Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2015, 06:39 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Spar Problem

Can we remove this elo system that was recently added? It's actually making people avoid the spar complex than encourage them to spar. I am finding it hard to get people to spar me now as they do not want to upset their elo rating.

Not to mention Rogue released the system unfinished. And why are they in #graals and not communitys?

Can we remove this system until more work is done on it or you come up with a better idea?
Old 01-03-2015, 06:45 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
Can we remove this elo system that was recently added? It's actually making people avoid the spar complex than encourage them to spar. I am finding it hard to get people to spar me now as they do not want to upset their elo rating.
It's just a number, it doesn't mean anything.
We might do other things with it later; I honestly haven't logged on in weeks though... the ranked spar would still be blocked off lol.
Old 01-03-2015, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
It's just a number, it doesn't mean anything.
We might do other things with it later; I honestly haven't logged on in weeks though... the ranked spar would still be blocked off lol.
Then remove it if it's so pointless? It means something to people when they refuse to spar me or lose once then run and keep checking /elo.

If you're going to do things with it later, that's great. I'd love to see updates on the spar complex but release it when it's finalized.
Old 01-04-2015, 03:36 AM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
It's funny how the ELO system was invented to rate chess players against eachother.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system
Old 01-04-2015, 03:41 AM
geneticfrog can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to geneticfrog Send a message via MSN to geneticfrog
I AM assumin you are telling people with higher rating then you to spar?

its the basic rating spar with sword on UN or classic, npulse and others.

some people get ego's about the rate and or want to get highest possible so they only face equal or better ratings.

also why they made rating spar rooms you need to reach a certain "ratinG" to enter so people can face the spare "rating" people in the threshold.

while others just dont care about a number and still get good ratin because they are skilled.
Old 01-04-2015, 05:54 AM
Zongui is on a distinguished road
some people just care too much. i just go out there and win or lose. lose most of the time tho.
Old 01-04-2015, 02:04 PM
oh yeah i forgot to mention theres a second rating as well combined with the current rating.its based on how many times you sparred that month since its reset every month. so you can tell if its a high rating person that never spars VS a constantly sparrin pro.

at the end of the month the #1 spar winner leader gest a hat ticket price (this is on UN).

same thing with event winner the #1 gets a prize so this encourages people to compete for the prizes.

since on UN hat ticket = create a 1 of a kind hat for yourself or to sell thats why they have so many hats lmao.

2 new hats per month minimum.
Old 01-04-2015, 03:06 PM
natchez416 will become famous soon enough
If you're having spar problems I feel bad for you son...
Old 01-04-2015, 03:08 PM
paintballdude956 will become famous soon enough
The idea behind this was simple and twofold.
1. Implement a new spar system so we could (soon) release an "MVP-shop" or even gang point shop for sparring. If we based it on the old ranking system, that gives a hugely unfair advantage to a lot of people (i.e. Wil).
2. Get away from people just brute-forcing wins to gain rank. The old ranking system was bias towards people who sat in the spar complex all day and sparred whatever newbie walked in. If you ask almost any PKer, they'll admit quite a few of the folks on the "top sparrers" of the old ranking system don't deserve to be there.
This system was meant to distinguish between beating random noob A and beating Wil Soul, which was not differentiated in the old system
Old 01-04-2015, 03:34 PM
Eclipse is a jewel in the roughEclipse is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse
soul is life
Old 01-04-2015, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballdude956 View Post
The idea behind this was simple and twofold.
1. Implement a new spar system so we could (soon) release an "MVP-shop" or even gang point shop for sparring. If we based it on the old ranking system, that gives a hugely unfair advantage to a lot of people (i.e. Wil).
2. Get away from people just brute-forcing wins to gain rank. The old ranking system was bias towards people who sat in the spar complex all day and sparred whatever newbie walked in. If you ask almost any PKer, they'll admit quite a few of the folks on the "top sparrers" of the old ranking system don't deserve to be there.
This system was meant to distinguish between beating random noob A and beating Wil Soul, which was not differentiated in the old system
I have to disagree and say that anybody in the top 10 all time sparrers deserve to be there. They put the time in, they earned the points they have every right to be there. They might not exactly be better than somebody who's not there but to say they don't deserve to be there is wrong.

However, i like the idea behind it but at the minute this elo rating is putting people off sparing than making them spar. Can we remove it until the system is completed?
Old 01-04-2015, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
I They put the time in, they earned the points they have every right to be there.

Sad so sad even after he just told you people were laming noobs for kills LOL.................. you seem to get these ideas and then block out all common sense.

he just freakin said people were laming every noob that walked in and you have no issue with that???? you must really not like competition and just want a 9999 dmg gun? then spawn noob accounts for you so you can get your lamed stats.

wow i hope you dont get any dev rights on era RIP noobs era will never get new olbies.
Old 01-04-2015, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geneticfrog View Post
Sad so sad even after he just told you people were laming noobs for kills LOL.................. you seem to get these ideas and then block out all common sense.

he just freakin said people were laming every noob that walked in and you have no issue with that???? you must really not like competition and just want a 9999 dmg gun? then spawn noob accounts for you so you can get your lamed stats.

wow i hope you dont get any dev rights on era RIP noobs era will never get new olbies.
I don't believe just because somebody killed a noob means they lamed them. What even is laming? Walling? It's all apart of the game.. It's you and the other guy the moment you say start in a spar. They can "lame" you back you know. If you win, you deserve that win regardless of the oppositions skill.

Just because Will Soul can beat everybody doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to be #1 because he does. He EARNED that #1 spot regardless of who he beat.
Old 01-04-2015, 03:56 PM
oh god save me the bull ****.

hax and using trainers are "appart of the game" according to your logic. even if i can kil leveryone without taking 1hp of DMG ITs part of the game!

so why dont i just turn god mode on its "part of the game" As you say. Sure ill rape you ez but its part of the game right???

we dont care about anything or the repercussions of our actions, if its in the game its part of the game right????????????? stephane allowed loops holes to allow trainers/hax so its part of the game.

STEPHANE ALLOWS IT SO lets hax 2 win its going to be the same effort as killing noobs with pistols all day in spar.

part of game sry learn 2 play.
Old 01-04-2015, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geneticfrog View Post
oh god save me the bull ****.

hax and using trainers are "appart of the game" according to your logic. even if i can kil leveryone without taking 1hp of DMG ITs part of the game!

so why dont i just turn god mode on its "part of the game" As you say. Sure ill rape you ez but its part of the game right???

we dont care about anything or the repercussions of our actions, if its in the game its part of the game right????????????? stephane allowed loops holes to allow trainers/hax so its part of the game.

STEPHANE ALLOWS IT SO lets hax 2 win its going to be the same effort as killing noobs with pistols all day in spar.

part of game sry learn 2 play.
Hax and trainers" Are not part of the game, they're programs used to effect the server.

Now you're just being immature and quite frankly, stupid. Leaderboards are statistics of wins and losses. Each win and lose is earned. Regardless of who it is. It doesn't matter which game you play, you will always have the skill difference.

Sparing takes skill, time and a lot of patience. They earned to be where they are. I am in the top 10 also, cant remember where i think i'm 5th the last time i checked. I didn't "lame" noobs to get where i am. I beat top players and players not as good as me but i also lost to players that aren't as good as me. It's just the way it goes but what i did do was.. earned to be there.