Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 03:24 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwFCCtennis View Post
What became of this?
It's only been 6 days, so nothing.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:30 PM
Cassini
defaultaccount is on a distinguished road
This is a update of whats going on...

I've been trying to work out how the movement system will work and gravity, orbits, and movement with gravity with the whole system.

I can run down a few things on the fly but i'm going to edit this post after a day or two with what I've been writing down.

Basically gravity runs down as two factors being velocity and direction. Within them two factors there is a Push and Pull helping them decay or grow in speeds.

In every simulation there are what are called 'stars', these objects of they're own have a pull on ur character, or an 'orbit'. as well as the walls. A different color star could have whats called a anti-orbit witch pushes the character away. Main focus is to still have good able movement between these orbits and anti-orbit to have the player have a good control on they're movement without it having a determent on the overall flow of movement. (being able to dodge and maneuver with arrow keys.) You're also able to grab a hold of a star, or object/wall and vault off of it in the direction you're trying to go. The Push and Pull straights will keep you within a distance so as you can't maneuver too far outside that strength without ultimately changing ur direction drastically. I was also thinking of making two types of movement types: 1 being like a jet pack movement, and one where as it is a burst of movement

In reality to movement you're always going to be trying to maneuver between these stars in a type of key hole scenario where you get the most velocity from them when you pass by they're orbit. Think of yourself as a asteroid going by planets.

I'm still really trying to work out the whole mechanics of this and how these systems should be made. I'm also reading few more books. I've been writing alot of this down and I don't have what I wrote in front of me right now, so I'll edit this as i said in a bit alot easier to understand.

I'd expect i'd be still working on alot of the graphics and the overall mechanics of these systems VS making it as simulation as possible and staying true to what I'm trying to Create. Sorry i haven't been Full Force with this whole thing yet. I'm still in the process of working out the systems in my head.

I plan on buying this server very soon.
PS. anyone who's interested in this project who can graphic half decently, contact me VIA PM.

Last edited by defaultaccount; 01-26-2011 at 06:14 PM..
Old 01-27-2011, 03:59 PM
Cassini
Movement depends on two factors push and pull. Orbit is when a object big enough pulls the character changing his velocity and direction.

A player who points toward [moves] a orbit will be able to 'crash' into the object and vault off it, only by vaulting off it will the player be able to move away from the object because of the strength of the pull that close. Walls have orbit but much less forceful.

In a battle room simulation firing your gun does not change your direction and velocity much. But a noticeable amount of velocity is lost when firing more than a few bullets opposite direction your velocity and direction is going.

In a simulation there are also whats called a "counter orbits". these are more of a push scenario where as gravity pushes the player away. They do not have as much push as a anti-orbit object.

Factors of movement:
-Push
-Pull

=Direction.
=Velocity.

The main focus is the ability to still have maneuverability within these constructs. And the ability to dodge without it being too unreal. Players have a movement factor fringe in flight. Within this fringe movement does not impair velocity or direction. Movement outside the fringe will change direction and velocity drastically.

http://tinypic.com/r/116s361/7

spars are going to be alot diferent in alot of these aspects. direction in spars and velocity will be changed by the fireing of ur weapon. In a gravity spar atleast.

EVENTS:

With events i'm hoping to focus on having bare minimum of gravity type events and having it more modern type game plays.

Chance type: Races,Minefield,ect
WAR type: Instant spawn defend/conquer type team events
Tactical events: Round type

I'm still really trying to work out the whole mechanics of this and how these systems should be made. I'm also reading few more books.

I plan on buying this server very soon.
PS anyone who's interested in this project who can graphic half decently, contact me VIA PM
idk heres some more eye candy:

http://tinypic.com/r/1ifwg1/7

Last edited by defaultaccount; 01-27-2011 at 09:47 PM..
Old 02-06-2011, 10:45 PM
Chaotic
gwFCCtennis is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to gwFCCtennis
Good news is now you can name it Skill Games.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:35 PM
Cassini
I'll call it endgame.

