Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2011, 02:18 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmeh View Post
Hm, am I the only one who is kind of underwhelmed by the quality of updates from Unixmad? I feel like Eurocenter could at least use proper grammar.
No offense Unixmad, but Stefan seems to manage...
Since there are multiple "news", the first thread, well, it can be argued that it is actually correct.
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:32 AM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Hm, am I the only one who is kind of underwhelmed by the quality of updates from Unixmad? I feel like Eurocenter could at least use proper grammar.
The point of this thread is not to compare how people speak English; it is to announce new releases, so please stay on topic.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:28 AM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaDaFack View Post
Somewhat off-topic but,
I find it strange that a lower quality game developed by one man - minecraft have 10,000x the amount of players Graal does.
Minecraft is so popular because it is endless, customizable to your desire, and easy. In Graal you have to pay for the size of your server (I believe). Customizing your map, takes skills that no beginner would have. Lets face it, Graal is more of a social game than it is anything else. If you want to talk just go on AIM imo.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:38 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
Minecraft is so popular because it is endless
No one needs an endless canvas
Quote:
customizable to your desire, and easy
No it's not. Minecraft is popular because it's such a simple concept. Building with LEGOs. It can be as hard or easy as you like, and anyone can pick it up and create something great with it, but there's no ceiling and no one will ever "master it" because you can always build more. There is no way you can compare the formula to Graal's, that's like comparing it to an FPS on Xbox Live and then saying "BUT GRAAL DOESN'T HAVE AS MANY PLAYERS BECAUSE something dumb".

And to WaDa, Minecraft's menu screen is a lot more high quality than all of Graal's "official" content and a lot of player made content.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:40 AM
sup
FrootyTooty is on a distinguished road
Looking foward to playing it.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:44 AM
One More Time
MrOmega is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MrOmega Send a message via MSN to MrOmega Send a message via Yahoo to MrOmega
Tad off-topic but relates to mobile and such and is quite a long shot, but is there any plans for a Blackberry based Graal?
Old 03-21-2011, 03:47 AM
*Shadow (Convoy)
Crono1508 will become famous soon enough
This just seems like a huge kick in the face to Graal PC client version. I've already played iPhone App version, and its not even comparable to the original Graal...

I don't like this change... I think PC Graal is finally going down the drain after this one.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:53 AM
Nitron (Atlantis Design)
Theodor will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono1508 View Post
This just seems like a huge kick in the face to Graal PC client version. I've already played iPhone App version, and its not even comparable to the original Graal...

I don't like this change... I think PC Graal is finally going down the drain after this one.
i think it's gonna be quite the other way around: the graal community will grow extremely, and alot of ppl will be trying out graal PC.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:59 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodor View Post
i think it's gonna be quite the other way around: the graal community will grow extremely, and alot of ppl will be trying out graal PC.
How many competent developers and long term players are going to be enticed by a facebook app? Sure, it'll grow, but will it grow in desirable areas?
Old 03-21-2011, 04:39 AM
Administrator
unixmad is a name known to allunixmad is a name known to allunixmad is a name known to all
Making announcement with bad grammar is part of the Graal tradition, isn't it? But feel free to correct me

Quote:
Old 03-21-2011, 04:41 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
So ya, dev tools... can you elaborate? Is the level editor finally getting an update or is there just a new scripted level editor?
Old 03-21-2011, 04:55 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
How many competent developers and long term players are going to be enticed by a facebook app? Sure, it'll grow, but will it grow in desirable areas?
Half the world plays farmville.
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:16 AM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
New devs tools intrigues me A LOT. However, are they scripted in Graal or are they external like the old development tools?
I'm curious to this as well.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:26 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Will the web-based client only be available on Facebook? Or will people who aren't Facebook users be able to use it as well?
Old 03-21-2011, 05:46 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKan View Post
Half the world plays farmville.
If that a good thing for the part of Graal that isn't profiting off of them?