Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2007, 10:45 AM
Enigma
Andy0687 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspiration View Post
Anything to make Graal into more of a community and less of server vs server would be good.
Disagree, half of the fun of graal right now is when those cherry newbs from UN come over and try to PK us on Npulse.

I like server vs server
Old 04-16-2007, 02:50 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy0687 View Post
Disagree, half of the fun of graal right now is when those cherry newbs from UN come over and try to PK us on Npulse.

I like server vs server
Haha, i remember when they tryed to make that plan to try and takeover NP i guess meaning pk wise. Im not in their guild though, and i will never want too.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 04-17-2007, 12:20 AM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
A hubworld would allow for a structured serverwar. Hubworld Forts could be programmed (I tinkered with it a bit) to recognize home-servers over guilds, and portals could be programmed to key to the forts...so NPulse taking over UN's portal could be a fairly serious loss. (not enough to utterly block newbies from trying UN, just enough to be an annoyance...)

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 04-17-2007, 12:34 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy0687 View Post

I like server vs server
I would give just about anything to have one of those wars where my hands got cramps from hitting the spacebar for so long. So much fun....
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 04-17-2007, 02:04 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrobo2 View Post
What they could do is introduce global items and have markets for you to trade them there and stores where you can buy things and such.
Your plan for hubworld seems to be this:

1. Make hubworld.
2. Make everybody use it even though they don't want to.
3. Try to invent reasons for them to use it even though they don't like it.

This is a general problem that seems to arise whenever a developer comes up with a "WHOAMG GENIUS" idea (to him) and then makes everybody use it because he thinks it will make them realize how "WHOAMG GENIUS" it is. The fact is, for the vast majority of players, hubworld would detract from the quality of their playing experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyhm View Post
For a time Classic was the hubworld, and it was nice because (while a lot of people disagreed with how the LAT Admin and defacto manager handled things) there was a Default, there was a definitive Level 14. I think Graal needs that, we can't even talk on the current login server; unless you meet up with someone on the target server, you can't really play together-and since the playercount Is spread out among the dozen or two of servers, it's hard to Chance Upon someone. If Graal had a "lobby", there'd be a populated place for bored people to meet up and complain about how boring Graal's gotten until some newbie comes up and yells "OMG HALP NEED HALP TO BEAT HH1!", and then they can alternatively serverhop and lead him through it or PK him, as is traditional.
You seem to think you can relive or restore the experiences you had back then by restoring the old structure. This was tried with 2K1 and it failed horribly. If Graal had never moved past Classic, or had never moved past 2K1, it wouldn't still be like it was back in the heyday of Classic/2K1, it would just be dead.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:31 AM
In the real world ogod.
Skrobo2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi View Post
Your plan for hubworld seems to be this:

1. Make hubworld.
2. Make everybody use it even though they don't want to.
3. Try to invent reasons for them to use it even though they don't like it.

This is a general problem that seems to arise whenever a developer comes up with a "WHOAMG GENIUS" idea (to him) and then makes everybody use it because he thinks it will make them realize how "WHOAMG GENIUS" it is. The fact is, for the vast majority of players, hubworld would detract from the quality of their playing experience.
"Make everybody use it even though they don't want to." <-- How do you know what everyone wants or doesn't want? Things like global trading and such would make it more of a central meeting point for all players of Graal and less of a login server. Don't speak for all Graalians, because you don't know how something like this would be accepted by everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
I would rather have dead forums.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:49 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Just make it optional? I mean... the server list is a 'server' anyways, so I don't think managing whether a player wants to use it as a hubworld or server list would be too difficult.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:11 PM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Mm...i think a restucturing of current trial and gold/vip accounts should be changed as well. What I'd like:

Trials can access current classic worlds and save their stats. However, certain content/areas should be off-limits to them. For instance, on Zodiac, trials should be capped at level 20 and restricted from certain areas (like dungeons). On Classic, trials shouldn't be able to recieve certain items and their money/bank money will be capped at a certain amount. It lets trials play but they will still want to get vip/gold. Trials still won't be able to access hosted worlds or gold worlds. In order to make up any money loss, trials PM windows should have like two ads in it. Vip/gold won't have these ads.

You could further extend vip/gold differences on servers. Vip's could maybe test new weapons/events/contents before released to the rest of the server. Gold accounts may have a higher bank interest rate etc.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:33 PM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
Mm...i think a restucturing of current trial and gold/vip accounts should be changed as well. What I'd like:

Trials can access current classic worlds and save their stats. However, certain content/areas should be off-limits to them. For instance, on Zodiac, trials should be capped at level 20 and restricted from certain areas (like dungeons). On Classic, trials shouldn't be able to recieve certain items and their money/bank money will be capped at a certain amount. It lets trials play but they will still want to get vip/gold. Trials still won't be able to access hosted worlds or gold worlds. In order to make up any money loss, trials PM windows should have like two ads in it. Vip/gold won't have these ads.

You could further extend vip/gold differences on servers. Vip's could maybe test new weapons/events/contents before released to the rest of the server. Gold accounts may have a higher bank interest rate etc.

Im pushing for something like this and am working really hard on getting it to happen.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:53 PM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Perhaps instead just have it where trials can only play a certain amount of hours per day, but their stats still save.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:49 PM
Graal 3D
UberModeKappa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to UberModeKappa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrobo2 View Post
"Make everybody use it even though they don't want to." <-- How do you know what everyone wants or doesn't want? Things like global trading and such would make it more of a central meeting point for all players of Graal and less of a login server. Don't speak for all Graalians, because you don't know how something like this would be accepted by everyone.
I do not want this. Therefore everyone does not want this.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:50 PM
In the real world ogod.
Or get rid of trial accounts completely and come up with something different so people like Fogles can't generate 5000 trials to hack on?

Quote:
Old 04-17-2007, 07:53 PM
There's no way you're going to eliminate that problem, so getting rid of trials just because of it is a bad move.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:08 PM
In the real world ogod.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
There's no way you're going to eliminate that problem, so getting rid of trials just because of it is a bad move.
I wasn't being serious. Getting rid of trial accounts take away the chance for new players to 'try it before they buy it'. But, it needs to be made harder to create new trial accounts or something, because it's ridiculous how the hackers can make that many trial accounts without much work.

Quote:
Old 04-17-2007, 08:27 PM
I think the only way they would be able to is to check IPs, and we all know that isn't going to help much.
I mean... he could perhaps make signing up via the client, then he could somehow work around the computer ID I guess the same way they check bans. But I don't really know how that stuff works.