Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-03-2011, 11:16 PM
Social Worker
water95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Graal Numbers.

Why do we have to be know as Graal######? It's the most annoying thing in the world. When I bought this game I expected to be able to express my self with my own account name. Though you have the chance to create a community name it's not the same thing. For most things, like when you get hired to a job etc you don't even go by your community name, its you stupid graal number.

Change this please....
Old 11-03-2011, 11:24 PM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
That's what community/nicknames names are for though... When I go up and talk to a person I don't address them via there account name, instead I usually use there nickname. I really don't think you have much of an argument here...
Old 11-03-2011, 11:25 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
The problem is that scripters need to change all existing scripts on each server to never show the account name and only show community name. It's been years since this change was made, so there's really no excuse for them taking this long except that the scripting support for community names still sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricxta View Post
That's what community/nicknames names are for though... When I go up and talk to a person I don't address them via there account name, instead I usually use there nickname. I really don't think you have much of an argument here...
As long as a server is displaying his Graal#, he has an argument. There's no excuse for ever displaying that to anybody but staff.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:29 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
While I realize the Graal###### account names aren't the most descriptive thing in the world, the idea of using them was based on a sound plan. You are able to set your community name an in some cases you can have them reset if you so choose. Although it does result in you having to reapply for global guilds.

On the flip side of the coin there are those players that have named accounts that are just as annoyed with the fact that they cannot change their community names. Many of them have played for so many years that they are slightly embarrassed by the names they chose back when they were 12 years old.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:33 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
While I realize the Graal###### account names aren't the most descriptive thing in the world, the idea of using them was based on a sound plan. You are able to set your community name an in some cases you can have them reset if you so choose. Although it does result in you having to reapply for global guilds.
The logic behind them is great. Having an identifier for an account which never changes is the same concept used by almost every user management scheme, including the one employed by these forums. The only problems are that Stefan has not added good scripting support after numerous requests, and that server staff have not adapted existing systems for community names.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:22 AM
evilchaseofdoom will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post

On the flip side of the coin there are those players that have named accounts that are just as annoyed with the fact that they cannot change their community names. Many of them have played for so many years that they are slightly embarrassed by the names they chose back when they were 8 years old.
Ahem.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:01 AM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
lol. well, you were SUPPOSED to be 12 when you started playing Graal. Not my fault some of you were cheaters.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:59 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
I feel kind of sorry for those who have ID numbers included in their community names, honestly.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Lemmy Koopa (Koopalings)
EclipsedAngel has a spectacular aura about
Community names are useless and only serve as a visual identification, other than that, you can't use them to do anything and you have to refer to their graal number to do anything to their account as staff or anything. Graal##### also is completely unmemorable compared to an account name, which is annoying if you need to do anything to their account as staff, because you have to keep looking at their account
Old 11-04-2011, 05:24 PM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
I removed all of the Graal###### accounts from my buddy list because I don't know who the hell they are most of the time.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:23 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
RC stuff is working with community names.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:45 PM
retired graal veteran
k_killar is infamous around these parts
Send a message via AIM to k_killar
lol u guys mad u have graal#####

haha noobz
Old 11-05-2011, 06:15 AM
Social Worker
water95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_killar View Post
lol u guys mad u have graal#####

haha noobz
Even if I didn't have one it's annoying as hell. You can't tell anybody apart. Their like freaking prison id's.
And when you own a business it's impossible to tell them apart when theirs lists of them going up and down the :Viewmembers sheet.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:43 PM
fcmrcy
FaLLChiLD has a spectacular aura aboutFaLLChiLD has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to FaLLChiLD
Hoo-rah for pre-Graal##### sign-up!

I agree it's a little tacky. People like to feel like people, not a number.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:46 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
RC stuff is working with community names.
It doesn´t for me (at least like looking at the rights, ...). When I use like /openrights callimuc it won´t show my rights. It just works randomly.