Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2002, 09:56 AM
Zxion is on a distinguished road
Angry Stefan: NPC Server Crashing

I know there has been many posts before mine about this topic but I just have a suggestion of what to do with the situation.

The NPC Server crashed twice today, it hasn't crashed in quite sometime before now. I am just wondering, we players pay for access to Graal Kingdoms and there is a possibility that the NPC Server will crash like it did twice today and our accounts still count down the hours from our account. I think that we should be rembursed the number of hours/minutes it took for the NPC server to go back up because that is just our money being wasted if you really look at it. And I know that everything can't be fixed in two seconds its just that we want to play the game but we can't because the server is down. My suggestion is that with all the money that we pay to play Kingdoms that there should be at least two NPC Servers on there, one acts as a backup for when the other one crashes. Or at least something happen, because it makes me disappointed when I pay for something that i can't use when I want to sometimes.
Old 12-09-2002, 10:48 AM
Elven Pride
aylad is on a distinguished road
Um..... you don't pay for Graal Kingdoms. You pay for ALL the servers. Go play Bomy Moon or something.

Don't ask more than once, k?

GK Guides
Old 12-09-2002, 11:03 AM
Graunch Programmer
Geovanie Legend is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Geovanie Legend Send a message via AIM to Geovanie Legend Send a message via MSN to Geovanie Legend Send a message via Yahoo to Geovanie Legend
I pay for Kingdoms cause I don't like Bomy Moon, and it does bother me that the npc's server crashes so much.. it does make me feel like i'm wasting money.

However I also know that Stefan is human and he can not sit there 24/7 staring at it to make sure nothing goes wrong, he has a life to.

Just be patient with him, and who knows maybe he will consider what you said about stoping our hourly countdown during crashes and downtime.
Old 12-09-2002, 11:05 AM
Banned
Python523 is on a distinguished road
Re: Stefan: NPC Server Crashing

Quote:
Originally posted by Zxion
I know there has been many posts before mine about this topic but I just have a suggestion of what to do with the situation.

The NPC Server crashed twice today, it hasn't crashed in quite sometime before now. I am just wondering, we players pay for access to Graal Kingdoms and there is a possibility that the NPC Server will crash like it did twice today and our accounts still count down the hours from our account. I think that we should be rembursed the number of hours/minutes it took for the NPC server to go back up because that is just our money being wasted if you really look at it. And I know that everything can't be fixed in two seconds its just that we want to play the game but we can't because the server is down. My suggestion is that with all the money that we pay to play Kingdoms that there should be at least two NPC Servers on there, one acts as a backup for when the other one crashes. Or at least something happen, because it makes me disappointed when I pay for something that i can't use when I want to sometimes.
no, you are not just paying for kingdoms, you are paying for every server on the list, I think the npc server is crashing from people binding a skill like pray to a key, and idling with a weight on it, which could make the npc server crash if enough people do it (an action would be sent to the server 20 times per second)
sorry if a sound mean but its not that hard on ya to loose a few hours x-x
Old 12-09-2002, 11:06 AM
Gone
zell12 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
How many times must this be said. IT IS STILL IN TESTING PHASE
Old 12-09-2002, 11:10 AM
Graunch Programmer
Send a message via ICQ to Geovanie Legend Send a message via AIM to Geovanie Legend Send a message via MSN to Geovanie Legend Send a message via Yahoo to Geovanie Legend
I realize it is still in testing, did you see me complaining? Nope.. i simply stated that yes it does bother me, but it is to be expected cause nothing is perfect.

If everything was perfect then we wouldn't even be talking on here cause we wouldn't need computers or games
Old 12-09-2002, 11:13 AM
Gone
Send a message via ICQ to zell12 Send a message via AIM to zell12 Send a message via MSN to zell12
I was directing it to the retard that posted about refunding their money.
Old 12-09-2002, 12:08 PM
Zxion is on a distinguished road
Umm... I don't recall it ever saying Graal Kingdoms (Beta)... It did at one time say Graal 2002 Alpha but it doesn't anymore. I never said that we only pay for Kingdoms, but we do pay for it don't we? And we don't pay for every server on the list, only two of them. (Kingdoms and Bomy Moon) Also the point of testing something is to point out stuff thats wrong with it, so what did I do? I POINTED OUT SOMETHING THATS WRONG WITH IT. I shouldn't get flamed for posting my own opinon of what should be done, let alone have someone try to insult my intelligence. I also stated that everything can't be done in two seconds, I know Stefan can't fix it all the time.
Old 12-09-2002, 12:23 PM
*TUCH U SO HARD*
LOA--Paul will become famous soon enough
Yes, some sort of backup or somethng thats possible should be in place like you said, to prevent something like this one, its STILL down... been hours...
Old 12-09-2002, 12:35 PM
Graunch Programmer
Put it this way, it's been down for a few hours and will remain that way, It's 10:30pm where I live and by my time Stefan won't be on till around 10am to 3pm tomorrow.
Old 12-09-2002, 02:11 PM
Dead
Locke_boy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Locke_boy Send a message via AIM to Locke_boy
12:12 AM now, and as I remember, it went down around 9:30 PM yesterday, maybe earlier. :o
Old 12-09-2002, 08:50 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
First of all,
Quote:
LINUX Cyberjoueurs does not warrant or guarantee that the Graal Services and Information and the functions or services performed by the administration team will be uninterrupted or error-free.
, directly from the License Agreement.

Also, what do you think a second NPC Server would fix? If the first one "crashed" (also: it does not crash. It just disconnects itself not to waste resources when there are silly NPCs), what should prevent the backup server from crashing too? They need to use the same database after all.
Old 12-09-2002, 10:01 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
The alchemy thing is still causing problems. A problem was that my ISP (#1 ISP in France ) was down so I had no way to fix or even see the thing, sorry for that, we are working on fixing the things,
and will upload new things for events and the starting island quests.
Old 12-09-2002, 10:17 PM
Graalian since 1998
osrs is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to osrs Send a message via AIM to osrs Send a message via MSN to osrs Send a message via Yahoo to osrs Send a message via Skype™ to osrs
Stefan,i dont know what happened,but after you fixed the NPC Server on Gaia,30% of the scripts back empty.
I already fixed everything because I have a backup of the scripts...but,I would like to know why that happened..

PS:None did it,I've checked the logs.

Last edited by osrs; 12-09-2002 at 10:30 PM..
Old 12-09-2002, 11:54 PM
Gone
You know, /savenpcs rox.