Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Zodiac Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-04-2016, 02:39 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
tron bonne and super skrull was 2/3 of my team too, whoever that is has good taste
Old 12-04-2016, 03:15 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
you're looking at the next manager
hah
Old 12-12-2016, 01:06 AM
White Mage
Xenoith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Update: Zodiac peaked out at 106 players today. A great milestone. But we're still not getting anywhere with staffing issues. Megiddo has been giving us small balance updates. No word from Ketsomaru. Jerett (Fowlplay4) has shown up today, but he refuses to have any interaction with players and wishes to do nothing when given ideas. He doesn't give feedback, so words go on deaf ears. I can't tell if he's just soaking the ideas in or not. Zodiac isn't getting anywhere with this kind of mentality from a manager.

Jerett refuses to step down as manager until a replacement can be found to take his place who will actually pick up the slack. He did say he was willing to step down, but not until worthy candidate is chosen to take his place.

So can we start looking please?
Old 12-12-2016, 01:57 PM
PlanetOscar is just really nicePlanetOscar is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoith View Post
Update: Zodiac peaked out at 106 players today. A great milestone. But we're still not getting anywhere with staffing issues. Megiddo has been giving us small balance updates. No word from Ketsomaru. Jerett (Fowlplay4) has shown up today, but he refuses to have any interaction with players and wishes to do nothing when given ideas. He doesn't give feedback, so words go on deaf ears. I can't tell if he's just soaking the ideas in or not. Zodiac isn't getting anywhere with this kind of mentality from a manager.

Jerett refuses to step down as manager until a replacement can be found to take his place who will actually pick up the slack. He did say he was willing to step down, but not until worthy candidate is chosen to take his place.

I don't think anyone is fit replace Jerett at this point in time, perhaps you should give some suggestions on who you think is worthy.
Old 12-15-2016, 05:33 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoith View Post

why do you care so much about staff vs the state of the server? even back when there were tons of staff members constantly interacting with players we hardly saw any major updates.
Old 12-16-2016, 03:21 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetOscar View Post
I don't think anyone is fit replace Jerett at this point in time, perhaps you should give some suggestions on who you think is worthy.
yen

Old 12-16-2016, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
yen
but there aren't any kids left on zod
Old 12-28-2016, 08:12 AM
Zodiac Retired Staff
Third3rd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
but there aren't any kids left on zod
You would be surprised..

Old 12-28-2016, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by third3rd View Post
you would be surprised..
woah there
Old 01-22-2017, 04:06 AM
Tru_Entropy is on a distinguished road
lol @ this thread
Old 01-22-2017, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru_Entropy View Post
lol @ this thread
lol @ u
Old 01-27-2017, 12:57 AM
Jester323 is on a distinguished road
So this could be a staff related issue, but it really seems that there are no good resources for new players. I'm not sure how many new players are picking up graal, but logging in and having no idea what's going on makes player retention kinda rough.

So, as I write this one of the FAQ staff was telling me how outdated the wiki was, then telling me to google server commands. I get that google is a great tool, but with so much outdated and wrong info, when I ask how to reset my levels, I don't think google is the go-to answer from staff.
The entire convo for context FAQ edited out, unless there's only 1 FAQ staff, then sorry pal:

Jester323 (Thu Jan 26 18:07:56 2017):
Is there any up to date place for info on this server, I've been gone for a long time and don't remember anything, and the wiki seems incredibly out of date. I feel 100% lost and have no idea what to do.

*FAQGUY (Thu Jan 26 18:09:07 2017):
Sadly nope. The wiki is still being updated but it takes years to be honest.

Jester323 (Thu Jan 26 18:10:50 2017):
Ok, well I'll start slow. I'm level 57 and I want to go into assassin, the wiki said I need to be 10 thief and 10 warrior, but another place it said 10 thief and 10 scout. If it's 10 scout, I've only leveled it once, so is there a way to reset my level points?

*FAQDUDE (Thu Jan 26 18:12:48 2017):
PM the npc server "classtree" for the whole list.

Jester323 (Thu Jan 26 18:13:20 2017):
Is there a command to see all the different help options from the server?

*FAQSTAFFER (Thu Jan 26 18:16:14 2017):
Google "Graal Zodiac commands" to get a general sense of commands, e.g. how to reset your levels or your class.

Jester323 (Thu Jan 26 18:17:11 2017):
K, I'll just cross my fingers that whatever I google is up to date.
Old 01-27-2017, 01:37 AM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
the past years the only thing ever been cared for was endgame because all the old max level players were "bored" and wanted it so

the key would be not listening to the old players

i was on my way revamping the entire early/midgame when i was dev, but i was lacking scripters

Old 01-27-2017, 06:52 AM
Reno is on a distinguished road
I think that Zodiac is a wonderful server, it would be a shame to see it shut down
Old 01-27-2017, 11:21 PM
Zodiac FAQ/GP
Nikwal is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester323 View Post
So this could be a staff related issue, but it really seems that there are no good resources for new players. I'm not sure how many new players are picking up graal, but logging in and having no idea what's going on makes player retention kinda rough.

So, as I write this one of the FAQ staff was telling me how outdated the wiki was, then telling me to google server commands. I get that google is a great tool, but with so much outdated and wrong info, when I ask how to reset my levels, I don't think google is the go-to answer from staff.
The entire convo for context FAQ edited out, unless there's only 1 FAQ staff, then sorry pal:
[...]
I'm literally the only FAQ, no need to edit out my name.

The problem is that your questions were really vague. Googling "Graal Zodiac Commands" gives you a nearly complete list of all that you need to know when it comes to commands (this is where I'd be looking at if I needed to reset my class points for example).

You need some sort of of self-initiative to start Zodiac, that's true. It's just really hard to give you a quick rundown on how everything works on Zodiac via PM (not to mention that I was farming, but that's not the issue here).

What we really need is a complete tutorial that shows you the important things like /charselect, /creset, /reset, a quick info on gear and stat points and races.

I would have sent you the link but as I said, I was farming. Under "basic commands" it even says that you use /creset to reset your class. Alternatively, there is an NPC in OSL to tell you what to do.

http://public.zodiacdev.com/Player_Commands
This is the official wiki, there is an NPC in OSL to take you there.

Next time, instead of taking it to the forums, just keep asking more specific questions. If I overlook one of yours, just ask it again in a shorter message. Alternatively, talk to one of the higher-ups on Zodiac if you have any staff-related issies. Just letting you know that I don't get anything from being FAQ, I just like helping people. Thank you.