Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Future Expectations?
PC Graal has a great future. Retro games will never die out. 7 17.95%
Not much will change, the upcoming updates may help Graal grow, but it won't be groundbreaking. 19 48.72%
It will continue to die slowly, people need to move on and stop chasing the past. 8 20.51%
Graal will be dead soon. 5 12.82%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-14-2011, 04:43 AM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
I can't really decide, I've heard so little about what's going on with v6.

What would really help us? Masking effects!

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 04-14-2011, 05:45 AM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
MattKan, right on point. :C I honestly couldn't say it any shorter. ;]
Probably take a paragraph of examples. Anyway, agree with you also.

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 04-14-2011, 05:51 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
you know, i dont usually do this but im gonna have to disagree with mattkan about stefan and unixmad not caring about graal. if they didnt care, v6 wouldn't be in the works and stefan wouldn't be asking for feedback from the community.

the bigger problem is that both can be rather stubborn and just dont listen to the community when they dont want to. its their game so fair enough, but a lot of what we've been chiming over the years has been right. :/
Old 04-14-2011, 06:16 AM
Mr. Blu
Shards-Of-Fate will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Shards-Of-Fate Send a message via MSN to Shards-Of-Fate Send a message via Yahoo to Shards-Of-Fate
You know what, **** it, I'll be ask this question.

What can we as developers do to help make graal a better "product"?

Weee!~
Old 04-14-2011, 06:29 AM
David K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shards-Of-Fate View Post
You know what, **** it, I'll be ask this question.

What can we as developers do to help make graal a better "product"?
Well, for starters, working together would be helpful. However, so many servers fail, most of the good DEVs don't want to help smaller servers. ^.^.

I'd probably do the same...

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 04-14-2011, 01:38 PM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
Contributing towards to the so-called "slow death of graal"; get of your ass and develop something beautiful - we don't get paid and never have for our material and if a server such as G2k1 can establish something so magnificent with it's development being 10 years ago I'm confident in the future of PC graal with the updates over the years.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:42 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanDaMan View Post
Contributing towards to the so-called "slow death of graal"; get of your ass and develop something beautiful - we don't get paid and never have for our material and if a server such as G2k1 can establish something so magnificent with it's development being 10 years ago I'm confident in the future of PC graal with the updates over the years.
Except, you know, 10 years ago expectations were lower...and we had more developers...and Stefan worked on it.

I just wish GATs that still play Graal would stop wasting their time ADDing through a million unfinished projects and just help the public ones. Lately I find myself trying to do new things level wise but hit a brick wall because I have no one to make my tiles.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:13 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I just wish GATs that still play Graal would stop wasting their time ADDing through a million unfinished projects and just help the public ones. Lately I find myself trying to do new things level wise but hit a brick wall because I have no one to make my tiles.
They would do that if the current public servers didn't suck ass, I guess thats why they try to make something new and exciting
to bad it takes so damn much effort to make a server and the skilled developers that still plays graal are few and we don't really get a steady flow of new skilled developers to graal as you have to pay to dev :P

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:36 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
I've been a pretty big critic of Graal's handling for quite a while now, but having spoken to Stefan a couple of days ago, I have to say that provided his plans aren't empty promises the future of Graal isn't anywhere near as bleak as many including myself have imagined.

I can't help thinking that with a greater level of communication towards the dev + player community as to what the plans are, everyone would be alot more supportive.
But the way it's been, we've more or less been left in the dark for years.
It's under these circumstances that it's very easy to feel as if PC Graal is being neglected.

My advise is that even though the recent news may seem like a kick to the teeth of those that have stood by Graal for years, it's not really worth sitting around feeling sorry for ourself over it.
It's a sad reality, but PC Graal is always going to be the player's responsibility to Develop. Hopefully Stefan's intentions as to how this can play out will come to light sooner rather than later, as I think it would spur more developers into action.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:05 PM
hey thor...

Old 04-14-2011, 07:04 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
I like how Stefan himself voted the best option for Graal. Let's hope he's confident enough to make the changes happen.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:05 PM
Zormite
BigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond reputeBigBear3 has a reputation beyond repute

Graal should be on this bad boy. Would be so cooool!
Old 04-14-2011, 09:21 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear3 View Post

Graal on this bad boy would be so cooool!
uhh... no :P
but this is epic Click ME

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:25 AM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
I think Graal is dieing a slow death due to lack of proper attention. I still think that things could turn around though if the right steps were taken.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:40 PM
David K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
I think Graal is dieing a slow death due to lack of proper attention. I still think that things could turn around though if the right steps were taken.
Agreed, and with that stated, people should come to the game server and help out to make something wonderful. ^.^;

I can promise it will be nothing like most have seen before on Graal.
Or at least the movement system is slightly different. >.>;

However, it won't progress far without NATs helping to develop games..
I've spent three days trying to make blackjack... semi done I think x.x; lol
the cards show, move.. such.. just need to redo the positions or think of another way to get them to their spots lol..

I put in on hold to make the movement system, and avatar.. I'd like to be able to post under the new server spot but actually have something to show x.x; The program I use to make my graphics has a new interface and is taking me longer then I expected..

-EDIT-
As I am the only who will be doing graphics, I can't promise many avatars.. possibly 8 skins, a few heads lol

www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz