Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2012, 02:14 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emera View Post
Scripted a chat system. Have fun <3
I'm kinda bored of seeing the same old layout for servers chat systems. Can't you be a bit more creative?

P.s. I'm not attacking you or anything... I'm just simply stating my opinion
Old 05-06-2012, 12:22 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricxta View Post
I'm kinda bored of seeing the same old layout for servers chat systems. Can't you be a bit more creative?

It's incredibly convenient, and there's really not much else to do in terms of a simple text display if you don't want it to be horribly useless (see GK).
Old 05-06-2012, 12:55 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricxta View Post

I completely agree with you, and I did try for quite a while to tweak it and give it some individual features, but going with what Crow said, these kind of systems have to have a decently clear layout to remain readable. I could add some icons to the text or something?
Old 05-10-2012, 11:19 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Me and Stowen have decided to start redoing quite a few of Corinthia's systems that we feel could be recoded to a far higher standard. I've been typing away for a few days now, and have managed to get quite a lot done considering the time I've had to do everything in. Here's what we've introduced.
  • A brand new inventory system. This system shows the icons of the weapons you currently have instead of listing them. Hovering over an icon will show the weapon's name.
  • The news system has also been recoded, and now matches the other systems. It uses a backing image instead of a window and neatly lists the news without having 10 bajillion buttons hovering around it. You can easily view all of the news by using your mouse wheel to scroll up and down.
  • The mining system has been redone too. The original mining system used to show this ugly text that took up a large area of your screen. Now, the NPC's chat text shows how close you are to finishing mining the rock. After you collect your rock, you can sell them to an NPC at the back of the mines for Gralats. Wearing a miners hat will half the time it takes to mine a rock too!
  • The hat viewing system and the hat storage method has been completely redone. Your hats are now stored in clientr flaga rather than an NPC, which doesn't really effect gameplay but it's a cleaner storage method none the less. When you fire the hat viewer, the player's hats are shown above their heads, and you can use the arrow keys to scroll through the hats.
  • The hat shop system has been redone too. It used to use an edit of callimuc's say2 system. It now uses backing images and simple text to display only what is needed.
  • A simple banking system has been introduced. Players can now store their Gralats in the bank, and can view their bank balance, deposit Gralats and withdraw Gralats as they please from the bank below the OSL building.
  • The tailor system has been redone. It now matches all of the other GUI styles, and looks neater. The original used a gui window and some bold text, now it uses a nice backing image and text that fits the theme.

These changes aren't yet available to players though since we plan to introduce all of the new content at the same time. If you would like to help us beta test the new content, PM me or Stowen in-game or even on the forums, and we'll happily add the new content to your character.

What I'm currently working on recoding
  • The spar system
  • The nations system/GUI
  • Questing
  • Chat system
  • Shop system
  • Guilds system
  • Boat transport system
  • HUD

If you'd like to make any suggestions, just put them in a post and I'll read them!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bank.png
Views:	169
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	54607   Click image for larger version

Name:	hatshop.png
Views:	153
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	54608   Click image for larger version

Name:	inventory.png
Views:	149
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	54610   Click image for larger version

Name:	news.png
Views:	162
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	54612   Click image for larger version

Name:	tailor.png
Views:	140
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	54613  

Attached Images

Old 05-11-2012, 01:38 AM
Owner of Corinthia
r3ckless is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to r3ckless Send a message via MSN to r3ckless
We are trying to keep it Classic, so we are using the sign background to replace most GUI windows.

P.S Please don't edit the Boat Transport. Gunderak is going to handle that :P

Yep.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:19 PM
Delterian Hybrid
New updates
Replaced the old chat system with something more unique and have also recoded the warp ring system. The beta systems have been released to the players, and I'm currently working on creating some events for the event system while Stowen is working on finished the town to the east.

Warp demonstration
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	corinchat.PNG
Views:	154
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	54717  
Old 05-25-2012, 02:28 AM
DeCeaseD will become famous soon enough
Not too bad ladies. But, on that warp system.. is it just me or do you see yourself warp during the screen fading in.. ? Awefully weird to do it that way, don't you think?
Old 05-25-2012, 03:06 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCeaseD View Post
Not too bad ladies. But, on that warp system.. is it just me or do you see yourself warp during the screen fading in.. ? Awefully weird to do it that way, don't you think?
If you're lagging and get warped, it can register in script before the level you see on-screen actually renders.

I believe you could avoid this by using triggerclient to make your screen fade back in, instead of a client-side timeout checking for level/position changes.

The effect is kind of boring/slow though.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:19 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
You should use an approach like pokemon and use some kinda mask transition, or maybe try do a similar warp transition emulation to zelda like what dusty did.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:19 PM
DeCeaseD will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
If you're lagging and get warped, it can register in script before the level you see on-screen actually renders.

I believe you could avoid this by using triggerclient to make your screen fade back in, instead of a client-side timeout checking for level/position changes.

True. I just didn't know if he intended to do it this way. Although, I'd imagine not.

But yes, I do agree. It is pretty boring for a warp.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:15 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post

I'm using waitfor() to pause the code for about 0.4 seconds while the screen is black, warp the player and then start the fade out animation. I though about using a triggers, but decided against it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCeaseD View Post
The reason for this is that camstudio must have been eating my PC up, because it doesn't do that when I'm not recording. :P
Old 06-04-2012, 07:07 PM
Delterian Hybrid
We've decided to scrap the old black bar at the top for a more concise GUI layout. This new one fits the theme we're aiming for and displays the necessities clearly and neatly to the edge of the screen. It shows your health, mana, bomb and arrow count and your selected weapon.
Attached Images

Old 06-04-2012, 07:16 PM
Graalian since '01
Stowen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Stowen Send a message via MSN to Stowen
Excellent work, Emera.
Also, the Fishing shop has been opened in Eastport. I am working daily on the overworld, but it is hard to get alot of levels released when I am the only one working on them. If anybody wants to help, check out the Playerworld Hirings forum, or login. We are now working on a casting system for the Nation-specific weapons. These weapons, and this system will use the mana and your nations element to cause damage, or defense, to and from other players! More updates will come soon!
Old 06-12-2012, 01:05 AM
Delterian Hybrid

Corinthia's spell system. I figured a YouTube video will better suit the forums than an explanation.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:55 AM
Delteria
Cloven has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Cloven
I just had a flashback to playing Destrega on the PSO.