FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 03:54 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Their attempt at 3d was nothing like OoT... which maybe it should have been.
my thoughts exactly when graal3D first came out
Old 10-07-2009, 11:38 PM
Shaun will become famous soon enough
Graal 3D looks like it's come a long way since that ugly cyan website and the floating platforms.

Doesn't look like Graal though.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:31 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Doesn't look like Graal though.
No matter how good it looked/played it wouldn't ever play like Graal as we know it either! I like the different gameplay of the '2d' Graal
Old 10-08-2009, 08:33 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Their attempt at 3d was nothing like OoT... which maybe it should have been.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
my thoughts exactly when graal3D first came out
I disagree, I think they should have first tried something they had already gotten right, which was the 2D gameplay. It could have been the same 2D graal we know it except in 3D. This would have given them a chance to make the game look much prettier and yet keep a server like Classic up to date. New and neat futures such as 3D swimming (like, actual water depth) and jumping would have opened a lot of gameplay and questing possibilities. I for one think it would have been really nice, but I suppose it's too late now.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I disagree, I think they should have first tried something they had already gotten right, which was the 2D gameplay. It could have been the same 2D graal we know it except in 3D. This would have given them a chance to make the game look much prettier and yet keep a server like Classic up to date. New and neat futures such as 3D swimming (like, actual water depth) and jumping would have opened a lot of gameplay and questing possibilities. I for one think it would have been really nice, but I suppose it's too late now.
Well you already know that I like the idea of using 3D to portray 2D... but back then that was a largely unexplored area for even large game developers. Then, even while cool, you have to wonder... what's the point? Would it offer the drastic change needed to justify 2D > 3D? Especially if it was just remaking a server like Classic. Wouldn't it all just feel way too familiar way too fast? I wouldn't object to it, but I think if they were to experiment with 3D, they'd try actual 3D first.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:52 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Well you already know that I like the idea of using 3D to portray 2D... but back then that was a largely unexplored area for even large game developers. Then, even while cool, you have to wonder... what's the point? Would it offer the drastic change needed to justify 2D > 3D? Especially if it was just remaking a server like Classic. Wouldn't it all just feel way too familiar way too fast? I wouldn't object to it, but I think if they were to experiment with 3D, they'd try actual 3D first.
They would have a stable 3D environment that they can feel confident about. They could experiment with filters and then begin with different perspectives. Graal would have an edge over it's competitors because no one else really offers such a world. Any server they would pick to remake into 3D would look miles better than what it does now. 2D Zelda keeps updating alttp with minor visual upgrades and it seems to sell, doesn't it? I mean it's the same **** everytime but hey it's popular.

Dev tools would have eventually been made (LOL YEAH RIGHT) so players could begin developing content as well!
Old 10-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
They would have a stable 3D environment that they can feel confident about. They could experiment with filters and then begin with different perspectives. Graal would have an edge over it's competitors because no one else really offers such a world. Any server they would pick to remake into 3D would look miles better than what it does now. 2D Zelda keeps updating alttp with minor visual upgrades and it seems to sell, doesn't it? I mean it's the same **** everytime but hey it's popular.

Dev tools would have eventually been made (LOL YEAH RIGHT) so players could begin developing content as well!
That would be awesome !
Old 10-08-2009, 09:31 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:

Like I said, I don't disagree, but at the same time OoT was 2D Zelda in a 3D world. Not much in terms of gameplay really changed.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:35 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Like I said, I don't disagree, but at the same time OoT was 2D Zelda in a 3D world. Not much in terms of gameplay really changed.
who are you trying to fool? the change between 2D and 3D is far to large and different to say that nothing in terms of gameplay changed - it changes everything about the nature of sword play, aiming, running, sidehits, etc.

now, portraying 2D in a 3D environment would be awesome, and i agree that it really wouldn't change anything - but that's what would be awesome about it. aesthetically default graal tiles and graphics needs to be redone, and making it 3D would be pretty: i'm imagining the same kind of change they made on pokemon from RSE to DP
Old 10-10-2009, 08:45 PM
Shaun will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark910 View Post
No matter how good it looked/played it wouldn't ever play like Graal as we know it either! I like the different gameplay of the '2d' Graal
The first Graal 3D stuff was Graal'ish :-/
Old 10-20-2009, 09:40 AM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
I don't think Graal 3D is ever gonna happen anymore... :[