Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2011, 02:24 PM
Mr. Rayleigh
MajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of lightMajinDragon is a glorious beacon of light
If it helps the pc version, cool.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:50 PM
alskdjfhg
alskdjfhg is on a distinguished road
This guy comes back out of nowhere with this? Unbelievable.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:08 PM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
I'll speak for Skyld as well when I say, "Woo!" for the Android client =]
Old 03-21-2011, 06:07 PM
Cyril Rain
sssssssssss will become famous soon enough
I think what we all want to know is what effects us out of this from this point and the soon future. The fact of the matter is graal on facebook is an advancement for graal nonetheless, but as pc players it's a completely different platform pretty much (being as it's not the client), so unixmad if you wouldn't mind directly answering these please:

1. Will pc subscriptions change before we eventually wait for playerworlds to change, or will playerworlds be forced to change, so graal can be super cheap/free since everything else is free (iphone/andriod/facebook)?

2. Will pc players EVER be able to play on the same servers with iphone/andriod/facebook? If only some, which ones?

3. Any hint at the new developer tools? Will they help with development on iphone/andriod/facebook?

4. Why should be we hyped about v6? What changes besides some scripts and small features?

We've always felt since like 08 or longer that pc graal is going to die, and all focus pretty much on making every other platform better or free or both is making it look like pc graal is going to die even more. We've gotta have changes to subscriptions or you will lose most developers eventually, and even more players. The pc people would probably LOVE to play with the iphone/andriod/facebook people on client, and would boost the pc version in the process of expanding to other platforms, as well as developers and content.
Elysium's Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/GraalOnlineElysium
Graal Forum Thread: http://forums.graalonline.com...
Graalians Thread: http://www.graalians.com...

Last edited by sssssssssss; 03-21-2011 at 06:46 PM..
Old 03-21-2011, 06:45 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
Go back and read the whole thread. Or even just all of unixmad's posts in the thread.
i did. he mentions briefly that once servers have switched to the item-based model that the servers can be free to play. this is not what i'm asking for, is not what i asked about, and frankly your reply was unneeded

maybe you should reread the entire thread so you can understand the context of my post better

and just to emphasize the point even more - PC graal going to an item-based economy to generate revenue is not going to happen to the classic-style servers anytime soon, unless they make changing colors on bodies (for example) something you have to buy, which would be terrible. what i'm asking about is a completely free PC graal and whether or not it is a possibility at all, not a pseudo-free PC graal where i have to purchase gelats (or whatever the hell they're called now) in order to change shoe color
Old 03-21-2011, 07:13 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
and just to emphasize the point even more - PC graal going to an item-based economy to generate revenue is not going to happen to the classic-style servers anytime soon, unless they make changing colors on bodies (for example) something you have to buy, which would be terrible. what i'm asking about is a completely free PC graal and whether or not it is a possibility at all, not a pseudo-free PC graal where i have to purchase gelats (or whatever the hell they're called now) in order to change shoe color
If they don't want to attempt to think outside the box then yeah they won't be able to introduce micro-transactions.

UN has a "hat economy" right? There's nothing stopping them from flooding their shop with a bunch of custom hats for say 25-50 Gelats a pop. I'm sure they can also provide a bunch of other aesthetic items as well.

The competence of the people running the server will decide whether it becomes Free-to-play or not. Not the limited options you say they'll have.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:28 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssssssssss View Post
2. Will pc players EVER be able to play on the same servers with iphone/andriod/facebook? If only some, which ones?
I would like to know this as well, as I would play on facebook, but not if I have to have an iphone or ipad to do so, because I cannot afford it...
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 03-21-2011, 07:39 PM
Deas
Deas_Voice is a jewel in the roughDeas_Voice is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Deas_Voice Send a message via MSN to Deas_Voice Send a message via Yahoo to Deas_Voice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
I'll speak for Skyld as well when I say, "Woo!" for the Android client =]
Woo!!
since 2003~
I Support~
ღAeonღ | ღTestbedღ | ღDelteriaღ

if you are going to rep me, don't be an idiot, leave your name!
I got nothing but love for you
Old 03-21-2011, 08:54 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad View Post
Making announcement with bad grammar is part of the Graal tradition, isn't it? But feel free to correct me
it seems like responding to questions or comments that aren't important or related to the thread is part of the graal tradition, also.

