Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2009, 08:49 PM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Too tired to read 4 pages after Bell and Chris's replies to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
No it couldn't, this would be in special guilds that is run by a global administrator that will be chosen when the team is properly formed.
The only difference I see is that it will be in the Special Guilds section.
Anyone could make a guild called "Graal Developers" with a "mission" of helping any server in need of help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
"First of all i watn to..."

from the guild description. I seriously doubt this guy can participate in any kind of development project.
I was only stating that there could be a guild made by anyone to do so, since I too cringed at seeing all of his spelling mistakes.
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:04 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
The only difference I see is that it will be in the Special Guilds section. Anyone could make a guild called "Graal Developers" with a "mission" of helping any server in need of help.
It will be an official team thus giving it more support from the Playerworld Administration as they would be managing and monitoring the team making it more reliable and organised other than a player based global guild which would have very little direction other than showing off to others.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:18 PM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
It will be an official team thus giving it more support from the Playerworld Administration as they would be managing and monitoring the team making it more reliable and organised other than a player based global guild which would have very little direction other than showing off to others.
All of that's true (except the part about showing off, which would probably happen anyways), I'm just saying that it could be done by any player.
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Pelikano can only hope to improve
I'm smelling waste of time
Old 08-20-2009, 11:08 PM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Maybe if this was a small group of developers that have a direct line of contact with Stefan?

That way there would be a good representation of what the development community needs.
Stefan would have to deal with less PMs from frustrated developers and he would always know that what comes out of the group is important.

Edit:
Note that this would probably help the "communication break" between a lot of the developers and Stefan.

Obviously, this all depends on if Stefan agrees to always listen to what the team has to say.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:19 PM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
Maybe if this was a small group of developers that have a direct line of contact with Stefan?

That way there would be a good representation of what the development community needs.
Stefan would have to deal with less PMs from frustrated developers and he would always know that what comes out of the group is important.

Edit:
Note that this would probably help the "communication break" between a lot of the developers and Stefan.

Obviously, this all depends on if Stefan agrees to always listen to what the team has to say.
I absolutely agree, but I also thought that was implied. If that is not one of the aspects of the team (as it stands now) then it needs to be.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:20 PM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
I absolutely agree, but I also thought that was implied. If that is not one of the aspects of the team (as it stands now) then it needs to be.

Having a line of connection with Stefan is not as great as some of you put it out to be. Sure, he gets back to you on your messages, but it can sometimes take a few days. It's nothing out of this world and wouldn't really change much since it's more important for him to actually be doing something rather than just talking about it.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:26 PM
Incubator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambet View Post
Having a line of connection with Stefan is not as great as some of you put it out to be. Sure, he gets back to you on your messages, but it can sometimes take a few days. It's nothing out of this world and wouldn't really change much since it's more important for him to actually be doing something rather than just talking about it.
I agree with that point.

In an ideal situation, I believe the GDT would organize requested features for Graal based on an observed need for the features across the various playerworlds and communicate their findings with Stefan. The GDT might then create a demonstration of how to use the feature based on what it is and have that made available for playerworlds to use.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:39 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCloud_PK View Post
See the GST, it had 3-4 extremely talented devs on it for months, and not a damn thing came out of it, what has changed now for the better? Nothing, things have gone downhill, not up.
Shush, we spent a whole bunch of time resolving specific issues on playerworlds and I am pretty sure that a bunch of us also released generally-useful things, which was not even in the job description at the time.

My two cents on this whole thing is that the unresolvable entanglement between development and administration is, again, at fault for ruining everything.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:04 AM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:

Isn't this what the PWA is? To some extent, at least, whether or not that line of communication exists and is listened to is another thing.

We can't listen to every developer - at least through the PWA the ones responsible for making money and creating subscriptions have the opportunity to get through issues.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:07 AM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambet View Post
Well, I think it's also important to differentiate between "having a direct line" and "having a valued opinion".

It's true that Stefan just talking about stuff wouldn't get us very far, but if he comes in with the assumption that what the team says is valuable (which it would be if it was comprised of competent members), then it becomes less talk and more action.

Quote:
In an ideal situation, I believe the GDT would organize requested features for Graal based on an observed need for the features across the various playerworlds and communicate their findings with Stefan. The GDT might then create a demonstration of how to use the feature based on what it is and have that made available for playerworlds to use.
Yes, I was thinking something along these lines as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
My two cents on this whole thing is that the unresolvable entanglement between development and administration is, again, at fault for ruining everything.
I agree. At least it's one of the major faults. Pretty ironic when you look at it, considering one of the main administrators is also the primary developer--you'd think that'd bring some sanity to the situation, but alas, it does not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark910 View Post
Isn't this what the PWA is? To some extent, at least, whether or not that line of communication exists and is listened to is another thing.
I was under the impression that the PWA was so overwhelmed with policing that they couldn't do very much else.

Last edited by WhiteDragon; 08-21-2009 at 12:08 AM.. Reason: Replied to Spark
Old 08-21-2009, 01:28 AM
Ronnie is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ronnie
Bell, the first step to the creation of this team would be to find a leader with enough intelligence and devotion to lead the team, without a great leader there will be nothing.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:59 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
Bell, the first step to the creation of this team would be to find a leader with enough intelligence and devotion to lead the team, without a great leader there will be nothing.
It was already stated that a PWA (yet undecided) would be the leader.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:03 AM
Incubator
Why does the team need a leader exactly? I don't see a problem with the PWA (or Bell) managing the application process. Beyond that I don't see why the team needs a leader? I would prefer all members have an equal say unless there is a specific reason to do otherwise.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:29 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Why does the team need a leader exactly? I don't see a problem with the PWA (or Bell) managing the application process. Beyond that I don't see why the team needs a leader? I would prefer all members have an equal say unless there is a specific reason to do otherwise.
well then why don't we just give all well known and noticeable developers a GDT tag who want one so that they can all help out and contribute? if there isn't going to be any type of leadership, then any developer should be able to join

Tags
global, global development team