Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Questions about V6
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-14-2008, 08:03 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
and the GUI Editor is pretty lame. Most scripters prefer to write their own GUIs. And, most prefer the external RC over scripted.
Yes, I prefer the external RC, but the GUI editor isn't really lame. It saves me a lot of time and hassle, I just wish it supported more things like image controls and stuff. Over all, the GUI editor is great.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 06-14-2008, 08:17 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
It saves me a lot of time and hassle, I just wish it supported more things like image controls and stuff. Over all, the GUI editor is great.
Wow, I have never met a scripter who liked it

It produces horrible code in my opinion, and generally it is easier just to script the GUI.
Old 06-14-2008, 08:40 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
What you don't realize is that the everyday player couldn't care less.
The average everyday player doesn't really distinguish between "official" content and that created by other players, either.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:07 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi View Post
The average everyday player doesn't really distinguish between "official" content and that created by other players, either.
Hahaha, that is completely false.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:14 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Hahaha, that is completely false.
Not really. Anymore, players tend to make better content than the official staff, as the official staff focus more on the client and the server than content.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:15 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Not really. Anymore, players tend to make better content than the official staff, as the official staff focus more on the client and the server than content.
That is not what he said. You just agreed with him, then contradicted your agreement in the very same sentence. Make your mind up.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:17 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Yes, but you've also increased the prices dramatically.
For your particular case it is more expensive, for others it is less expensive. You must see that the access to UC playerworlds has been the same price for around 4 years (was VIP until last year which was costing $25 and not available for first time subscribers), and the price for 12 month Gold bundle has still not been increased.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:19 PM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
For your particular case it is more expensive, for others it is less expensive. You must see that the access to UC playerworlds has been the same price for around 4 years (was VIP until last year which was costing $25 and not available for first time subscribers), and the price for 12 month Gold bundle has still not been increased.
So why not provide different bundles like you were? This way everyone gets what they wants.

As it is, I'm not going to pay 40 some odd dollars to play UC playerworlds.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:26 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
That is not what he said. You just agreed with him, then contradicted your agreement in the very same sentence. Make your mind up.
That you think he contradicted his agreement suggests you didn't understand what I said (admittedly that would partly be my fault). I wasn't trying to say that playercount is split evenly between official and player-made content. I was trying to say that players generally don't really care very much about who makes content, just whether or not they like the content. More player-made content attracts more players, but this is because of the content itself (along with economic reasons), not because the content is player-made.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:57 PM
Sup
Mafukie will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Mafukie Send a message via AIM to Mafukie
Quote:
So why not provide different bundles like you were? This way everyone gets what they wants.

As it is, I'm not going to pay 40 some odd dollars to play UC playerworlds.
You shouldn't have to pay to use UC Playerworlds because the person who runs the UC Playerworld is currently paying to run that server

Most of the updates effect the developers but there haven't been major content updates for the players. I can understand that since you put time into making things better for developers, players will get a better game experience. But there hasn't been anything really put out there with the current dev tools content wise. It will take a couple years of dedicated development on a single server to actually be worth playing on.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:28 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
4 years ago there was more players than there are now, and also understand that it's not just his particular case. Lots of people live where it will be more expensive, as I estimate around 40 percent of the already diminishing community live in the US.

What was wrong with the way we used to pay without gelats? Maybe adding a few more ways of paying ( meaning paying by cellphones and more paypal like websites ) would have been fine. Gelat's is like a cash shop in an already p2p game that the players themselves are developing! Also, the global position applications are being accepted, which means you're even asking us to go around and mod each other and such too! >:O
Old 06-15-2008, 01:44 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Clockwork is so cute when he's angry.

The only thing I'm disappointed with (just to repeat myself) is the increase in price. I'm glad they got rid of the different packages and just stuck with one big one.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:44 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Clockwork is so cute when he's angry.
>:3
Old 06-15-2008, 02:17 PM
Worship is on a distinguished road
Why not release separate gold subscriptions for Zone, GK, and Playerworld for 200gelats a month?
That way with the 24.00 € you can choose if you'd rather have 1 year of subscription for one of the 3 options, or you can get the 8month subscription for all 3.
Old 06-15-2008, 03:19 PM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Is Graal supposed to appeal to European children or American children? If it is meant to appeal to European children then I guess I should leave. The prices should match the player base you are appealing to. So is this meant to say that you mean to make your game appealing to European players?