Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 11:54 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Majority of Graalians won't care to be honest. It is a shame but it would be nice if such smoothness and accuracy could be achieved without port-forwarding.
Port forwarding shouldn't be needed for server-to-client UDP (did Stefan actually remove this? ).
Old 10-13-2012, 12:02 AM
alskdjfhg
alskdjfhg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Majority of Graalians won't care to be honest. It is a shame but it would be nice if such smoothness and accuracy could be achieved without port-forwarding.
It'll probably kill the competition in events/pking/sparring for those who like things to register properly/smoothly
Old 10-13-2012, 12:28 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Along with the switch to UDP as the main Graal data protocol. I think there should be regional servers setup to relay player location information similar to hows others connected to each other using P2P (UDP). While this wouldn't necessarily make it smoother for people in NA to spar people in Europe it would make it better for people in Europe to spar each other.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:29 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
The new version v6.033 has been uploaded:

- Fixed problems with the volume of sounds in ganis on gmaps
- GuiMLTextEditCtrl: Shows spaces at the end of the document
- GuiMLTextCtrl, menus: stop selecting or close menus when you move the mouse out of the window
- Drawing of showimgs on drawing panels should work better now (not clipped to 64x64 pixels)
- Improved the speed of drawing ganis with multiple body sprites in the same frame (less texture updates)
Old 10-13-2012, 07:54 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
- GuiMLTextCtrl, menus: stop selecting or close menus when you move the mouse out of the window
That's not the right solution. It shouldn't cancel highlighting if your mouse moves out of the text area/window because it still means you have to be very precise to highlight. It should maintain highlighting but also keep checking mouse input and look for if you let go of the left button.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:33 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
This is good and bad. Good in that it doesn't do what I said anymore but bad in that when you're highlighting if your mouse goes outside the window it stops highlighting.

In an RC text window you can highlight and your mouse can leave the boundaries of the window but it keeps track of the mouse position and buttons so when you left off the mouse button it stops highlighting.

You can see what I mean by opening a large script (1000+ lines) and trying to highlighting the entire thing using your mouse. Here's an example of what I'm asking for:

Old 10-13-2012, 09:01 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Could the fact that no sounds are played while Graal isn't the selected window possibly be an option rather than forced?
It's quite useful to be able to hear a player whistle to you while Graal is minimised, or even as you're typing a PM as that also prevents sounds.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:38 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
That's not the right solution. It shouldn't cancel highlighting if your mouse moves out of the text area/window because it still means you have to be very precise to highlight. It should maintain highlighting but also keep checking mouse input and look for if you let go of the left button.
Yes but it's a compromise, will need to somehow get the input when it's outside, can check it sometime. Any bigger problem which still needs to be fixed before official v6 release?
Old 10-13-2012, 10:15 PM
dragonfire08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down

Quote:
Yes but it's a compromise, will need to somehow get the input when it's outside, can check it sometime. Any bigger problem which still needs to be fixed before official v6 release?
yes, the last 2 versions of v6 have been what i've considered finally tolerable lag wise but v5 is still faster in pretty much all ways than the current beta of v6. the input lag from the keyboard on v5 is way less than it is on v6 still. v5 still handles npc and gani spams way better than v6 lag wise. for windows users you should update the version of directx graal uses, what is it directx7? would directx 9 be a big issue? everytime i log into a server with v6 i need to push my tab key twice or click inside the graal window in order to be able to walk anywhere, this is annoying. also when installing v5 and v6 freshly to compare the 2 i notice a difference with their installers. the difference is when u install v5 the files game_config and game_console are both placed on the desktop with the graal shortcut, when doing this with the v6 installer only the game_ config file is placed on the desktop with the graal shortcut. is this intended? just curious. when comparing the 2 versions i assure you that ive properly deleted anything graal related from both my c drive and regedit with ctrl+f and have freshly reinstalled both of them (not at the same time of course) by right clicking their setup files and saying run as admin. my video drivers aren't broken either :P so there is no logical reason for v6 to be all around more laggy fps and input wise than v5 is . like 8/10 people i ask say v6 is more laggy for them so thats why theyre still using v5. if you release v6 now and force v5 users to update many people will be unsatisfied and unhappy i assure you.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:22 PM
team canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire08 View Post
"lag" complaint
Try changing to OpenGL mode in F3.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:25 PM
also here is a list of errors that happen on zodiac every time i open the client now with this new update.

C:/Users/jake/Graal/webfiles/http%058%047%047external%046ak%046fbcdn%046net%047 safe_image%046php%063d%061AQB%0459%0459ErpLQEJkg%0 38w%06190%038h%06190%038url%061http%0373A%0372F%03 72Fwww%046graalonline%046com%0372Fthemes%0372Fplay erworlds%0372Fimages%0372Ftrynow%046png for writing!
File download: zodiacminimap.txt not found
File download: hat.png not found
File download: tempsitcbd.ttf not found
File download: neg_discipline.png not found
File download: secret~3.gif not found
File download: elk_zodlight.gif not found
File download: shopglobal_gelat.png not found
File download: hat10008.png not found

seems the client still cant download all the needed files

script errors
Script: Function CT.destroy not found in function onPlayerEnters in script of Weapon +ClassTrainer
Script: Function CMP.destroy not found in function onCreated in script of Weapon +ClassMasteryPoints
Script: Function QuestInfo.destroy not found in function onCreated in script of Weapon +Quest
Script: Function QuestInfo.destroy not found in function onPlayerEnters in script of Weapon +Quest
Script: Function esub not found in function GetCritical of systemfunctions in script of Weapon -AntiHack
Script: Function Player dragonfire08.sendMessage not found in function onCreated in script of Weapon +ChatChannels
Script: Function getMoonPhase not found in function gmoon of systemfunctions in script of Weapon +Status

plz fix
Old 10-13-2012, 10:34 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
The past 2 versions of V6 have caused a bug with a certain gani, which doesn't seem to be related to files not being found.

V5:

Name:  shackv5.png
Views: 252
Size:  1.7 KB

V6:

Name:  shackv6.png
Views: 232
Size:  1.5 KB

Gani is attached.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: gani classic_player_buildshack_01.gani (23.5 KB, 564 views)
Old 10-13-2012, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Try changing to OpenGL mode in F3.
i did sir, opengl is less laggy indeed. i was just mentioning the directx stuff because i would just like the directx version in v6 to be superior than opengl in the windows version :P
Old 10-13-2012, 10:58 PM
Hoyt1134 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The new version v6.033 has been uploaded:
- Drawing of showimgs on drawing panels should work better now (not clipped to 64x64 pixels)
Thanks for working on this! I've been looking forward to using this feature.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:54 AM
Graal Administration
Please stay on topic, and try to keep the problem short and easy to understand and no jokes please, the goal is to finish and release v6, it's been five years since the last release and we can't keep doing so another five years.

About gani: don't use extremely huge textures, if possible no graphics larger than 1024x1024 pixels. This means no tilesets as npc graphic (@ffcmike)
About DirectX: it's using DirectX 9, this should be more compatible than v5 although some graphic drivers might actually be slower. On the other hand we have made a lot of optimizations. Please download and use the latest version before posting lag problems.
About Zodiac errors: I'm not sure what the problem with the serverlist news image is, but the other errors are Zodiac related.
About selecting text: you can hover the mouse over the scrollbar or bottom bar with the line number to get it scrolling. I can understand that it's not perfect but it should not be something which prevents the release of v6.

Seriously, what is needed before releasing v6?
Please report problems like:
- crashes
- broken functionality
- major compatibility problems on servers

Tags
graal v6, windows