Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > Information
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2002, 11:13 AM
Administrator
unixmad is a name known to allunixmad is a name known to allunixmad is a name known to all
Post Guide for Runes

Runes are another special form of wizardry; essentially runes are magical inscriptions on the dungeon floor which cast a spell (or "detonate") when something steps on them.

Beware! Runes are invisible most of the time!

There are several runes which are specialized; these can be set as your range spell. Some of these are:

Rune of Fire Fire damage when it detonates
Rune of Frost Cold damage when it detonates
Rune of Blasting Physical damage when it detonates
Rune of Shocking Electrical damage when it detonates
Rune of Death Atacks with attacktype "death" at caster level

The spell 'disarm' may be used to try and destroy a rune you've discovered. In addition, there are some special runes which may only be called with the 'invoke' command:

Magic Rune You may store any incantation in this rune that you know and have the mana to cast Marking Rune.
This is basically a sign. You may store any words you like in this rune, and people may apply it to read it. Maybe useful for mazes! This rune will not detonate, nor is it ordinarily invisible.

Partial Visibility of Runes
---------------------------

Your runes will be partially invisible. That is, they'll be visible only part of the time. They have a 1/(your level/2) chance of being visible in any given round, so the higher your level, the better hidden the runes you make are.

Examples of usage
-----------------

Here are several examples of how you can use the runes.

'invoke magic rune heal
will place a magic rune of healing one square ahead of you, whichever way you're facing.

'invoke magic rune transfer
as above, except the rune will contain the spell of transference

'invoke magic rune large fireball
as above, except the spell large fireball will be cast when someone steps on the rune. the fireball will fly in the direction the caster was facing when he created the rune.

'cast rune of fire
prepares the rune of fire as the range spell. Use the direction keys to use up your mana and place a rune.

'invoke marking rune fubar
places a rune of marking, which says "fubar" when someone applies it.

'invoke marking rune touch my stuff and I will hunt you down!
places the marking rune warning would-be thieves of their danger.

Restrictions on runes:
---------------------
You may not place runes underneath monsters or other players. You may not place a new rune on a square which already has a rune. Any attempt to do the latter strengthens the pre-existing rune.
Old 09-12-2002, 12:43 PM
game_king is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to game_king Send a message via Yahoo to game_king
just to veryify this /use_skill disarm traps has nothing to do with disarming runes right?
Old 09-12-2002, 06:30 PM
Chronos is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Chronos
Are these new to the server, IE: Do you buy them? Or are they automatically added to the spelllist?
Old 09-12-2002, 07:31 PM
Not in Use
BlKnight is on a distinguished road
This is sucks. Alll the classes are getting new things (warriors and barbarians get these new weapons, alchemists already have tons of options and making of items, sorcerors and alchemists hav a huge range of spells and now they get a whole other type of magic, priests also have a lage range of spells and have their altars). But the thief, the thief is the only clas that has gotten nothin sincethe start 9which in't much to start of with, a sack and a skll that doesn't work.

I mean sorcerors have enough so far, and why would they set traps? Don't you think trap making would bea beter skill for thiefs? I hope there is somethign real big coming forthiefs and it's just taking long...=p
Old 09-13-2002, 12:24 AM
Dead
Locke_boy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Locke_boy Send a message via AIM to Locke_boy
Quote:
Originally posted by BlKnight
This is sucks. Alll the classes are getting new things (warriors and barbarians get these new weapons, alchemists already have tons of options and making of items, sorcerors and alchemists hav a huge range of spells and now they get a whole other type of magic, priests also have a lage range of spells and have their altars). But the thief, the thief is the only clas that has gotten nothin sincethe start 9which in't much to start of with, a sack and a skll that doesn't work.

I mean sorcerors have enough so far, and why would they set traps? Don't you think trap making would bea beter skill for thiefs? I hope there is somethign real big coming forthiefs and it's just taking long...=p
Thiefs, with what they have now, are nothing more than poser-warriors ...
Old 09-13-2002, 03:02 AM
Not in Use
BlKnight is on a distinguished road
Exactly, (btw yay to me for making the most typos and mistakes in one post in the history of this forum) they are warriors with a sack instead of a book and 2 more dexterity instead of +2 more strength. They do the same things, except the warrior is intended to do that jon, and I have never seen a game where a thiefs role is simply to fight.
Old 09-15-2002, 05:13 PM
TerrorBite is on a distinguished road
i have marking rune and I could not get it to work with the ways provided, I tried /invoke marking rune message here , and it says unknown command, so I tried /cast marking rune message here , and I checked the rp window, and no message. Is this feature working yet?
Old 09-15-2002, 05:16 PM
Graal2002 Addict
DragonX2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DragonX2 Send a message via Yahoo to DragonX2
Quote:
Originally posted by TerrorBite
i have marking rune and I could not get it to work with the ways provided, I tried /invoke marking rune message here , and it says unknown command, so I tried /cast marking rune message here , and I checked the rp window, and no message. Is this feature working yet?
Invoke was removed a while ago so until it's re-implemented, the runes do not work
Old 09-17-2002, 09:50 AM
what
BeZeRkEr is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to BeZeRkEr Send a message via AIM to BeZeRkEr
Haha you took runes too?
So unoriginal..

In the viking period, Runes were believed to bear a magical power and were restricted primarily to sacred purposes. In the XI Century, it became fashionable to erect big stones with Runic inscriptions in the memory of distinguished people, not necessarily kings, but peasants as well. Many of these stones were decorated with the images of snakes, dragons and other mystical creatures. It is highly probable that originally the Runic stones were brightly colored. They were placed alongside ancient pathways and viking waterways. Quite a number of these granite monuments have survived and can be seen in different parts of Scandinavia. Some of them contain well-preserved patterns and scripts. Some, however, are scarcely readable.

So you cast a rune and kill someone.. I prefer Diablo 2's rune system.. at least it was different than a normal spell.
Old 09-18-2002, 04:26 AM
R0b1n-NPC is on a distinguished road
Rune stones are nothing more than luck charms.

They DO NOT explode when you step on them

*denies all knowledge of this ever happening*
Old 09-18-2002, 12:20 PM
Banned
Selzar is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Selzar Send a message via Yahoo to Selzar
Correct

Sorcerers should NOT have rune traps, thieves should since theyre sneaky little fellas and they do that kind of stuff never heard of a wizard putting traps but heard of a thief...
Old 01-08-2003, 06:39 AM
is watching you
screen_name is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to screen_name Send a message via MSN to screen_name
I'm just wondering, but shouldn't we get exp for finding and disarming traps?
Old 01-29-2003, 03:30 PM
neomaximus2k2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to neomaximus2k2 Send a message via AIM to neomaximus2k2 Send a message via Yahoo to neomaximus2k2
any idea when the runes are being put back up??

Webmaster of
Http://www.paramiliar.com
Old 02-15-2004, 10:54 PM
So this is teh end...
Desolator12 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Desolator12
Wizards and mages are better suited for magical runes, such as you step on a rune and are engulfed in an inferno... Thiefs are better suited to make/disarm mechanical traps... warriors would try to attack the runes/ traps (to no avail) priests would keep using heal, and a barbarian would go through unharmed.... end of story ;p

I think that we should really get a rune of transferrance... imagine it, we could teleport from our house/kingdom to mainland instantly... or even better, from the enterance of the cave to the good mining area *drools*...

my favorite use would be as a bridge betwean islands.... no more swiming over to hotaru!
Old 02-16-2004, 10:27 PM
KyJe27 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to KyJe27
Holy crap! talk about posting on old fourms!

Originally posted by Ziro_Vitrudestec
If you don't want to roleplay, don't join a roleplaying group. Noone made you. By joining it and not roleplaying, you're causing problems to the group. It's like if you join a Christian group and you have hardcore atheistic beliefs.