Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting > New Scripting Engine (GS2)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2008, 01:16 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Drag'n'Drop for uploading is working for Windows and Linux. It's not working for the new external windows yet though, also you cannot use it for downloading yet, but that should be added of course.
On Windows RC it's doing it like that (opening the default program association, check for file update and reupload it then). For Mac and Linux that would require some more work, but at least the normal editing of text should be enabled.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:11 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
It would be good that if/when editing a file within the OS came along it could be done like SmartFTP does it on Windows and Cyberduck does it on OS X. You chose the file to edit, it opens in your chosen Text editor (TextMate OS X) and when you save it, it automatically gets reuploaded.
This is how the external RC does it on Windows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
There is already support for drag and drop in the script but it is only available on the Windows client at the minute. Support will most likely be added for Mac soon I think.
Wait .. why does Windows need this? Anyone in their right mind would be using the external RC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Drag'n'Drop for uploading is working for Windows and Linux. It's not working for the new external windows yet though, also you cannot use it for downloading yet, but that should be added of course.
Can we add this, because otherwise it's virtually impossible to use the file browser.
Quote:
On Windows RC it's doing it like that (opening the default program association, check for file update and reupload it then). For Mac and Linux that would require some more work, but at least the normal editing of text should be enabled.
Well, can we add this to Mac and Linux? Like I said, there's no way Windows would need this as they would use the external RC most likely.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:37 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkbud View Post
Wait .. why does Windows need this? Anyone in their right mind would be using the external RC.
There are quite a lot of people on Windows using the Scripted RC because it does not need downloading.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:38 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
There are quite a lot of people on Windows using the Scripted RC because it does not need downloading.
But not any serious developers ... especially not scripters.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:48 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
For Mac and Linux that would require some more work, but at least the normal editing of text should be enabled.
It would be very easy on Mac; the OS X developers have a command line tool which is used by Finder to open files and applications. You would just use an exec call:
HTML Code:
Usage: open [-e] [-t] [-f] [-W] [-n] [-g] [-h] [-b <bundle identifier>] [-a <application>] [filenames]
Help: Open opens files from a shell.
      By default, opens each file using the default application for that file.  
      If the file is in the form of a URL, the file will be opened as a URL.
Options: 
      -a                Opens with the specified application.
      -b                Opens with the specified application bundle identifier.
      -e                Opens with TextEdit.
      -t                Opens with default text editor.
      -f                Reads input from standard input and opens with TextEdit.
      -W, --wait-apps   Blocks until the used applications are closed (even if they were already running).
      -n, --new         Open a new instance of the application even if one is already running.
      -g, --background  Does not bring the application to the foreground.
      -h, --header      Searches header file locations for headers matching the given filenames, and opens them.
For instance:
HTML Code:
$ open test.txt
... opens test.txt either in the application it is associated with (some files have metadata which contains the program it was created in), or the default selected application otherwise.

The `open' command is not blocking unless you use the -W option; it terminates automatically once the new program has been opened successfully. The application appears as normal in the Dock though, or opens the document in the existing application process if it is already open.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:48 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Can try that yes
Old 04-27-2008, 08:12 PM
the fake one
Quote:
Can try that yes
How about releasing your level editor so I can start using Mac again?
Old 04-27-2008, 10:52 PM
The secret of NIMH
Robin will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Robin
Yeah might be nice to have a fully featured level editor, scripted or not. For Mac. Yus.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:40 AM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Quote:
How about releasing your level editor so I can start using Mac again?
I'm almost done with my nw level editor (which edits an actual opened nw file on the client or server instead of editing just the tiles on the current level the player is in) but I'm waiting for a few bug fixes with external windows before I can go on (GuiDrawingPanel transparency, polygon support, etc.).

As it stands right now I have almost all of the features that the external editor for Windows has completed (just need to fix the displaying of polygons and such for the external window). I also have tile layer support completely done (need DrawingPanel transparency fixed to really see it in all its glory though). The other features like paintbrushes, patterns and npc related things are still in mid-development.

This script I actually made about 1.5 - 2 years ago but stopped working on it when I discovered how laggy and hard to use it was with the internal windows. Recently I pulled the script out of a dusty closet and powered it up with the new external windows and not a bit of lag .
Old 04-28-2008, 10:56 PM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by zokemon View Post
I'm almost done with my nw level editor (which edits an actual opened nw file on the client or server instead of editing just the tiles on the current level the player is in) but I'm waiting for a few bug fixes with external windows before I can go on (GuiDrawingPanel transparency, polygon support, etc.).

As it stands right now I have almost all of the features that the external editor for Windows has completed (just need to fix the displaying of polygons and such for the external window). I also have tile layer support completely done (need DrawingPanel transparency fixed to really see it in all its glory though). The other features like paintbrushes, patterns and npc related things are still in mid-development.

This script I actually made about 1.5 - 2 years ago but stopped working on it when I discovered how laggy and hard to use it was with the internal windows. Recently I pulled the script out of a dusty closet and powered it up with the new external windows and not a bit of lag .
Gimme script

That sounds awesome.

Edit: Post screenshots ;o
Old 04-29-2008, 02:39 AM
That one guy...
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Quote:
Gimme script

That sounds awesome.

Edit: Post screenshots ;o
It needs better graphics (icons for the various tools) before I post a screenshot as I'm just using random tiles for the tool icons which just looks like gibberish.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:49 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
It needs better graphics (icons for the various tools) before I post a screenshot as I'm just using random tiles for the tool icons which just looks like gibberish.
I'll do some graphics for you once you do some scripts for me.

Re: GK
Old 04-29-2008, 02:52 AM
the fake one
Quote:
Just post the script

I'll figure it out.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:10 AM
That one guy...
Just wait till the bugs are fixed .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I'll do some graphics for you once you do some scripts for me.

Re: GK
It's not really for me considering Atexia doesn't even use normal .nw levels anyways.

I just thought I'd finish it up for the rest of the community.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:40 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Just wait till the bugs are fixed .

It's not really for me considering Atexia doesn't even use normal .nw levels anyways.

I just thought I'd finish it up for the rest of the community.
Hey, just because what I want is for me doesn't mean yours is about you. I can only care about one person at a time, and I'm first in line.

Now how about dem scripts?