Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2015, 02:17 AM
Urahara112 has a spectacular aura about
"Relay" and Graal

Unholy Nation has been having a lot of trouble with cheaters using Relay. We can't seem to get rid of them, they continuously come back, and insist on dropping what appears to be bombs that disconnect multiple players in a single level. Modifying attributes they shouldn't be able to, eg. setting a hat to their player, spawning EP or money, and even setting warps.

My question is, what are our options? How can we stop these cheaters from returning? How can we prevent new cheaters from exploiting this?

We've been trying to deal with it for a while now. Working on detection and making changes to prevent these cheaters from coming right back so quickly. But nothing seems to be working thus far.

Advice?
Old 01-05-2015, 02:21 AM
Butterscotch Pudding
shrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to beholdshrimps is a splendid one to behold
Keep adding new hack detection over and over as if a circle of life. You add new detection, they get around it, you add new, they get around it.
Old 01-05-2015, 05:43 AM
Deleted by Darlene159
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud of
the problem with having just one set of detection and then trying to disconnect or server warp a relay user is that they can just block the packets from reaching the server

i find the best thing to do is have multiple sets of detection, and if one set finds that another set has been removed, crash the suckers client!

unholy nation however is in the unfortunate situation where someone can remove all weapons from themself (and thus detection) and still interact with the game fairly normally, i think it also has the disadvantage where it can not use the server option for disabling putbomb as it still uses default bombs?

ideally this would be tackled within a new client version
Old 01-05-2015, 03:27 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
I guess there aren't many options for normal playerworld users except getting custom systems as jakov kinda suggested, but I'm not too sure as I'm more used to developing on the mobile servers and adding protections against hackers on there (including relay users)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakov_the_Jakovasaur View Post
i think it also has the disadvantage where it can not use the server option for disabling putbomb as it still uses default bombs?
let's put it this way: it's easy to track down most of the putbomb functions being called and just replace them with a custom one, the time would be worth it if it could stop causing troubles
Old 01-05-2015, 05:18 PM
Unholy Nation
Starfire2001 will become famous soon enough
Yeah, oldbies are going to hate it, but disabling default bombs and replacing them with custom ones is the way to go.

EDIT: If they're really spawning EP or Gralats, there's a security issue with one of the systems on the server. Best of luck tracking that down.

Last edited by Starfire2001; 01-05-2015 at 06:32 PM..
Old 01-07-2015, 11:42 PM
Urahara112 has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the advice.

I've been told that these cheaters are using Testbed to test the cheats. Is there no whitelisting for Testbed?
Old 01-08-2015, 02:11 AM
Scripter
baseman101 will become famous soon enough
I think this works on UC servers. Sadly, the player could simply change their internal IP on their router and in their host file, defeating the purpose. There's no real way to block against Relay users, as they'll always have the ability to change packets (including scripts), thus defeating many detection attempts.

Please note that I haven't coded in GS2 for about a year or two, so this code may not work. It's the general idea, however.

PHP Code:
//#CLIENTSIDE
function onPlayerEnters() {

temp.host resolvehost("loginserver.graalonline.com");
  if(
temp.host == 127.0.0.1 || temp.host.starts("192.168.") || temp.host.starts("10.0.")) {

//trigger server

}

To sway the relay player away, it'd be best to hide this code in a weapon they wouldn't / couldn't block. For example, their display, a door, or something else.
Old 01-10-2015, 03:56 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
I've been figuring a solution a few days ago which seems to work just fine. As I've been gone I couldn't test it any further but now that I'm back I'll continue my work already offered my help to some servers

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseman101 View Post
PHP Code:
//#CLIENTSIDE
function onPlayerEnters() {

temp.host resolvehost("loginserver.graalonline.com");
  if(
temp.host == 127.0.0.1 || temp.host.starts("192.168.") || temp.host.starts("10.0.")) {

//trigger server

}

similar versions are used by many servers, doesnt seem to help at all. maybe to filter out the players trying out relay the first time
Old 01-10-2015, 04:04 PM
Deleted by Darlene159
Jakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud ofJakov_the_Jakovasaur has much to be proud of
if anybody wants to know how to go about crashing a relay users client rather than attempting to disconnect them, pm me
Old 01-16-2015, 07:02 AM
Zone iPhone Gani
rockstar is an unknown quantity at this point
Email [email protected] if you don't find a solution. He came on my server and set up a full detection system. Works like a charm!!
Email
Old 01-16-2015, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstar View Post
Email [email protected] if you don't find a solution. He came on my server and set up a full detection system. Works like a charm!!
The one you're having is mine btw Great to hear that it's working like a charm
Old 01-16-2015, 11:16 PM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
^
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 01-18-2015, 12:12 AM
Zone iPhone Gani
rockstar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by callimuc View Post
The one you're having is mine btw Great to hear that it's working like a charm
Rep+ for an amazing system.
Email
Old 01-18-2015, 10:38 AM
Deleted by Darlene159
hello!

i have seen the detection being discussed here and think there is a chance for false-positives to occur, particularly when a player logs in to a server for the first time and has a slow machine, poor connection or there is a server lag spike
Old 01-19-2015, 06:22 AM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
So far we havent experienced that
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]