of my password, it's my account, back off.
__________________
pojo
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-20-2010, 03:54 AM
Crono Crono is offline
:pluffy:
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,993
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
hey guys other games and just about any other website/service doesn't let you choose your own password because your stupidity is a security threat to yourself



wait what
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-20-2010, 04:04 AM
Fulg0reSama Fulg0reSama is offline
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,049
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
I just want to know why TSAdmin needs to play Mommy with this business.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-20-2010, 04:12 AM
DustyPorViva DustyPorViva is offline
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 9,589
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Saying custom passwords are too easily compromised is a faulty statement. If they are so unreliable, how is pretty much every other website and game using custom passwords reliably?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-20-2010, 04:32 AM
Seeya Seeya is offline
ω
Seeya's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Zormite
Posts: 1,906
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
not many other games don't let you choose your account name either.
__________________
Kale Vimes

Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-20-2010, 04:33 AM
Fulg0reSama Fulg0reSama is offline
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,049
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Are we going to become like MS and have PINs for logging in accounts?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-20-2010, 07:02 AM
TSAdmin TSAdmin is offline
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,981
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
Are we going to become like MS and have PINs for logging in accounts?
I'd be careful with the ideas you throw around, especially if they're sarcastic. We've all seen how that can turn out.

To the reply about "TSAdmin playing mummy", though I'd prefer "daddy", I'm only an enforcer of what exists. There is only so far my authority can stretch to change things the players desire. This is not one of those things I can change and can only stick to enforcing. I feel the need to "play daddy" mainly because barely anybody else has the balls to. And yes, I won't hide the fact that I mean Stefan and Unixmad when it comes to stating that. But the fact of the matter is, the ball for changing things like this is in their corner of this court. I just stand out in front waiting for them to pass it to me and/or my team which only occurs when they've done something we can work with.
__________________
TSAdmin (Forum Moderator)
Welcome to the Official GraalOnline Forums! Where sharing an opinion may be seen as a declaration of war!
------------------------
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-20-2010, 07:07 AM
kia345 kia345 is offline
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: delteria
Posts: 6,737
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
So what I get out of this is, you're talking out of your ass on behalf of them.


Obviously your team doesn't have their head in the game, and you're flailing your arms around like an idiot when they don't even know where the ball is.
Yeah, I can make stupid analogies too. I bet I'm better at it.

Maybe you could be productive, and rather than throw out terrible defenses for the sake of people who don't care, you could agree with the obvious logical and good decisions made here and forward it to the people with authority, considering they're less likely to ignore your pleas than ours.
__________________
pojo
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-20-2010, 07:12 AM
Fulg0reSama Fulg0reSama is offline
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,049
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
I'd be careful with the ideas you throw around, especially if they're sarcastic. We've all seen how that can turn out.
My idea wouldn't be taken for about three reasons.

1. Total Negative choice to be made If they wish to keep their players in any way.

2. It would fall under "Unnecessary work to be made."

3. The players would utterly reject having such a feature put in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
To the reply about "TSAdmin playing mummy", though I'd prefer "daddy", I'm only an enforcer of what exists. There is only so far my authority can stretch to change things the players desire. This is not one of those things I can change and can only stick to enforcing. I feel the need to "play daddy" mainly because barely anybody else has the balls to. And yes, I won't hide the fact that I mean Stefan and Unixmad when it comes to stating that. But the fact of the matter is, the ball for changing things like this is in their corner of this court. I just stand out in front waiting for them to pass it to me and/or my team which only occurs when they've done something we can work with.
Thanks for being honest about the situation. So we can safely assume unless Stefan makes a call about this being available or not then there is nothing more to talk about right? you claim you have the balls to be "daddy" about this yet when It comes to the actual problem being approached you'd rather stay in the dark being the secretary telling us to wait for an appointment to get things done. Isn't it your job to be the bridge between the players and the big boys along with being administration?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-20-2010, 08:16 AM
Crono Crono is offline
:pluffy:
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,993
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
guys u cant make ur own passwords, it never works. havent you seen the internet and irl banks??
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-20-2010, 08:17 AM
Crono Crono is offline
:pluffy:
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 19,993
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
like seriously making ur own passwords and codes no1 does it just look around u blind
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-20-2010, 08:22 AM
Fulg0reSama Fulg0reSama is offline
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,049
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
guys u cant make ur own passwords, it never works. havent you seen the internet and irl banks??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
like seriously making ur own passwords and codes no1 does it just look around u blind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
hey guys other games and just about any other website/service doesn't let you choose your own password because your stupidity is a security threat to yourself



wait what



usoright

Last edited by Fulg0reSama; 10-20-2010 at 12:22 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-20-2010, 08:46 AM
TSAdmin TSAdmin is offline
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,981
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
you claim you have the balls to be "daddy" about this yet when It comes to the actual problem being approached you'd rather stay in the dark being the secretary telling us to wait for an appointment to get things done. Isn't it your job to be the bridge between the players and the big boys along with being administration?
We as the PWA have pitched a LOT of ideas (simple and otherwise) to Stefan of our own, as well as enforced our backing on ideas the players have pitched. Tig went out of his way looking for new support software/services. I, and the team together, have suggested many times that such things as player-controlled e-mail changes, security questions, alternate e-mail addresses and much much more be left at the fingertips of players themselves. So trust me, there is nothing "dark" about where I stay when topics such as this are brought up. I just don't think a single one of you understand (or even try to) and when any one of us tries to explain it, we are faced with ignorance a lot of the time because it really is true that people don't tend to care how it happens or who the blame should fall on when something doesn't happen, they just care if someone is listening; regardless of whether it's the right person or not, or if that person has already done all they can do to help.

I fully support people being able to choose their own password, and I have stated that already, obviously to the deaf ears of the previous readers and responders who choose to blindly shoot at anything they think they can hit everytime I speak. Try taking a step back and rather than trying to explode every word someone of authority speaks, make an effort to understand it just as we make an effort to try and understand you. We've been where you are and are only in our positions because we cared to try and make a difference only to be stonewalled half the time.
__________________
TSAdmin (Forum Moderator)
Welcome to the Official GraalOnline Forums! Where sharing an opinion may be seen as a declaration of war!
------------------------
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 Linux cyberjoueurs All Rights Reserved.