Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone > Information
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-16-2007, 02:08 AM
hi
someonesomewhere is on a distinguished road
Spotting Hackers.

There's a difference between glitching and hacking. Glitchers abuse bugs in the game, hackers use a third party program in order to exploit the game.

I'm making this thread in the hopes it will make our less informed players more savvy about what to do when they see someone hacking, and to know when someone is hacking.

If a mod would be as kind as to sticky this, that'd be nice. Or, if a mod would find this thread unecessary, then by all means delete it.

Spotting Hackers

The screenshot I have attached is a photo of someone wall hacking that I took recently. When a person wall hacks, he/she ignores whatever type of tile they walk on and can walk over any obstacles. Most of the time, it is fairly obvious to spot someone when they are doing this.
Note: In the screenshot, you'll notice that's he just walking off of the cliff. A better screenshot would've been of him still mostly on it, though I had a couple of distractions as you can see :P

Another type of hacking that is relatively common on Zone is "Speed hacking". Generally, you might notice a player moving a lot faster or maybe just a little faster than anyone can. If so, make sure that the mentioned player isn't just lagging.

The above two are the most common ones I have seen on Zone. If anyone has another to report that they've seen, please PM ME on the forums.

Going About Reporting Hackers

Unfortunately, many people have tried to send in doctored screen shots of people they don't like to get them banned, so screenshots do not help much. However, if you see any ETs on, get one of them to go to the hacker and report the hacker himself. However, if no ETs are on, try to get a couple of people to get pictures of the hacker and send in screenshots via the support center.

List of Staff.

Dante (Administrator)
jkool666 (Events Administrator)
IXIs_Last_Stand
pooper200000
Nataxo
Tenchry_P2P
JOK3RZLEADER
bahamutstevetff
bhavin

Report hackers to them.

Frapping, or any other sort of screen capture program (perferably one with at least mediocre quality) helps to report people.

Miscellaneous

* Never report hackers on the forums. Always use the support center, or you'll have your thread and/or post deleted.
* Using screen capture programs such as Fraps offer more proof than just a screen shot. Using one of them to report a hacker is more useful.
* NEVER hack to prevent hacking. The ends do not justify the means here.

If you use hacks at all, I do not care where, you will be locked immediately, no exceptions.

I'm requesting that this thread be closed in a few days. Thank you.

Last edited by pooper200000; 11-10-2008 at 04:04 AM.. Reason: Updated.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:53 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Also if I'm not on player simply forum PM me or just email [email protected]
Old 01-17-2007, 05:17 AM
hi
Hey guys! Lots of people have been wall hacking lately, keep an eye out for them. :]
Old 01-17-2007, 06:18 AM
hi
There's another hack that I've seen lately... the player completely ignores any delays that he/she should have when firing, realoding, getting shot, etc. Not wall hacking, just ignoring the delays. This is very different from people who lag, but don't get the two confused...

For instance, there was one person I saw who had to reload with apps but moved smoothly while reloading, so I knew he wasn't lagging. He also didn't stop moving when being hit or firing.

Last edited by Darlene159; 01-18-2007 at 02:23 AM..
Old 01-17-2007, 02:29 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
People need to be educated on what hacks are, what trainers are, when someone is glitching/bugging/etc, and when one is simply lagging.

I'll admit I'm not expert but what really pisses me off is when people randomly shout "HES HAKING OMG HES USING HAKEZ".

If you contact me with nothing more than "someonesomewhere is hacking omg plz halp crno" I'll simply ignore you. You need to be specific. Also note that I personally don't tolerate glitch/bug abuse so please report those to me as well.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:08 AM
hi
TO MAKE THIS PERFECTLY CLEAR TO ALL OF YOU:

Do not post here AT ALL unless you are an ET or some other Zone staff member. This means that Huwajux, Crono, Jesse, Vulcan, Gambet, and Stefan should be the only ones to post here.

Take everything to pms if you are not doing anything constructive.

Last edited by Darlene159; 01-18-2007 at 02:22 AM.. Reason: You do not need to insult people.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:36 PM
Ex-Zone God ;)
jkool666 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to jkool666 Send a message via Yahoo to jkool666
If anyone has hackers to report, and you complain that Vulcan and Stefan are not responding to your support tickets/PM's, feel free to PM me but please remember, I need to view these hackers with my own eyes unless you have recorded it on Video.
But please keep in mind, as of now I can only warp them to Dropships so don't expect them to be banned.

To email me videos send them to: [email protected]

Last edited by jkool666; 01-30-2007 at 11:51 PM.. Reason: Ugg... I don't want John ruining this thread even more...
Old 02-01-2007, 02:36 AM
hi
Notice: Some of you may see a person shooting a burst of ice cannon shots (about 6) while walking through slime. This is neither a hack nor a glitch. There is nothing wrong with doing it.

However, if you see a player shoot more than 5-7 shots at once, it'd be in your best interest to report the person, because there is a possibility of the person modifying their energy.

As Darlene made it fairly clear to me, I'm not a staff member, don't report people to me. :P

Last edited by someonesomewhere; 02-01-2007 at 02:44 AM.. Reason: i'm a grammar nazi to myself
Old 02-03-2007, 10:13 PM
hi
Uh. I'm an ET member now, so you can report people to me... :P
Old 02-05-2007, 04:14 AM
hi
Stealing Crono's idea here, when you report someone, don't just say "hey there's a hacker"

State the following (if possible):
1. The nick/account of the hacker.
2. What planet and where he/she currently is.
3. How the person is hacking.

Thanks.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:03 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
I will accept proof but knowing how screenshots can be falsified I will also need a witness/witnesses report as well.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:47 AM
Kds Xanadu
Dante55555 is an unknown quantity at this point
If anyone needs me, use my MSN: "[email protected]" I won't lock/report them without VIDEO proof, or i see it myself though.
Closed Thread