Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2013, 05:14 PM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Link to the Past level pack

Hey if I could dig it up and upload it, would anyone be interested in the Link to the past overworld pack I generated a while back?
Old 11-16-2013, 05:39 PM
Elite Member
Torankusu has a spectacular aura aboutTorankusu has a spectacular aura about
Yes.
Old 11-16-2013, 09:37 PM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
That sounds like a pretty awesome idea.
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 11-16-2013, 10:38 PM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Gos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to behold
Yes!
Old 11-17-2013, 08:44 AM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Here you are gentlemen. I think it is mirrored and there isn't a gmap right now.. I lost it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Zip-LttP.zip (276.6 KB, 249 views)
Old 11-17-2013, 02:48 PM
Elite Member
Not bad. Ill check them out when I get homr.

I had a type 1 and layered version I was working on, but lack graphical talent so I stopped at the lost woods. Lol, this will help though..
Old 11-17-2013, 03:06 PM
Doctor Who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torankusu View Post
Not bad. Ill check them out when I get homr.

I had a type 1 and layered version I was working on, but lack graphical talent so I stopped at the lost woods. Lol, this will help though..
Mine was generated from screenshots :P It wasn't a manual effort!
Old 11-17-2013, 03:28 PM
Elite Member
I think I asked you about this a while back, but you don't have the stuff to do that anymore do you?
Old 11-17-2013, 03:35 PM
Doctor Who?
Nope :P Sorry.

If you want a quick rundown on how you can start to build something like I had...

Get a large screenshot of what you want to build(level size).

Using:
http://bobpowell.net/lockingbits.aspx
Scan the tiles in the tileset once and then match them up with tiles in the level.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:42 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
sick
Old 11-17-2013, 10:50 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_bald6225 View Post
Nope :P Sorry.

If you want a quick rundown on how you can start to build something like I had...

Get a large screenshot of what you want to build(level size).

Using:
http://bobpowell.net/lockingbits.aspx
Scan the tiles in the tileset once and then match them up with tiles in the level.
That link has some interesting information. Thanks for posting, I'll definitely take a look at this.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:01 PM
Elite Member
Attached is a GMAP file for this level set. (rename it to .gmap to use with gonstruct -- the program I tested it with).

For some reason, Jacob, the first 3-4 levels on the north-eastern side do not work (a1 - d1?), they do not draw anything for me with the given tileset. And what is drawn, it looks like the wrong images are in those locations.

Also, the ZIP file included is missing the level: a4

Thanks again.
Attached Files
File Type: txt zlttp-.txt (960 Bytes, 220 views)
Old 11-24-2013, 12:27 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Been reading through the article you posted on analysing image data and I've spent some time creating an application that can generate a Graal level based on a full-sized level screenshot. I've still not come up with a solution to deal with images covering tiles, light effects and level with layers however, but it's working perfectly for level images that show only tiles.

Here's an image. I've managed to generate the level on the right by taking the level image on the left and analysing it's pixel data, comparing the data with the pixel data for pics1.png. The comparison are made on a tile-by-tile basis, so every 256 pixels (or 1 tile) a comparison is made.

I'll post a build when I've figured out exactly how I'm going to deal with **** like light effects and layers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-11-24 12_37_48-Greenshot.png
Views:	281
Size:	332.6 KB
ID:	55540  
Old 11-24-2013, 03:05 PM
Doctor Who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emera View Post
Been reading through the article you posted on analysing image data and I've spent some time creating an application that can generate a Graal level based on a full-sized level screenshot. I've still not come up with a solution to deal with images covering tiles, light effects and level with layers however, but it's working perfectly for level images that show only tiles.

Here's an image. I've managed to generate the level on the right by taking the level image on the left and analysing it's pixel data, comparing the data with the pixel data for pics1.png. The comparison are made on a tile-by-tile basis, so every 256 pixels (or 1 tile) a comparison is made.

I'll post a build when I've figured out exactly how I'm going to deal with **** like light effects and layers.

The big question-- how long does it take? And I don't think there will be a good solution for dealing with lights or npcs in screenshots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torankusu View Post
Attached is a GMAP file for this level set. (rename it to .gmap to use with gonstruct -- the program I tested it with).

For some reason, Jacob, the first 3-4 levels on the north-eastern side do not work (a1 - d1?), they do not draw anything for me with the given tileset. And what is drawn, it looks like the wrong images are in those locations.

Also, the ZIP file included is missing the level: a4

Thanks again.

Seems I lost level a4 somewhere and the a1-d1 are mountain levels... they would've used a different tileset which I must not have bothered to upload at the time!
Old 11-24-2013, 04:58 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_bald6225 View Post
The big question-- how long does it take? And I don't think there will be a good solution for dealing with lights or npcs in screenshots.
It actually takes a tremendous amount of time, but I wasn't expecting anything else. Regarding dealing with tile obscurities though, it has been suggested that I use an algorithm to check for similarities between tiles instead of directly comparing pixel data. Obviously, it's not fool proof and I doubt I'm capable of coming up with something that is, but it's a step in the right direction