Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2017, 05:02 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
show me your TextControls
I eventually removed the font type option, but I believe the script looked something like this:

PHP Code:
new GuiMLTextCtrl("say3_text") {

useownprofile true;

profile.fonttype "FONT NAME";

profile.fontcolor = { 255255255255 };

profile.textshadow true;

profile.shadowoffset = { 2};

profile.shadowcolor = { 00};

profile.fontsize 32;

htmllinks true;

width say3_scroll.width 10;

height say3_scroll.height 10;

0;

text " ";

In place of FONT NAME I used the font name inside of the .ttf file (in this case I was testing using a Zelda font, Return of Ganon I think). I also used the file name itself (returnofganon.ttf I believe).
Old 10-16-2017, 05:49 AM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
profile.fonttype = ""; is correct but without the extension

you can also do this

text = "<font face=arial>TEXT</font>"; //don't add extensions (if its GUIMLTextCtrl)
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 10-16-2017, 06:04 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
profile.fonttype = ""; is correct but without the extension

you can also do this

text = "<font face=arial>TEXT</font>"; //don't add extensions (if its GUIMLTextCtrl)
I tried that as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by F2 Log
File download: returnofganonbd.ttf not found
folder config has:
file fonts/*.ttf
and the font is uploaded to fonts/

I will try with another font to see if maybe it is an issue with the font itself.

EDIT I've tried a few different fonts and none of them download. I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but occasionally we have an error message about a japanese file type being too large to download in RC.
Old 10-16-2017, 06:59 AM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
I wonder since its G2k1 if the NPC-Server is outdated and doesn't support it. i'll have to investigate more.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 10-16-2017, 09:51 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
I wonder since its G2k1 if the NPC-Server is outdated and doesn't support it. i'll have to investigate more.
That would be good. We have frequent disconnects and would be cool if possible to have more server memory. For stuff like events, the disconnect issue is a big problem.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:07 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
That would be good. We have frequent disconnects and would be cool if possible to have more server memory. For stuff like events, the disconnect issue is a big problem.
I agree. The disconnects are a bit tedious. It makes communicating between staff a bit harder when you leave them a message in RC or via PM and they end up being disconnected before they read it. Also annoying when trying to bug fix, because the error is most commonly encountered when a level is updated.
Old 10-28-2017, 05:02 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
Quote:
Requested file DroidSansFallback.ttf is larger than the maximum allowed file size (1048576)
Default game file(s) found (relative to levels/, max 50 files):
mainfiles/fonts/DroidSansFallback.ttf: not downloadable because size is over download limit, 3727996 byte, 2013-09-09 10:33:32
This is the specific error related to fonts we've been experiencing. I'm not even sure why it is being prompted. I can't find anything related to that file name inside of the scripts.