Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Zodiac Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-28-2010, 03:13 AM
evilchaseofdoom will become famous soon enough
I think Zodiac's problem is the lack of Development Staff. I don't think Zodiac even is motivated to recruit everyone. Yes, Scarz somewhat stepped up, but he's working really slowly. I was amazed how quickly Muse finished all those Halloween and Christmas weapons, and I think we need more of that. They are ok with the old, and never aim for the new. I also think new classes should be added more frequently, i'm not interested in any of the current choices besides Battlechanter.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:26 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to papajchris
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchaseofdoom View Post
I think Zodiac's problem is the lack of Development Staff. I don't think Zodiac even is motivated to recruit everyone. Yes, Scarz somewhat stepped up, but he's working really slowly. I was amazed how quickly Muse finished all those Halloween and Christmas weapons, and I think we need more of that. They are ok with the old, and never aim for the new. I also think new classes should be added more frequently, i'm not interested in any of the current choices besides Battlechanter.
more classes? are you mad?
Old 09-28-2010, 04:23 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I was amazed how quickly Muse finished all those Halloween and Christmas weapons, and I think we need more of that.
New weapons is never the answer. That's something that goes on the side as a sort of secondary objective in playing the game.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:16 AM
evilchaseofdoom will become famous soon enough
Ya, i'm mad. How'd you know. Also more weapons, the more variety in economy, use of classes and unique builds I guess.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:37 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
more weapons = varied (implied as better) economy
In a server where it is so easy to meet the class level cap (or one where there is no cap), new weapons/items are always bad. The only exception is when the "new" things are released aimed toward lower level players (which won't really be noticeable to older/higher up players)

What most people think of when they say "new weapons" are stronger weapons, or weapons with unique abilities compared to what existed. And because servers (games) set up like Zodiac will never be "balanced", there's only two routes this can go through: One is where the weapons are better. The next sword is "like Blade of Genocide but better". The next bow is "like Zephyr Quiver but better". There is no horizontal change, where you can make a new sword that will actually affect the economy without making all the other released swords inferior. The only way a weapon release will make a difference is if it's so undeniably better than everything else that acquiring is a sort of achievement. This, in turn, makes the game lopsided and gives it that "bad economy" people complain about.

Alternatively, the weapon will be so similar to the currently existing ones, it just won't make any change at all aside from "one more novel collection of pixels to acquire". It won't affect gameplay or the economy in any special way.

Weapons and item releases to extend gameplay and improve the server? That just doesn't happen. That's not how an economy in this type of situation works. Nobody should ever be allowed to mention "The economy" in an MMORPG (or a server styled after a popular one) because the entire format of an MMORPG is to have a lopsided economy. To have clearly defined elites and monetary specifications for being an elite. The new player simply can't stack up to them because that is the nature of the beast.

You can have "new weapons", but you have to recognize that won't fix anything, and that if you're looking to "fixing" the economy, you have to be aware more releases just makes it "worse".

itt short-sighted good ideas are debunked by long-term pessimism
itt tl;dr
Old 09-28-2010, 07:37 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
releasing new weapons for lower level players is a good idea, more leeching weapons like hedgebane and halloweve would be a good thing.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:40 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
What does ITT stand for?
Old 09-28-2010, 10:53 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to papajchris
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear3 View Post
What does ITT stand for?
in this thread

i think
Old 09-28-2010, 10:55 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute
PoJo and his stupid, hip internet acronyms.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:18 AM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Skype™ to Supaman771
Quote:
I think Zodiac's problem is the lack of Development Staff.
I also think new classes should be added more frequently, i'm not interested in any of the current choices besides Battlechanter.
About new classes, that wouldn't fix anything either. The server has it's basics (leveling, items, classes, and obtaining of items), but it's just been expanding on those for the past few years and needs some newness in a different field. As PoJo said earlier most of the buildings on the Gmap are empty, and unless they have a cave/dungeon the inside ones are useless. There's even a entire island (as big as the main) that is inaccessible. And there's a severe lack of ideas when it comes to new skills, they all do one of a few things (bind, stun, damage, or enhance). These are wide categories, but in my opinion (and I've said this before) the entire skill setup should be reworked, Zodiac should be more than just pressing the same 3 buttons and laughing at unavoidable long range binds or damage.

And about development, I totally agree. I proposed a few fresh and totally doable ideas to a few of the development staff members and they said it involved too much work...
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
tl;dr
Lol, noob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnervNATx View Post
releasing new weapons for lower level players is a good idea, more leeching weapons like hedgebane and halloweve would be a good thing.
Well, at least one serious answer in this post... they aren't needed. Hedgebane and Hallowseve go level 0-60, what are you implying?

Why would you need lower level weapons when you just use those two and get to level 60 in a matter of 3-4 hours? Also unless you're level 60 and cmped your character won't be useful for anything. You're ludicrous to claim that new weapons in any way would fix the server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear3 View Post
PoJo and his stupid, hip internet acronyms.
Lol, noob.

Last edited by Supaman771; 09-29-2010 at 02:20 AM.. Reason: Went back and quoted that guy.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:15 PM
scooter123 can only hope to improve
Where is that Zodiac V2 I was hearing about? I think they should close it up for a bit and reset/fix everything first
Old 10-01-2010, 05:26 PM
SL Oldbie
Loakey_P2P is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Loakey_P2P Send a message via Yahoo to Loakey_P2P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
zod hasnt reset since then, though, and it takes like 2 days to reach level 60 or 1 if you're not lazy like me.
then is what I'm talking about , back when sl left the classic list and zod took its place . but i must be lazy then cause I've been at it several hours a day for a week now and i just reached level 30 the other day .
-Past Sl Jobs * ET/LAT/NAT/LAT Admin/Developer/Admin/Head Admin/Asst. Manager/Manager
-Current Job - Retired

*Sorry you must have mistaken me for someone that cares .
Old 10-01-2010, 06:53 PM
Classic FAQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loakey_P2P View Post
then is what I'm talking about , back when sl left the classic list and zod took its place . but i must be lazy then cause I've been at it several hours a day for a week now and i just reached level 30 the other day .
you need halloweve and hedgebane to level quickly now.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:07 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Crono
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnervNATx View Post
you need halloweve and hedgebane to level quickly now.
or just a decent party

or any item with lifesteal

do recommend eve + hedgebane though
Old 10-01-2010, 09:06 PM
Classic FAQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
or just a decent party
a party of 2-3 with halloweve/hedgebane can easly reach 60 in a day or 2

not much items with life steal that you can mass with.