Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2009, 01:53 AM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
[QUOTE=Clockwork;1516479
And the ever so quiet Xor? [/QUOTE]
Yes, it would be Xor. His skills are more along the line of mine in the non development side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
That needs to be italicized and emboldened.
I am indeed interested in joining the team, and I would do it because I enjoy developing.
The type of person I would prefer to see join.

Quote:
However, over the years I have requested simple minor features for the scripting engine and other things that have either gone unanswered or have only been implemented serverside. I do not enjoy developing on outdated platforms, and I consider Graal outdated because of the amount of time the client has gone without an update. If you, Stefan, or anyone else expects me to put more time and effort into developing, then I want to be paid with Graal updates.

These features are things that I'm sure Stefan could implement in anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours. If that is not the case, then he should explain why it would take so long and when he might be able to do it if he intends to.
I can't really answer for what has happened in the past as I wasn't here nor do I know what his reasons were for not implementing something. My purpose is to attempt to improve Graal now and for the future since iPhone apps aren't going to be sufficient to support everything I'm sure.

Quote:
On another note, if this team concept takes off methinks a documentation of development and management standards should be created. However, methinks this would mostly be for standardizing scripting practices.
I agree and I'm sure there are people out there that actually enjoy doing that sort of thing and excel in it. Thats something that the team itself could form amongst themselves as this team is basically a blanket team covering all aspects.

By the comments left, I'm still a little at a loss as to whether there would be enough support to develop this team or not but I for one would like to at least give it a try. What is there to actually lose after all?
Old 08-20-2009, 01:55 AM
Starting not to love you
Curt1zzle has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Curt1zzle
I'll take the job guys

This message has been deleted by Sam. Reason: you should better stop it now
Old 08-20-2009, 02:03 AM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
The type of person I would prefer to see join.
Global RC would be a nice bonus though
Quote:
I can't really answer for what has happened in the past as I wasn't here nor do I know what his reasons were for not implementing something. My purpose is to attempt to improve Graal now and for the future since iPhone apps aren't going to be sufficient to support everything I'm sure.
People like me run on inspiration. My own ideas provide the majority of this, but Stefan still has to provide the rest by creating a platform that will allow me to make my ideas a reality.

At the moment I would like to join this Global Development Team in an advisory role if possible, someone to come to with development questions, evaluation requests, and things of that nature. I do not want to commit to making any new content considering my lack of inspiration.

Edit: Can we get an official Graal IRC channel or something?
Old 08-20-2009, 02:13 AM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Quote:
Global RC would be a nice bonus though
People like me run on inspiration. My own ideas provide the majority of this, but Stefan still has to provide the rest by creating a platform that will allow me to make my ideas a reality.

At the moment I would like to join this Global Development Team in an advisory role if possible, someone to come to with development questions, evaluation requests, and things of that nature. I do not want to commit to making any new content considering my lack of inspiration.

Can we get an official Graal IRC channel or something?
I realize that a global rc would be a nice bonus and thats always a possible future addition on a 'need' basis. Mainly I imagine it would be the scripters since modifying scripts to work on individual servers is easier to do than to explain. I just do not want people joining for the sole purpose of global rc, doing minimal work then sitting around just to look cool.

I don't see why you couldn't get an IRC channel if everyone felt it would be helpful. They are already available and I'm sure Skyld could get something like that put in place. Skyld's probably gonna beat me for volunteering him but he'll live.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:24 AM
Noctorious' NeoHunter
Seich will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Seich Send a message via Yahoo to Seich
I think this is a very good idea it would help improve the overall quality of us servers and of graal thus. I would like to commit myself to join such a team if possible.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:29 AM
???
Scary_Sock will become famous soon enough
I also would not mind joining the team as GFX, as I can GFX different kinds of things from tiles to photoshop images to just plain ol' "re-editing"!

But yes, we have nothing to lose, and that is IF we fail, which I highly doubt!
Old 08-20-2009, 02:32 AM
Tig is gone this week getting set up at college and Skyld will be gone till Friday. I'll get in contact with the globals within a week or so and see what we can get set up as far as an application process goes.

Do any of you have any suggestions as to what should be required to join the team itself? Please be as specific as possible.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:33 AM
Incubator
Quote:
I realize that a global rc would be a nice bonus and thats always a possible future addition on a 'need' basis. Mainly I imagine it would be the scripters since modifying scripts to work on individual servers is easier to do than to explain. I just do not want people joining for the sole purpose of global rc, doing minimal work then sitting around just to look cool.
I'm sure many of the more reputable scripters don't need an official global RC.
Quote:
I don't see why you couldn't get an IRC channel if everyone felt it would be helpful. They are already available and I'm sure Skyld could get something like that put in place. Skyld's probably gonna beat me for volunteering him but he'll live.
I don't care who provides the IRC channel as long as it is officially endorsed by Graal management and global staff so that people actually use it.

Edit:
Quote:
Do any of you have any suggestions as to what should be required to join the team itself? Please be as specific as possible.
If an applicant is an unknown quantity, then they should require some endorsement from someone who has a significant development position or standing in the global community.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:41 AM
Quote:
I'm sure many of the more reputable scripters don't need an official global RC.
Very true, which is why I don't see global rc as a huge issue.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:19 AM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Just a few off the top of my head.

1. I would suggest that the first requirement would be that the applicants would need an active gold subscription or they wouldn't be able to login/use under construction playerworlds or be able to update the Graal Bible.

2. Another requirement would be to show proof that they are skilled in the development areas they stated as some applicants may submit work they didn't produce.

3. Applicants must have very little or no history of trouble making either on Graal or on the forums.

4. It would help for the applications to have decent communication and management skills in order to deal with server Managers and staff they are providing assistance to.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:25 AM
Incubator
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
1. I would suggest that the first requirement would be that the applicants would need an active gold subscription or they wouldn't be able to login/use under construction playerworlds or be able to update the Graal Bible.
Absolutely not.
Quote:
4. It would help for the applications to have decent communication and management skills in order to deal with server Managers and staff they are providing assistance to.
IMHO, don't allow people into the GDT if they can't use proper English.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:31 AM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Absolutely not.
It doesn't change the fact that you need a gold subscription to do certain tasks the position requires.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:42 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
I'd also be willing to help out other servers with whatever problems they have. Unfortunately I don't really want to write an application to apply for this position.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:10 AM
Incubator
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
I'd also be willing to help out other servers with whatever problems they have. Unfortunately I don't really want to write an application to apply for this position.
I suppose your desire to help out other servers isn't that strong then.
Quote:
It doesn't change the fact that you need a gold subscription to do certain tasks the position requires.
The details of the team's operation have not been established. If the team is decently sized it would be unnecessary for all members to be able to go on under construction servers or be able to edit the wiki.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:37 AM
Quote:
The details of the team's operation have not been established. If the team is decently sized it would be unnecessary for all members to be able to go on under construction servers or be able to edit the wiki.
Maybe not but Bell did state the team will help under construction playerworlds and updating the documentation on the graal bible. Having an active gold subscription may not be required for all members of the team in special cases but in general most applicants should have an active gold subscription.

Tags
global, global development team