Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 01-09-2010, 03:17 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
  • File download: guigames_arcmessage2.png not found. Had a whole bunch of other "guigames" files not downloading too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
-Just a sidenote on this screenshot while it's up though, behind my "Movement chooser" GUI in the lower right, you'll notice that Era's displayed text for server alerts never disappears, just turns black. I'm figuring there's some support issues related to how Era displays it's messages specifically because it doesn't look to have any problem with showtext();
Possibly related: In Graal 6 the (custom) state GUI on Bomy Island sets the "A S D" text to black. If I close the start bar however, the problem fixes and the text is white again. [Before] [After]

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
These are both probably a result of using a different font rendering engine (same one Mac/Linux uses). Both of these things have been happening on Mac since I've been using it, and Stefan mentioned he was switching how fonts were rendered in the new version of Windows as well.
I wouldn't mind if they looked the same as what they have always looked like.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:20 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Is the body problem the typical bug where changing the color values of the gani makes them disappear until they move? Or are files missing or some such?
Files are not missing and it happens even when you setbody to a body that is affected by this bug. Moving doesn't do anything either. You're a floating head basically. Changing from a body that does display to a body that doesn't though, the part of the image displayed when you did setbody to an affected body to denote the direction you were facing sticks, so if I were facing left with body1.png, then setbody to an affected body, whether I move left, right, up down, pull, push, anything the body I was previously wearing is displayed stuck in the left position until I set my body to an unaffected file.

· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 01-09-2010, 03:22 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
  • File download: guigames_arcmessage2.png not found. Had a whole bunch of other "guigames" files not downloading too.
Delete your FILENAMECACHE.txt.

Quote:
I wouldn't mind if they looked the same as what they have always looked like.
It's a complete new rendering engine, it's now using the same font rendering as on Mac and Linux (which has also been changed slightly) so it can't possibly look exaclty the same.
Old 01-09-2010, 03:24 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Delete your FILENAMECACHE.txt.

It's a complete new rendering engine, it's now using the same font rendering as on Mac and Linux (which has also been changed slightly) so it can't possibly look exaclty the same.
But can't you make it display in bold like the older versions?
Old 01-09-2010, 03:28 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Files are not missing and it happens even when you setbody to a body that is affected by this bug. Moving doesn't do anything either. You're a floating head basically. Changing from a body that does display to a body that doesn't though, the part of the image displayed when you did setbody to an affected body to denote the direction you were facing sticks, so if I were facing left with body1.png, then setbody to an affected body, whether I move left, right, up down, pull, push, anything the body I was previously wearing is displayed stuck in the left position until I set my body to an unaffected file.

This (or a similar thing) happens on the Mac client as well, for example with "era_tachi-newsuit1.png" (attached) on Era.
Name:  Screen shot 2010-01-08 at 8.28.09 PM.png
Views: 996
Size:  8.8 KB
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	era_tachi-newsuit1.png
Views:	849
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	50198  
Old 01-09-2010, 03:35 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Aren't double clicks selecting a single list entry anyway?
Currently, on native windows you can hold shift on a textlist and select many things and double click when you're done to open a mass message, so onDblClick() should also work with multiple selections.

Edit: I see what you mean though, when DblClick is invoked with multiple selections, just make it send the last entry the player clicked.

Quote:
You mean when you change the text of an entry?
Yes, or an entry is added/removed.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 01-09-2010, 03:48 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

This is not the bug in action, but on Kingdoms when you hold down left, right and down, it is almost identical to the bug.
-Okay, I am not entirely sure what causes this one specifically but after the client's been running for some time, I've noticed that switching from one window to another then back to the Game client seems to give slow movement feedback to the client to respond.
For example, once the bug kicks in, I cant move diagonally (Doesn't allow two buttons at once to be pressed, the new button cancels the first), and when I do move the feeling is as if it is moving 1 tile every 0.05 seconds with a sharp pause giving instead of a solid __________ feel like you see in my video, it gives a ---------- feel with cuts in the movement, jolts if you will.

If you get "An error occurred. Please try again later. it may not be "Live" just yet.
Okay, I managed to replicate the glitch by using multiple "ALT + KEY" combinations and sometimes holding them both down (Not sure if it's just ALT + Key, or if it's just any two keys held down too long).

Notice how the first set of seconds its like I'm moving, stopping, moving, stopping like the -------- explanation I used earlier, then the last few (After pausing video, closing and reopening a new instance of Graal) I am moving smoothly like ____________
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 01-09-2010, 04:20 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Playerlist:
  • When a member of staff sends out a mass message on tag, their PM bubble is just blue like a regular mass. Only the bubble that is on the top of the playerlist tab displays red.
  • When a player or member of staff sends a message/guild message, their heads are hidden when the bubble 'animation' is playing. Shouldn't their heads show when the PM bubble isn't flashing, instead of it just being blank?
  • Players who you select to PM go to the top of the list of players and it doesn't seem right.
  • There is a pretty large delay (a good 30 seconds) in the playerlist displaying guild tags once set. This also applies for moving the person into the guild tab, and for those who are unsetting their tags.
  • People who have removed their guild tags still remain in the guild list.
Profiles:
  • Profile labels are being cut because of the input boxes.
  • The "Favorite Quote" part of the profile isn't wrapping.
Other:
  • I have to be unpaused to open the Options window using F3.
  • F5 still brings up the Load Level window, but is this still used?
Old 01-09-2010, 04:22 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
[*]F5 still brings up the Load Level window, but is this still used?
Something like this should only open for Staff imo.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:25 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
  • When a member of staff sends out a mass message on tag, their PM bubble is just blue like a regular mass. Only the bubble that is on the top of the playerlist tab displays red.
Is this really a bad thing?
Old 01-09-2010, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Is this really a bad thing?
Yes? It's inconsistent with the tab icon that is shown, staff messages have been red since I can remember, and they serve as a distinction between an admin message and a regular mass.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:29 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Yes? It's inconsistent with the tab icon that is shown, staff messages have been red since I can remember, and they serve as a distinction between an admin message and a regular mass.
Yea, I agree. I pointed this out in the last beta as well.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:30 AM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
Quote:
Nor do I. That said, all bugs I report have occurred on Windows 7. Here are some things I do notice-

Click for larger image
-Some heads and bodies (Only seems to be on Classic servers, had no problems on Zone or GK) are not displaying at all. The heads aren't always a problem, but there are still some that don't show up. A lot of bodies don't show up at all though.
that totally happens on linux(none beta) client too.
it seems to only happen with the default body system...
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 01-09-2010, 04:33 AM
  • Nicknames that are enlarged through script become quite blurred. [Example]
Old 01-09-2010, 04:47 AM
the fake one
Quote:
For private messages, sure, but the fact that it's under the "Staff" heading seems a fair enough indication to me that's it's from a staff member .

It's annoying when on Windows because there's no way of distinguishing between a mass message and a personal message.

Tags
graal v6, windows