i'm doing it right now.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:59 PM
o.o
Switch has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Switch
I am disappointed. I came on here yesterday to see what was new and saw that you would be announcing something. "Okay, I'll come back tomorrow. Maybe it's G3D!"

I come on to see this crap. Instead of working on something already released you go and make another version of the same exact thing that probably won't have as much flexibility as the current PC Graal. You would think that a company would work to get more people attracted to an already almost-finished product rather than show off to a whole new user-base that probably won't stay for long. You would also think that they would work on something that had real potential, like Graal 3D. Nope! Instead of paying developers to make a game that many people were looking forward to and that would probably advance their game in the market, you go and make a whole new way to play, completely separate from the other ways, to open to a new user-base. Why is that? How long will those people really stay and play? After a week or two it would get so monotonous with no goal to it that people will leave. Personally, I would much rather a few Graal PC servers worked on by a real team of developers at Eurocenter that would eventually be a full game (advertised, people taking an interest, etc.) than having all of these platforms worked on by a team of PC players, thinning out developers, and playing separately with their user-base dying out soon enough. Also, instead of making this and the iPhone version only free to play, why not make PC Graal free to play with benefits you can buy (server, working on a UD server, etc.)?

tl;dr: This is crap. Eurocenter's whole business plan is crap. Whine, whine, whine.

Just my 2 cents.
Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye?
Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.

Last edited by Switch; 03-21-2011 at 09:14 PM..
Old 03-21-2011, 09:13 PM
Mr. Blu
Shards-Of-Fate will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Shards-Of-Fate Send a message via MSN to Shards-Of-Fate Send a message via Yahoo to Shards-Of-Fate
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
UN has a "hat economy" right? There's nothing stopping them from flooding their shop with a bunch of custom hats for say 25-50 Gelats a pop. I'm sure they can also provide a bunch of other aesthetic items as well..
Hats?

Zodiac being the closest to an MMO has like...One of the biggest cash shop arrays. Gear, Mounts, XP Items, Aesthetics~

o_o The question is--Are the rules/requirements for being a free to play server going to change?

Weee!~
Old 03-21-2011, 10:04 PM
C:
devilsknite1 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to devilsknite1 Send a message via MSN to devilsknite1 Send a message via Yahoo to devilsknite1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
This is not true. UN has many ideas for "gelat items" and are currently being developed. In fact, a few are already completed.
To FP4: we have more in mind than just flashy NPCs and hats
Old 03-21-2011, 10:07 PM
Grimm753 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Switch said it all. Thumbs up to you dude. Glad to see there's someone else with the same outlook on this.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:07 PM
Stay Frosty
WillaWonka will become famous soon enough
Damn i wanted the golden ticket to be a guess !
Old 03-21-2011, 10:43 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
I am disappointed. I came on here yesterday to see what was new and saw that you would be announcing something. "Okay, I'll come back tomorrow. Maybe it's G3D!"

I come on to see this crap. Instead of working on something already released you go and make another version of the same exact thing that probably won't have as much flexibility as the current PC Graal. You would think that a company would work to get more people attracted to an already almost-finished product rather than show off to a whole new user-base that probably won't stay for long. You would also think that they would work on something that had real potential, like Graal 3D.
G3D has no chance. There are many companies making 3D games right now with budgets of hundreds of millions of dollars for a single game. Eurocenter cannot compete, and they shouldn't try to. You're essentially saying that Graal should become an entirely different product even though they have now found a strategy that seems to work.