Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 07:54 PM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
The future of Graal Kingdoms

Ok, like the title says, the future of Graal Kingdoms.

What would YOU want to see on GK changed or improved?

Please only post with serious ideas. Trolling/spam will be removed instantly.

We will try to consider everyones idea/suggestion and make GK enjoyable for everyone once again.

(Most of you will say "make gk classic", thats already requested, no need to post this here now. keep it development based)

Thank you.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 02-23-2013, 08:13 PM
professional troll
pig132 will become famous soon enough
Hire developers, reset the server, and get a new manager. This post im sure will be deleted
Old 02-23-2013, 09:05 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Better questing experience. Like a real storyline, rather then the MMT questing... Did the MMT questing change? Because now it's way less annoying when you bump into it, but im not sure how I feel on presentation of it.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:06 PM
Kingdoms Management
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
Better questing experience. Like a real storyline, rather then the MMT questing... Did the MMT questing change? Because now it's way less annoying when you bump into it, but im not sure how I feel on presentation of it.
Yes Ziro made a new GUI for it. It is really nice.
Also, quests are a nice idea. Might work on that after our current list of updates

-Nico
(GK Management)

Stefan logged on.

Old 02-23-2013, 09:07 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Make it less grindy.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:09 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Make it less grindy.
That too, but how-so? Other then moving focus off of leveling, and collecting items?
Old 02-23-2013, 09:11 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
A good step would be not punishing players for quitting (and therefore making them less likely to return) by stopping houses from collapsing. Additionally, making it attractive for old players to come back (e.g. if you could get their items from their collapsed houses, which I think might be possible) would be a good idea.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:19 PM
Kingdoms Management
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
A good step would be not punishing players for quitting (and therefore making them less likely to return) by stopping houses from collapsing. Additionally, making it attractive for old players to come back (e.g. if you could get their items from their collapsed houses, which I think might be possible) would be a good idea.
It should be possible to recover these items I think.
Houses with 100 % need 100 days to collapse. Thats already pretty slow. So I think they are fine. Or you want them collapsing even slower? Dont know if collapsing not at all is a good idea though

-Nico
(GK Management)

Stefan logged on.

Old 02-23-2013, 09:23 PM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
Houses with 100 % need 100 days to collapse. Thats already pretty slow. So I think they are fine. Or you want them collapsing even slower? Dont know if collapsing not at all is a good idea though
Just make it when they collapse, a few building materials plus there item's drop on he ground (only they can pick up maybe?) and it should be good.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:27 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
How do you make an RPG less grindy? Genuinely curious to hearing how people would approach this.

Personally I want to see more crafting. Something like end-game dungeons where you could randomly stumble upon scrolls that unlock new crafting recipes. I remember talking to Stephen about this a long time ago. The chances of finding these new recipes would be pretty low. I'm not sure whether or not the recipes would unlock for just one player or if it would be server wide. Perhaps you could have both types of recipes?

Something along the lines of killing some dungeon boss and he drops a recipe of Bob's big ass helmet. If it was a server wide recipe the npc-server would notify everyone that someone just unlocked a new recipe and people would all gather in the crafting area and check it out.

I'd also like a way to equip an item but show a different item's graphic over it. Similar to the old glitching that was fixed years ago. Would be neat if it was a consumable item you used to alter an item's image. If the mechanic would force you to own both items (combining them maybe?) it'd be very interesting. It would also solve the problem that the glitching had with people wearing items they didn't own. This could bring back value to some older items without having to buff their stats.
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:51 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
The goal is to bring back old players. To do that, you want to make it as attractive to them as possible. Letting them have their items back is a good first step.

If players knew that they could log in today and get back all the items they've lost in fallen houses, a lot of them would get on just to play around and for nostalgia's sake. Hopefully they'd get hooked and come back.

I'm not saying this would fix GK, but it would help. It's also important, for example, to make the server attractive to new players. The old playerbase is just an easy market to target.

What arguments are there against it? Sure, it would mess with the economy for a while, but if it brought back some players, I think it would be well worth it. Most people don't play GK for the economy; you can fix that later once you've got some players back.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:48 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
but im not sure how I feel on presentation of it.
I made the new GUI for it, but unfortunately, Tig/Nico decided to not upload the actual skin I made it with, so it looks pretty bad to be honest.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 02-23-2013, 11:12 PM
DripZ has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to DripZ
Make crafting actually useful.. Those items you have right now aren't even used.. For example the gold chainmail, those silver coloured boots these are just examples there's more.. Only thing people make are lucky boots and glok belt.. Make mining useful or I should say add ores you can use so in the future you may possibly use the new ores to alchemy something neat. There's also only a limited way to gain items, Ec or spend hours with plat finding a row and finally events. Though as a beginner only doing events is an option..
Old 02-23-2013, 11:12 PM
Kingdoms Management
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
I made the new GUI for it, but unfortunately, Tig/Nico decided to not upload the actual skin I made it with, so it looks pretty bad to be honest.
Would also like to see the new skin though.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Stefan logged on.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:16 PM
Kingdoms Management
Quote:
Originally Posted by DripZ View Post
Make crafting actually useful.. Those items you have right now aren't even used.. For example the gold chainmail, those silver coloured boots these are just examples there's more.. Only thing people make are lucky boots and glok belt.. Make mining useful or I should say add ores you can use so in the future you may possibly use the new ores to alchemy something neat..
We will revamp alot of item stats, might fix those kind of items aswell. Making the jobs like mining/fishing/farming more usefull again too.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Stefan logged on.