Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2010, 07:33 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I just feel that people will be changing their community names a lot, like nicknames really.
He mentioned it would be a one-time thing
Old 07-18-2010, 07:37 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
I don't see what changes? Apparently people don't understand the logic of community and account names
I will know. I WILL KNOW.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:39 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
As far as I'm concerned, the older players are scared of these new Graal# accounts because they are not supported at all. People view Graal# accounts as a bastardization of the original account system, but it's not really. Coincidently, I also believe servers don't have the motivation TO support them, because it's something that only really affects new players.

My account name is clean, I have no problem with it what-so-ever, but I see people who have issues with what they had chosen every single day. People want to keep their subscriptions, people want to keep their hours, but they want to be able to rename their accounts and it shouldn't take months of bugging Stefan to do so. This should have been done from the start.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:44 PM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
The major two problems are:
  • Account names can't be changed without losing all your data. (This is why community names were introduced in the first place.)
  • People can change their community names, so it may be possible to silently change your identity with no one noticing (if there are no account names shown anywhere).
Old 07-18-2010, 07:49 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
Account names can't be changed without losing all your data. (This is why community names were introduced in the first place.)
alexandralove -> Soala
Gerami -> Crono
whatever chris was -> cbk1994
Old 07-18-2010, 07:52 PM
Banned
WhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to beholdWhiteDragon is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
alexandralove -> Soala
Gerami -> Crono
whatever chris was -> cbk1994
And I'm pretty sure all those people lost their data on their servers. If not, they had to set up some special deal with whatever server to manually go in and rename all information related to their account (and not all servers can do that).
Old 07-18-2010, 07:56 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDragon View Post
The major two problems are:
  • Account names can't be changed without losing all your data. (This is why community names were introduced in the first place.)
  • People can change their community names, so it may be possible to silently change your identity with no one noticing (if there are no account names shown anywhere).
You can do the #2 right now if you've got a new account. I don't see how it is that much of a problem though.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:24 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
My account name was never changed. I've myself made a 2nd account and made it gold. I then registered on forums and ONLY the forums stuff were merged to this new account. My old account on forums just now shows as Soala, and I believe it didn't take long to Stefan to do that.

For stuffs ingame, I do have two accounts, and the new one doesn't have the stats and server data of the first one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
You can do the #2 right now if you've got a new account. I don't see how it is that much of a problem though.
That's true, but only once.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:40 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
more i thinik about it the more i kind of like this idea, mostly because it would force servers to get rid of graal# and work with community names only :3

still think it's a "weaker" identity indicator but whatever
Old 07-18-2010, 09:18 PM
Hazard to Graal
Jiroxys7 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
It can't be done, anyway.
Good. Besides, its a pretty terrible idea because I could see it bringing problems such as, for example, people grabbing another person's old account name. Especially when it works by initially resetting the community names and the account names of all older players..

example: Instead of taking the name "Jiroxys7" for myself, I take a different name. Especially the names of admins. like you, TSAdmin or I could steal the name of any other global. Any player would of course have the opportunity to do this, and it probably would happen, and therefore would result in a massive problem.
To go deeper into a worse-case scenario, a player who intends to scam accounts immediately grabs Stefan's name, or the name of another high-up global. Then the imposter could threaten newbies with claims that their account will be terminated if they dont provide their account info. As well as other things too.

Then there's the lesser, but still serious problem of players stealing the original account names of other players, impersonating other people, which would cause confusion and mayhem I'm sure.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:28 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiroxys7 View Post
example: Instead of taking the name "Jiroxys7" for myself, I take a different name. Especially the names of admins. like you, TSAdmin or I could steal the name of any other global. Any player would of course have the opportunity to do this, and it probably would happen, and therefore would result in a massive problem.
To go deeper into a worse-case scenario, a player who intends to scam accounts immediately grabs Stefan's name, or the name of another high-up global. Then the imposter could threaten newbies with claims that their account will be terminated if they dont provide their account info. As well as other things too.
If they did do it, current account names would definitely be assigned as their community name to avoid this.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:36 PM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiroxys7 View Post
Then there's the lesser, but still serious problem of players stealing the original account names of other players, impersonating other people, which would cause confusion and mayhem I'm sure.
I'm 99% sure that pre-Graal# accounts already have their account assigned as their community name.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:45 PM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
hell no.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:10 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
more i thinik about it the more i kind of like this idea, mostly because it would force servers to get rid of graal# and work with community names only :3
Internally, you will always have to use accounts (to store data and so on).
Old 07-18-2010, 10:23 PM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
It would be nicer if the accounts were like G# instead of Graal#.

Meh, we wouldn't be in this situation if introduction of community names wasn't so haphazard.