Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2009, 08:05 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Global Development Team: Official Introduction

The development community alongside the Playerworld Administration have formed an alliance to provide Graal with the Global Development Team (GDT). Our hopes are that we have a long and productive future together. Our goal is to improve the overall quality of Graal and make it a more enjoyable atmosphere for its players while teaching others the skills they need to become Graal's future.

You will be able to recognize the official members of the team by their tag (Global Development Team.) They will be able to be contacted through the Development forums and projects will be discussed there. They have also been added to Global Link and once hiring is underway all server owners/managers will be added there as well. People should also be able to find them in game for assistance with issues you may be having or for advice.

While the team itself is in its infancy and we fully expect some things to change as it evolves. It will work on some basic principles as its foundation.

The Role of the GDT

*First and foremost your responsibilities and role should be to the global community itself.

*Striving to provide better documentation in your field of specialization. The wiki leaves a lot to be desired and it could be considered a GDT project to help clean it up. Scripters should help to provide high quality reference material both in the form of raw reference tables and in prose. Tutorials are also good. Graphic artists and levellers can also contribute tutorials which show how to create specific effects and reduce errors.

*Helping those who need it. That means being in the front line when people need your help. You have been given a Global Development Team tag, please use it when you are able to. We've also set up the IRC channel AT #graaldt on irc.freenode.net; your participation would be nice.

*Helping with server projects. Sometimes staff from a server may call upon you for advice or even for a helping hand. If you feel a requested project is reasonable, feel free to participate. If you don't feel it's reasonable for you, suggest people who may be interested, GDT members or otherwise. The important thing is to remember you are not obligated; the GDT are not slave labourers and shouldn't be taken for granted. However, the local management still has final say on any matters. It is not your role to be involved in administrative duties in any way.

*Providing core packages which people can use to rapid prototype servers. Create public content (core packages) that could be used on all servers.

*Serve as a bridge between Stefan and Graal's development community. This involves recommending features that are generally desired and creating demonstrations of features that have been added by Stefan.

*Serve as advisers to developers and playerworld management. This would involve evaluating content or just giving general tips about development in general.

*Respect the privacy of the server. Do not share information with other servers that you see.

For those interested in applying we've broke it down into 4 general areas. Scripting, Graphics, Levels and Gani's. While many of you have multiple talents this is for organizational purposes and whats considered the primary talent. We will attempt to provide members to help in all areas of development. We've attempted to make the application process simple, but you must bear in mind that not all of us are aware of your capabilites so in many cases an application process is required.

Below is the official Global Development Team application. Please email your applications responses to [email protected] or submit through the guild control panel here. We will follow up on applications that pique our interest.

Account:

Subscription Status:

Primary and Secondary Expertise (if applicable)

Related Experience:
List your experience of working in a team development environment. Additionally, feel free to cite situations outside of Graal or ones that involved teaching others.

Availability:
How much time will you be able to dedicate to working with the GDT on projects? Do you have other obligations; such as school or work?

Questions:

* What do you hope to accomplish as a member of the GDT, and how do you plan to go about doing it?
* What do you feel separates you from applicants with the same and/or similar backgrounds?
*Are there any incidents that may negatively affect your application?

References:

*Server managers/admins/globals that can vouch for your abilities and honesty.
* Servers/forums where the work you have done can be viewed and verified.

Optional:

*Additional information you feel you would like to add

Global Team

Last edited by Bell; 09-01-2009 at 08:18 PM..
Old 09-01-2009, 08:19 PM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Good luck everyone! Let's make this team rock.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:37 PM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
http://webchat.freenode.net, for those without an IRC client.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:55 PM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zokemon View Post
Good luck everyone! Let's make this team rock.
Lovely how you conveniently resurrected from the dead when they started discussing the GDT.

As for the topic, glad that the roles are better laid out and established this time. It's still quite a shame that there's no benefit to joining the team other than helping the greater good. I don't need anymore lectures about it being just about helping out because I do enough of that already both on the forums and whenever anyone contacts me with any problems.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:01 PM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambet View Post
Lovely how you conveniently resurrected from the dead when they started discussing the GDT.
He actually returned sometime before that, I believe. Though I wouldn't doubt that he is more active now after the whole GDT thing.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Banned
sid.gottlieb@googlemail.com will become famous soon enough
I'd like to join but I'm focusing on BI at this moment in time. Thanks and goodluck!

(I stole my reply from Ziro, I just happened to post it first lol...)
Old 09-01-2009, 09:32 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
I would be very interested in applying to the GDT, but like Andy, my priorities lay elsewhere at the moment (namely Maloria). Good luck with the team though, hopefully it will be of great use.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 09-01-2009, 09:45 PM
???
Scary_Sock will become famous soon enough
I sent in my application through the Guild CP.
Just saying this because I submitted one before when the GDT was first made.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:48 PM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambet View Post
Yeah it actually was a pretty good coincidence. It was mostly because summer ended though. I've been silently checking on the forums every now and then though for a long while. I'm just glad to see this team being made. I think it can do good things.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:53 PM
Gambet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zokemon View Post
Yeah it actually was a pretty good coincidence. It was mostly because summer ended though. I've been silently checking on the forums every now and then though for a long while. I'm just glad to see this team being made. I think it can do good things.

Well, more power to you then, not like you aren't qualified for the job. I guess you just have good timing.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:14 PM
UN Manager
SwimChao is just really niceSwimChao is just really nice
Good luck to all those applying. I hope we can pull together a great team!
Old 09-01-2009, 11:15 PM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Good luck everyone !
Old 09-01-2009, 11:29 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome work Bell.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:40 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
It was a team effort BigBear but thank you.

For those of you talented people out there that just don't have the time to put into it, we fully understand. Others of you such as Gambet have an outlet of helping on their own without the team and its still greatly appreciated. This is just another avenue that players and staff will have to select from so that in itself can't really be a bad thing.

For any of you that currently had applications into the guild cp prior to today, but have not been accepted. Could you reapply through the normal means so the rest of the team can review your applications. All remaining applications have been removed. I apologize if this has caused an inconvenience but we were uncertain of the hiring methods before this time.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:46 PM
???
Scary_Sock will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
It was a team effort BigBear but thank you.

For those of you talented people out there that just don't have the time to put into it, we fully understand. Others of you such as Gambet have an outlet of helping on their own without the team and its still greatly appreciated. This is just another avenue that players and staff will have to select from so that in itself can't really be a bad thing.

For any of you that currently had applications into the guild cp prior to today, but have not been accepted. Could you reapply through the normal means so the rest of the team can review your applications. All remaining applications have been removed. I apologize if this has caused an inconvenience but we were uncertain of the hiring methods before this time.
I'll just re-send my app to the GMAIL address.

Sent.

Tags
global, global development team