Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Graphic Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2011, 01:41 AM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
Zelda Project

here ill add some pics from time to time from my project i have started. it is about making a tileset from zelda. usually this tiles are very smal (i think like the old zelda there was used to be on gameboy) but i thought its funny.
its not done yet and im still adding stuff. maybe you guys could send some feedback

Old 01-15-2011, 01:45 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
That was the first thing Graal ripped off, I think if you searched 'pics0.png' it would bring it up but yeah this has already been done.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:49 AM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
jea while i made it (to make it faster i took tiles from internet and kind of reedited some stuff) i also realized how much graal took. even the sword hitting, baddies and so on. but than i thought that it might be interesting looking all the stuff up, make as tileset and than look at the result how much graal really made and how much is ripped
Old 01-15-2011, 01:58 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by callimuc View Post
jea while i made it (to make it faster i took tiles from internet and kind of reedited some stuff) i also realized how much graal took. even the sword hitting, baddies and so on. but than i thought that it might be interesting looking all the stuff up, make as tileset and than look at the result how much graal really made and how much is ripped
Graal was named Zelda Online at first, if you didn't know.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 01-15-2011, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Graal was named Zelda Online at first, if you didn't know.
i didnt know that it was called zelda online but i knew that they had a name including zelda xP

but like i said i just wanted to make such a tileset from the original zelda cause i thought it was kind of interesting how much was just a copy (since i play graal for 1 year and a lot of stuff changed i just realized it now xP)
Old 01-15-2011, 02:18 AM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
OMG I love those colors so much! they are so awesome and doesn't make you sick like the colors used on most graal tiles do.

Btw the red house on top of a tree and at the same time being on the ground makes no sense, same with a small blue house on top of a bigger one.

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:23 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
(i think like the old zelda there was used to be on gameboy)
Nah, it was on the SNES, it's just that TVs used to have really low DPIs so stuff looked a lot bigger.

Also, there is already a direct rip of the LTTP tileset into Graal pics1 format (called pics0.png?).

I think Dusty was also doing a high-res version of it, but I'm not sure if that was ever put into tileset form or not.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
OMG I love those colors so much! they are so awesome and doesn't make you sick like the colors used on most graal tiles do.

Btw the red house on top of a tree and at the same time being on the ground makes no sense, same with a small blue house on top of a bigger one.
they where just placed to check the tiles what i should fix/add/redo. and with tree: usually it was supposed to be that the tree is kind of behind the house.... idk what i did

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
Also, there is already a direct rip of the LTTP tileset into Graal pics1 format (called pics0.png?).

I think Dusty was also doing a high-res version of it, but I'm not sure if that was ever put into tileset form or not.
i┤ve looked up on my laptop for pics0.png but couldn┤t find it. is it somewhere in the forums, on a server or maybe can you post it so i can take a look at it? would be very nice
Old 01-15-2011, 02:58 AM
Chaotic
gwFCCtennis is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to gwFCCtennis
Quote:
i┤ve looked up on my laptop for pics0.png byou post it so i can takeut couldn┤t find it. is it somewhere in the forums, on a server or maybe can a look at it? would be very nice
Here ya go. Right click and save it, you cant really see the tiles on the forums as it appears tiny.
Click image for larger version

Name:	pics0.png
Views:	399
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	52236
Old 01-15-2011, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwFCCtennis View Post
Here ya go. Right click and save it, you cant really see the tiles on the forums as it appears tiny.
Attachment 52236
jea thx i could use that as a xxl icon
but do you have the original size? what i could have seen so far was that the church is somehow different, the trees and this red house....
Old 01-15-2011, 04:03 AM
Chaotic
gwFCCtennis is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to gwFCCtennis
My bad. Left click it, right click on the enlarged image, save it. Just checked its normal size.
Click image for larger version

Name:	pics0.png
Views:	406
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	52237
Old 01-15-2011, 04:07 AM
Xelt
King homer daStupid is a jewel in the roughKing homer daStupid is a jewel in the rough
Here's the tileset with the original trees:

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...1&d=1015114969
Old 01-15-2011, 05:57 PM
wow thats really... almost the same. is everyone allowed to use it? so than i┤d go on doing the stuff in original size
Old 01-15-2011, 06:05 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Not on graal on a server if you make an offline non-profit project, then go ahead

Old 01-15-2011, 06:11 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
You obviously do not realize where you're going with this project on a graal server: nowhere.
Just like Elk said, it is not possible to make this on graal. People attempted such project before, but using such tiles is purely suicide, unless you want Stefan to go mad at you.

If you make major edits to the tileset and still keep the zelda feel to it, then maybe.