Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2006, 01:46 AM
The Driftwood of Graal
GryffonDurime is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GryffonDurime
Questions and Concerns

As you all know, Konidias' Bomy Island project is going to entail serious revision of the Graal 2001. While all the loyal players of this server have voiced various concerns about the scope of these changes, we'd like to take this time to establish this thread as a permanent repository for any questions or concerns you may have regarding the development and direction of Bomy Island. We can’t promise any quick or detailed answers (some things are intended as surprises, and pleasant ones at that!), your worries and ideas will all be discussed and considered in order to improve Bomy Island. After all, a server is nothing without players and the players of Graal 2001 have been some of the most patient and loyal Graal has ever seen.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:57 PM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
npc kings sux0rs! I want my friend to be a king so that we can have absolute power over noobs. why are npc kings better?!
Old 06-05-2006, 07:42 PM
The Driftwood of Graal
GryffonDurime is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to GryffonDurime
Quote:
Originally Posted by konidias
npc kings sux0rs! I want my friend to be a king so that we can have absolute power over noobs. why are npc kings better?!
Koni, seriously, don't go poking the kodiac in the eye with a stick. It's just not smart.
Old 06-10-2006, 04:55 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by konidias
Oh yeah, I completely forgot about how you were going to ruin RPing for us.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:27 AM
A$AP
DarkHero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DarkHero
I have been faithful to 2001 for a long time . I have faith in you guys to make it good. Either way. The only reason I am here today is because of Bomy Lands/2001. I'll still be here when its done .

My concern is... We are starting back at nubs again. Are the things gonna still be same price, and the collectables. are they gonna be released over time, or some right away
Wow. I'm Back!
Old 06-06-2006, 08:18 AM
Old Bee
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHero
Are the things gonna still be same price, and the collectables. are they gonna be released over time, or some right away
The entire economy is different. Gralats have a different value than any other version of 2k1. In order to add more flexibility in prices, each gralat will start off at roughly the equivalent of 10 cents US currency. So it's like 5 gralats for a piece of bread. But also all jobs and things have different profits, so no need to worry about that.

Collectable items... well there are tons of things to collect. But if you're talking about rare items... There will be rare items when the server is released... But it's unlikely that many people will get any rare items the first couple of days or even week that the server is released. You won't be able to just buy them in a store or auction.

You might get a rare item from a long quest that requires the completion of many little quests. You might get one from accomplishing some sort of goal or record or something. But it wouldn't be immediate.

As for event items... I believe we'll be using a token/ticket thing. So that you won't be able to just win a rare item in one single event.

I'm going to do everything I can to make sure that everyone has a fair chance at getting limited edition items and rare items. I definitely did not like the fact that bomy pets and such were being auctioned off within a week of the last server release. Nobody really had enough money to buy those items for a decent value. A couple of day's worth of work should not let you be able to afford a bomy pet.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:59 PM
:o
Mykel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mykel Send a message via MSN to Mykel
My concern is...

that you will try to appease the "oldbies" too much. In all honesty, who cares what they want? Yes, they want G2K1 back, but what made it what it was, was the community, which will never be back.

Please tell me that you are not keeping too many things the same, because we have to have a fun server to play.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:10 PM
Old Bee
Well it's hard to explain what bomy island is going to be like... It's kind of like the "new super mario bros" game. Fresh new graphics, new areas, new content, but the same feel. I'm definitely not leaving everything the same. If that were the case, we wouldn't be spending so much time working on this. It could be released today.

But things will be familiar... to an extent... There is still bomboria with mostly the same buildings... still Harmonia and Bogenera, but with changed/new buildings... All the old jobs will be there, but they have been updated and vary in how much they have been changed.

But pretty much every single level will get updated with either new npcs, graphics, or change in tiles.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:57 AM
A$AP
DarkHero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DarkHero
I like the whole event coin idea (make sure they are logged ) I hated when i was working all hard to earn money then people wanted a event... had to use my own money..which i didnt mind pleasing people but i remmeber we took donations, like items and what not haha

The (Lance) 2001 i was events team, and it was hard with just 20 players.. i so tried to keep em on.. =P
Wow. I'm Back!
Old 06-08-2006, 01:39 AM
Proletariat
Kuza is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kuza Send a message via Yahoo to Kuza
Hi,

How will questing come into play? Will there be more group orienteded quests? Jumping quests? I hope the quests will be elaborate and take a while to complete. Maybe days to complete. Will there be a "quest log" with hints and descriptions or will each player have to adventure for quests?

How will monsters and AI come into play? Do you gain experience, money or rare item drops from them after they're slain? Perhaps quest items?

Last but not least I would like to know what means of transportation the new Graal2001 will feature. Thank you!
Old 06-08-2006, 01:59 AM
Old Bee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuza
Hi,

How will questing come into play? Will there be more group orienteded quests? Jumping quests? I hope the quests will be elaborate and take a while to complete. Maybe days to complete. Will there be a "quest log" with hints and descriptions or will each player have to adventure for quests?

How will monsters and AI come into play? Do you gain experience, money or rare item drops from them after they're slain? Perhaps quest items?

Last but not least I would like to know what means of transportation the new Graal2001 will feature. Thank you!
There will be many group oriented quests. The first quest we have planned requires I think 4 people to complete... There will be a jumping quest or two, I'm sure. Some quests will be short some will be long... there will definitely be quests that take more than a day to complete. There will be quests INSIDE of quests sometimes. There will probably be a quest log to show what you've completed, but it won't list any hints or quests you haven't discovered yet.

I don't think monsters will drop anything really... maybe a gralat or two. (remember gralat value has changed, so 1-2 gralats aren't really that much) I'm keeping this 2k1 style so that there is no experience gaining or leveling or stat boosting or anything like that... Monsters won't drop rare items either. They will just be there for quests and probably kingdom events just like on classic where the baddies were pretty much just there as part of a quest.

Bomy island transportation... haha... well... there's the train, bomy pets, walking/dashing/swimming, bird pets, horses, elephants, draisine, boats, the chair lifts, cliff lifts, and even... lillypads.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:36 PM
oldbie
brock128 is on a distinguished road
Is there going to be a bank or some place you can store your money?

On a similar note, how common are playerhouses going to be?
Old 06-09-2006, 08:54 PM
Old Bee
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock128

Can store things in your playerhouse...

and that's a surprise... :P
Old 06-10-2006, 02:19 AM
RED SQUARE CLUB
Damix2 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock128

Apparantly everyone gets a house
Old 06-09-2006, 09:17 PM
Proletariat
Kuza is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kuza Send a message via Yahoo to Kuza
Thanks for answering my questions so quickly. lol@the myriad of transporations!!!

Will there be timed quests which provide only a certain amount of time to complete. only so many people can be inside of the quest level at a time? That may or may not have made sense to you.

Will there be Beauty Parlors? Choose haircuts, skin color, eye color (contact lens?), hair dye, plastic surgery, etc. Maybe you could have normal tickets which are random and then VIP tickets which let you choose the style manually. (This whole paragraph is basically what a game I play has incorporated into their gameplay)

I hope the new playerhouses will have furniture and other neat stuff like FF11.