Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2015, 07:58 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Graal Main Forum Restrictions

So I've noticed that every new thread posted to the Graal Main Forum is supposed to undergo moderation before they are approved, but no one seems to be approving them.

I have been wanting to post about multiple things related to Graal as a whole that aren't server-specific or technical, like the hushed existence of 3D Printed Graal Figurines but it seems that nobody is actually bothering to approve them.

It would be nice to have that section opened back up for discussing the game as a whole, rather than having it strictly filtered, because a lot of the pure spam threads get reported and taken care of anyway in other forums just as easily.
Old 06-23-2015, 08:06 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
It is apparent that on some occasions where a user has posted a thread within Graal Main Forum without knowing about the moderation approval, they have simply re-posted their thread within an alternative section afterwards, rendering the initial need for an approval somewhat redundant.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:02 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Speaking as someone who can approve moderated threads, though speaking only for myself, the way these threads pop up is easily lost among other listed threads. For the most part, the only real indication that a thread requires moderation is a rather tiny icon usually jammed in among other listed threads that have icons like "Contains deleted posts" and the like. There is a section in the Moderator Control Panel for these threads, however (once again only speaking for myself) getting there requires logging in a second time and it's been a long standing issue where it won't process the new login request at all. 90% of what the CP gives us though can be handled without logging into it thankfully. Given that these threads do tend to go unnoticed, I can only assume this may be a similar issue Darlene runs into but I won't speak on her behalf as fact.

On that note though, I must apologise for both the issue and an unfortunate fact that I can't actually find the thread(s) you mentioned. Currently, according to the Moderator CP, there are 3 threads awaiting moderation. None of them match what you described :s

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
It is apparent that on some occasions where a user has posted a thread within Graal Main Forum without knowing about the moderation approval, they have simply re-posted their thread within an alternative section afterwards, rendering the initial need for an approval somewhat redundant.
This tends to be the case I run across when dealing with threads that require moderation.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·

Last edited by TSAdmin; 06-23-2015 at 09:16 PM..
Old 06-24-2015, 10:31 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
I do moderate them. Sometimes I do miss them. I do not see the thread you are talking about though.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 06-24-2015, 11:51 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
I discussed this with unixmad, and have gotten permission to remove the approval system. It will be monitored the same as the rest of the forum.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 06-24-2015, 02:21 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
like the hushed existence of 3D Printed Graal Figurines
dang, thanks for bringing that to my attention, I'd pay top dollar for my pretty fish sitting on my dresser and then getting completely forgotten about

too bad I'm not interested enough to click the link
Old 06-25-2015, 05:42 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
I discussed this with unixmad, and have gotten permission to remove the approval system. It will be monitored the same as the rest of the forum.
That is fantastic! Thank you!

I've been wanting to start up some discussions about Graal in general, and there just wasn't a good place to post them.

And yeah, I understand you guys probably have to deal with tons of stuff each day and some things like that probably just get lost after a while. No worries.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:46 PM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
Just saw this and i think this is fantastic !
Old 07-08-2015, 04:15 PM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
I would like more approvals like the one above