Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Zodiac Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-29-2016, 06:14 AM
Kuzative will become famous soon enough
Changing manager honestly wouldn't make a difference because we have no scripters/devs on the server to hire so we'd still get the same amount of updates (which seems to be what players complain about the most).

Honestly the game got boring for me when really epic sets starting to become common among everyone.

Also we had no active ETs for a very long period of time since Tiu decided to do double duty between Dev and ETA. I was kinda annoyed when Zodiac stopped doing the monthly tournaments a while ago especially since we had a good playercount.

Well Ketso has been teasing us with a big update soon...so idk but I think it's just the end of an era to be honest. PC Graal in general is dying.
Old 07-29-2016, 07:01 AM
White Mage
Xenoith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Honestly you can find scripters VERY easily. The game lacks any serious advertising. Your best bet for scripters would be college students looking to use their education on scripting to come work on Zodiac in their spare time until they land a job, they could work on Zodiac, see where they go with it and then go from there. That's what Symmasolan does and Ketso does it as well. It's practice. Reddit is one of the internet's biggest pools of people next to 4chan. People go on reddit every day, so if someone can whip up a snazzy banner/flyer advertising Zodiac, that'd be great.

You wanna know something else though? Ragnarok Online I believe is older than Graal and they have prosperous private servers that are better than the original game. They do well because they constantly advertise.
Old 09-05-2016, 05:58 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
welp time to delete zod and add malaria
Old 09-05-2016, 08:01 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
I sometimes wonder if part of why PC Graal is dying is because of the lack of per server updates.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:26 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
I sometimes wonder if part of why PC Graal is dying is because of the lack of per server updates.
ironically i think zod had too many updates for its own good

whos gonna sit there and farm when theyre worried about economy/their **** being **** tier? no security, who would want to continue playing?
Old 09-05-2016, 02:15 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
welp time to delete zod and add malaria

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 09-05-2016, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
)))?
Old 10-05-2016, 10:57 AM
Dionne Førever
DeathOfRa is on a distinguished road
Shut it down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Programmer View Post
The voices in my head like to bicker with each other.
Old 10-05-2016, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathOfRa View Post
Shut it down.
hi ra
Old 10-05-2016, 12:38 PM
Dionne Førever
DeathOfRa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
hi ra
What's up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Programmer View Post
The voices in my head like to bicker with each other.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathOfRa View Post
What's up?
nm, you still play?
Old 11-29-2016, 07:10 PM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
I logged on Zodiac a few days ago and the server has potential, but it's so messy. The level design in general is putrid, there was a really poor choice of color for the tiles. It needs new level design and tile graphics. Other than that there are some neat effects, programming, ganis, etc. Not really my type of MMO but I do like grindy stuff. And yeah, the players are really annoying there (not expecting any different really though).

Also when I say that it needs new level designs, I mean it seriously. There was nothing I saw that is salvageable. Throw the entire OW in the trash, and interior levels, and start over.
Old 11-30-2016, 02:04 AM
new map would be cool but a lot of work
Old 11-30-2016, 02:12 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know the intricacies of Zodiac very well, but would a new map really be a lot of work? It just needs to be big enough to contain entrances for the dungeons with enough space between nation flag or whatever
Old 11-30-2016, 06:03 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
I don't know the intricacies of Zodiac very well, but would a new map really be a lot of work? It just needs to be big enough to contain entrances for the dungeons with enough space between nation flag or whatever
Yeah with modern dev tools like gonstruct and tile-editor I'm able to get large scale leveling jobs done quickly that previously would have taken much more time.