Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone > Zone PC
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-17-2011, 12:10 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
I'd like to see the end product of this 'change' especially since the Gelat shop is going to be removed, that was a foolish decision.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:20 PM
Coder
Programmer has a spectacular aura aboutProgrammer has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Programmer Send a message via MSN to Programmer Send a message via Yahoo to Programmer
I just recently spoke with Stefan, and from what both me and Tenchry understand, Zone PC is very likely to be shut down or merged with iEra (meaning Zone will become just a minigame within Era), despite updates that I may add. That means any work that I do is likely to be deleted. With this in mind, I am not sure whether I should continue with the restoration of Zone.

Apparently to Stefan, Zone is a lost cause and is slated for removal x.x
Old 10-18-2011, 07:29 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Programmer View Post
I just recently spoke with Stefan, and from what both me and Tenchry understand, Zone PC is very likely to be shut down or merged with iEra (meaning Zone will become just a minigame within Era), despite updates that I may add. That means any work that I do is likely to be deleted. With this in mind, I am not sure whether I should continue with the restoration of Zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The Zone iPhone server is planned to be released sometime later this year or early next year. It will support a bigger drop ship / sky world. It's also planned to replace the PC server so that PC players can play against iPhone or Facebook players. Basicly the first iPhone server (with a mission as introduction) and the current PC Zone server will somehow be merged, streamlined and get a place to hangout.
I guess plans should be taken as a pinch of salt, which on the plus side means it could change again.

From personal experience, if you know you're going to have enough time to remain dedicated to the project for the foreseeable future, and you're confident you can develop and implement your ideas, it could be worthwhile to persevere with it. Servers largely overseen by Graal's management aren't going to have the luxury of the long time required to build the "perfect server", and are always going to be sticking to this comfort zone where it's possible to make enough money on a weekly basis without doing anything too complex.

To put it simply, if you have the ambition and can prove your ability to match this ambition, I don't think your work will be scrapped. The worry really would be the issue of short term vs long term where you may have to sacrifice one for the benefit of the other.

Last edited by ffcmike; 10-18-2011 at 08:08 AM..
Old 10-18-2011, 07:34 PM
bahamutstevetff
ReptarKingOfTheOZone will become famous soon enough
Quote:

will not be great to see zone taken down, but what i dont get is this.

surely if stefan plans on shutting down pc zone, there would be no harm in him atleast trying the suggestions you put forward reguarding the gelat shop.
if it does work, then zone may come back and stefan will make money. if it dosent then theres no loss.

i really dont see the reasoning behing not even attempting changes to zones gelat shop when quite clearly, it ruins zone and is unused.

stefan should give you absolute control over everything to do with zone before he decides to remove it. i would think its in his best interest.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:46 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Very bad decision, not surprised though.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:06 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
The fate of Zone is now in snk's hands.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:13 AM
****in' Allstar
Feonix will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Feonix
From my understanding of what I just read in above posts, **** surprisingly just got a whole lot worse. Have to admit though, the time I had on Zone was by far my best Graal experience.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:03 AM
PieToria is on a distinguished road
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jp3K...el_video_title

ugh.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:24 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Stefan why not also allow PC the "zone minigame?" Only benefits you if you plan to have make one for Era Iphone. And considering you took everything PC Era has, how about returning the favor!
Old 10-24-2011, 09:19 AM
bahamutstevetff
ReptarKingOfTheOZone will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieToria View Post
that was so random xD

lol
Old 10-25-2011, 12:18 AM
PieToria is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptarKingOfTheOZone View Post
that was so random xD

lol

speaks the truth.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:19 AM
****in' Allstar
Feonix will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Feonix
Quote:
that jew be trollin'
Old 10-28-2011, 07:06 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, cool thread guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feonix View Post
that jew be trollin'
Hey Chris. Start paying attention in fantasy hockey.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:28 PM
The Forum Bandit
Shadow5596321 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Just no.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:44 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jp3K...el_video_title

Freaking rofl