Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Zone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 10:08 PM
Führer Glazey
dude2020 is a jewel in the roughdude2020 is a jewel in the rough
Old Event weapons.

I'm talking about RPS, BPS, and Reapers.

They should of never became temp. Events are being hosted every sunday with one of these weapons as their prizes usually. You're making them less rare each time you host it.

If you want to have decent events on the server, get rid of the temp for these weapons and make them rarely hosted (Once a month atleast) and only allow gold members to be able to win these weapons (Look, a incentive to pay!). Annouce it ahead of time with the weapon that will be used and I assure you, the people who want one of these perms will be on Zone practicing with that weapon.

Speaking of weapon choices for events, have some creativity. I've been seeing boring weapons being used over and over (Melee DM and Chaingun mostly). This is probably due to trials being able to win event items, which I have no problem with, unless they become a problem to host events which they are. ET's are having to find weapons that anyone can use without it running out of ammo just so those Trials have a fair shot at the prize.

tl;dr version: Make RPS, BPS, and Reapers perm again and rarely host them along with trials not being able to recive them and ET's need to be more creative with event weapons.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:19 AM
Devil May Cry
Dante396 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Dante396 Send a message via AIM to Dante396 Send a message via MSN to Dante396 Send a message via Yahoo to Dante396
What's your idea of a creative deathmatch event? Im just saying theres different things different players like. And a melee or chaingun deathmatch event hasnt been hosted recently.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:08 PM
Führer Glazey
Player's don't have control whats hosted though. ET's should host want they want unless its something that is over hosted (Snowrace, Jumprace, that crappy map that you guys call Barrel Wars)

Combatknife only was a good one that I had you host.

I really need to see the choices of weapons as I don't remember all of them and currently cannot see them.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:12 PM
Devil May Cry
Dante396 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Dante396 Send a message via AIM to Dante396 Send a message via MSN to Dante396 Send a message via Yahoo to Dante396
There's not too many choices to be honest. There's always a complaint for everything
Old 07-28-2010, 08:16 PM
scooter123 can only hope to improve
So, as long as someone hosts something it's all good.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:40 PM
Führer Glazey
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter123 View Post
So, as long as someone hosts something it's all good.
No, its not all good. It gets boring and repeatitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante396 View Post
There's not too many choices to be honest. There's always a complaint for everything
This is because the ammo from the in-game shop was moved and trials are now allowed to win prizes. (Personally, I think they shouldn't be able to get weapons, just grenades/cakes. etc)
Old 07-28-2010, 10:48 PM
The Blackswan
pooper200000 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to pooper200000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante396 View Post
For variation, you can try weapon set combos. I remember Jesse posted some good weapon set combos that you could search and find. Part of the trick with events is not having them 24/7, otherwise they aren't fun breaks from gameplay. That is just my personal opinion though.

You could try building mazes on Koth. It is a lot of work, but it can be really unique. You could play "Musical chairs" with sleds. You'd have to figure out what would constitute as music, but it is just an idea. Team melee fights on gwars?

Maybe a command could be made to set a player's health to a couple thousand points (Just changing the existing /healplayers command to have another parameter I think) and juggernaut events could be made with a few improvements to the team commands. I'm not sure if it is possible, but maybe team commands can be made for deathmatch. I already know they exist for guild wars, but I can't remember if they work on other planets that don't have teams. Being able to assign players a specific team could make for some great hunt/kill events.

e: I also agree with John. Having permanent weapons hosted off very rarely (like 1 weapon every 3 to 6 month) would be a good idea. It gives people incentive and a reason to keep playing.

Last edited by pooper200000; 07-28-2010 at 11:25 PM.. Reason: Edit