Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Graphic Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2010, 05:51 AM
!
MagikMasterMind will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to MagikMasterMind
I'd see this working with ratings. You fight players of your own rating or if you wait too long to have a match, you can fight someone challenging you.

You should also be able to select your kind of game (lightning, Regular, sudden death etc.)

E.g
I'd see a stat board for every game type

you start with a rate of 1600
you win - depending on the oponent's rating your rating grows. If you play a 1800, you will grow more than if you played a 1625 in other words.

You lose - according to your opponent's rating, you either lose a bit or a lot.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:58 AM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
Meh. I say there are booster packs. Of course lets say "Era m4a1" gives you +700 attack and returns to your hand if it is destroyed (dumb card name), that would be a common.

On the other hand, a strong, two sacrafice card, lets call him blue eyes white dragoon, would come out of packs in a 5% chance. You can get 7 cards per pack, and you can gain these points to buy cards or trade with other players for their cards by winning events or lets say "Congratulations, you've reached 500 rating. Heres 500 points." and 500 points can buy four packs. Then, you have 20 different pack choices where the prestige packs are 500 points a pack.. or the "rare" packs, where Events Masters can host off.

I don't know, theres a lot of good ideas that can come from this. An economy must be had, there can't be something like "if you have 2k rating you can use this card" or obviously there will be boosters trying to level there accounts on noobs. It has to be reasonable.

Old 09-28-2010, 06:22 AM
!
MagikMasterMind will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to MagikMasterMind
By rating I was more thinking about a competition over a "i haz 2k pts n use dis card"

would need moderation to prevent double logging/ free rate given.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:51 AM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
that's dumb imo, i don't want ranking meaning who is best. i'd be bored by that server in a month, if i had a deck named "unholy beasts" with the best cards in the game in it, and then i could TRADE that deck to people for everything they own, money, and cards.. that'd be incredibly fun.

and without a doubt you'd start w/ atleast 100 cards so not everyone chooses the same starter deck.

Old 12-02-2013, 11:40 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Blizzard made this and now they're going to make billions of dollars. Shoulda listened guys.

Telling you now the NEXT big thing is gonna be 2.5d FP2 MMORPGs, get on it.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:58 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
They had a huge following that's the only reason it worked.
Old 12-25-2013, 03:59 AM
The_Federov's dad
Xloria is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
Collecting them would invariably be part of the challenge, but the focus would be on battling against other people and building battle decks with different strategies and tactics.
Some of the rarer cards could be available only through mini-games (had an idea for a mini-game sort of like Memory) or raffles, etc. And there could still be quests, although they would probably just be puzzle based.
Me likey. You could like stake up a card in the battle too? and maybe even have a grandpa that you need to go to who owns a card shop and than that one kid throws your cards off the boat uhhrg

no but really I like the idea, and I believe it could work, but than I ask myself what could possibly be a new core server to Graal? it seems no matter how hard you try, most of the player base will refuse new servers.

I know this is old but if anyone is still lookin at bringing this up... I approve.

"The Beauty isn't in climbing the mountain, it's about the view once you're at the top."
Old 12-25-2013, 05:56 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
The "Card Game" genre is very popular on mobile, especially in Japan. I personally have very little appreciation for these sort of card games and collecting them - I assumed when Pokemon cards were popular it was just a trend.

How many here actually enjoy it? If you do, can you say why? I've never understood.
Old 12-25-2013, 07:29 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
How many here actually enjoy it? If you do, can you say why? I've never understood.
I like stomping tryhards with troll builds, but it's semi-pay2win and luck based. Some will argue that it's skill, but really it isn't.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:49 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I like stomping tryhards with troll builds, but it's semi-pay2win and luck based. Some will argue that it's skill, but really it isn't.
It seems like what you enjoy in it is probably far from the normal player, although I do appreciate your insight. Can anyone offer some more insight?
Old 12-28-2013, 05:16 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
It seems like what you enjoy in it is probably far from the normal player, although I do appreciate your insight. Can anyone offer some more insight?
No, that's pretty much the normal player. Win? "Lol I troll you so hard, get owned." Lose? "Its not like it took skill, you got lucky and had p2w cards!"

Its a collectible, competitive card game in an already popular universe by a company that makes hit after hit. It's not exactly a niche game.