What I've been thinking is upon opening endgame, half these systems I've mentioned wont yet be implemented clearly. Instead these systems are being made while the players get a feel for the environments and so staff can tweak and implement the new systems as goes What I'd like to have done is the tile set that I've already almost have completed, all images (small amount: footlocker , door , window..ect ) O

-On that note i'd also like to add that most of this game will be created as the players are on it. Most of the systems will be tweaked as a trial and error within the battle rooms, and simulation.

really all I need is one or two people who can pixle a few objects for me becuase i'm making alot of the weapons. I want to see it hosted by the start of next month. I've got the money to keep it up for a bit.

If anyone thats interested in this idea, and who could do some simple basic movement/gun scripts please pm me..

I want to show you guys some of the graphics I've been doing. I'm currently making a 'devteir' of weapons when it's open for development.

mp5k
http://tinypic.com/r/14tuhih/7

sig commando
http://tinypic.com/r/jv5h7m/7

sig marine
http://tinypic.com/r/2zf3nti/7

ump:
http://tinypic.com/r/5ff9j5/7

glock18:
http://tinypic.com/r/2w67a80/7

there's a few more but i don't wanna show all the good ones too own guns, you have to have a rank, and be in a platoon. you get ur weapons every time you log in, in a footlocker located in you platoon room. (foot of your bunk bed)
http://tinypic.com/r/1z2oze1/7

you can buy sidearms from a vending machine with points for time.

http://tinypic.com/r/1zb7a7n/7

i might be able to do most of the graphics that i really need for the game but if anyone is interested in this i really could use some help getting it off the ground come the start of next month, and thank you

ps. i think i got misunderstood with the end of my last post. It's a threshold that you can move in withen ur direction. the threshold is in the image as the dark black, and the small lines is the player moveing around withen it

Last edited by defaultaccount; 02-15-2011 at 04:57 PM..
Old 02-17-2011, 08:13 PM
Cassini
I'm almost done all of the images and tiles that i'll need..expect to see the server up soon. I'm making the animations and finishing up the gun graphics.

http://tinypic.com/r/r02yjr/7
Old 03-27-2011, 05:39 PM
De Phet
XdNemesisXd is on a distinguished road
I can't wait for this server. I would be happy to help with non devlopment since my Dev skills are weak.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:55 AM
Cassini
I'm working on the tileset right now, this is the first tileset I've ever made so I'm taking it slow as I make it.. I could really use some help with someone maybe more experienced in making tilesets?

this is just a bad example but the tiles are there, i was just testing the tileset out
http://postimage.org/image/1ux7ytpg/

Last edited by defaultaccount; 08-27-2011 at 06:32 AM..
Old 08-29-2011, 03:36 AM
Cassini
sorry for the double post but heres some more work I've been doing with the tileset

if any of you are following this and are talented in pixel animation / graphics send me a pm for sure

edit::: I did alot of tile corrections and than some more corrections, this is just an example:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/examplecr.png/

Last edited by defaultaccount; 08-29-2011 at 07:10 AM..
Old 11-10-2011, 04:02 PM
J.Rollin (killaz)
jkldogg can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to jkldogg Send a message via MSN to jkldogg
Hmm, didn't know you were still working on this. I'll help out with levels if you need it.

PSN: jkldogg

The best post ever made on the graal forums.
After playing Graal Online for many years, JKL decides to make a forum account. Isn't life funny?
Old 12-19-2011, 05:17 AM
world-class douchebag
RogueShatterblade will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to RogueShatterblade
This is an absolutely superb idea.

*Bell: I'm going to faint, Ocelot turned into a real human being. One I can actually have some respect for.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:53 AM
J.Rollin (killaz)
jkldogg can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to jkldogg Send a message via MSN to jkldogg
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueShatterblade View Post
This is an absolutely superb idea.

PSN: jkldogg

The best post ever made on the graal forums.
After playing Graal Online for many years, JKL decides to make a forum account. Isn't life funny?

Last edited by jkldogg; 12-19-2011 at 09:58 AM.. Reason: fix'd
Old 12-20-2011, 03:46 AM
Cassini
I'm gonna put up the money to host it soon. Sometime soon after christmas
Old 12-20-2011, 04:16 AM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
When I look at it your gun images, below the gun, why does it say I'll enjoy this image

Old 12-20-2011, 05:35 AM
Cassini
LOL

i scrapped most of them images. I just wanted to show everyone I'm still working at it. I'm using some of them...

Last edited by defaultaccount; 12-20-2011 at 05:59 AM..