Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-10-2015, 12:44 AM
ooger will become famous soon enough
Gun Stats

Why is there a need to 1-up the last gun that was released with a new gun? I really don't see the point of "balancing" if the next gun is just going to be better then you have to buff the other top tier guns to be comparable. The lower tier guns are getting left behind making a much higher skill floor for new players. I get that staff wants to keep pumping out new material, but where do the stats cap?
Old 03-10-2015, 02:25 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
So that players always feel like they have something to work towards and continue playing.
I don't agree that it's the smartest way to achieve that goal, especially because there is such a tight margin on the possible gun stats the way that the system is set up at the moment, but it's very quick and easy to just release a new gun every now and then.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:37 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Even better idea: release new guns slightly worse than the previous week and sell for more.
Old 03-11-2015, 03:41 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
Even better idea: release new guns slightly worse than the previous week and sell for more.
Make sure to also rig (npcserver) and the inventory to lie about the stats.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:02 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
Make sure to also rig (npcserver) and the inventory to lie about the stats.
Reminds me of when someone edited the gun class to make Mp5 Navy have a different (higher) default freeze than the variables in the weapon itself.
Old 03-11-2015, 03:45 PM
ooger will become famous soon enough
Lol Rogue let's be honest it's almost impossible to avoid a conflict of interest when changing gun stats.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:39 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Should just go back to Uzi, ak47, and shotgun.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:22 PM
Maloria Manager
bioboi has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
Should just go back to Uzi, ak47, and shotgun.
This, plus a reset would be amazing. My personal belief in where Era went downhill was when all the focus was shifted towards the economy. All the healing items and what not kinda make Era suck imo. I think if it went back to the Era of HGs, Uzis, Shotguns, AK47, then M4 and Famas as your next tier up, then just have Metal Storms as your god tier gun. I know its unrealistic to happen but I honestly think to much of the basic gameplay revolves around its overly complex economy.
Old 03-12-2015, 04:30 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by bioboi View Post
This, plus a reset would be amazing. My personal belief in where Era went downhill was when all the focus was shifted towards the economy. All the healing items and what not kinda make Era suck imo. I think if it went back to the Era of HGs, Uzis, Shotguns, AK47, then M4 and Famas as your next tier up, then just have Metal Storms as your god tier gun. I know its unrealistic to happen but I honestly think to much of the basic gameplay revolves around its overly complex economy.
Reset will never happen and doesn't really need to happen.

You could make guns obtainable just by getting kills, but then just don't make those specific weapons tradeable. e.g. 20 kills with any handgun lets you unlock either Taurus or MK23, then 50 kills with any handgun lets you unlock Desert Eagle or Beretta, then 200 kills lets you unlock Luger or K180s, and so on.
So players who don't want to take part in the economy can just PK and still progress.
People who want to do a bit of both can save up for a bit buy a Desert Eagle kill a few people, sell it, buy K180s, kill more people and eventually unlock FiveSevens through PKing.
And people who want to work can just work and buy whatever they want and sell them later.

At the moment we're halfway to this system because kills give money and gang kills actually give a lot of money, but that doesn't have the same feel of progression that something more visual and measurable like unlocking the guns would have.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:40 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Every time you equip a weapon it should transform into P4.
Old 03-12-2015, 04:45 PM
ilovegirlzz can only hope to improve
they should let me balance the weapons..i'd have this game on the road to salvation
Old 03-12-2015, 05:53 PM
a true gentlemen
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegirlzz View Post
they should let me balance the weapons..i'd have this game on the road to salvation
ha
Old 03-13-2015, 01:33 AM
Reddy548 is on a distinguished road
Weapons like Neo Rifle /MVP mk14 / and big snipers need dmg reduction , being bursted by 1 shot really makes new players with 100 hp easy to kill
Old 03-13-2015, 02:26 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, that's sort of silly, I keep seeing a few people burst 44-48 damage with some gun? That's kind of insane.
Old 03-13-2015, 04:27 AM
Kanto League Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddy548 View Post
Weapons like Neo Rifle /MVP mk14 / and big snipers need dmg reduction , being bursted by 1 shot really makes new players with 100 hp easy to kill
Those guns are pretty easy to avoid and have a freeze and timeout relative to their damage.
If they were actually OP you'd see more demands for them and more people using them.
Is it annoying getting hit by them? Sure. But I find it's just as annoying getting walled by MP5s and SG552s, etc.