Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-04-2011, 02:02 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Smile Updated Options + Your opinion

The options window has been updated. It streamlines the options, removes one tab and merges general + graphics options. There is also a button for directly opening the playerlist options. All player list options are now available in the playerlist option window and are not duplicated in the normal options anymore.
I hope you like it.

About gui styles: it seems the vplusblue gui style works quite fine, any objection against making it the default gui style instead of the old blue thingy (will eventually still keep the old blue style as an option) ?
Old 07-04-2011, 02:14 AM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
In my opinion, the Controls tab seems messy.

The headings are "Control Name" and "Control Binding".
It seems like it should have "Control Name", "Control Binding", "Alt 1", "Alt 2".

Or something. Maybe its just me, it just seems the columns sort of mesh all together, and its confusing to look at.

Because I read the Up control across as "Up Up Num8 I". It just seems...confusing.

Old 07-04-2011, 02:31 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
My only main concern with the vplusblue style is that it contrasts too suddenly on the account/password screen (the very first screen a player would see), it goes from a white background, to an electric blue border, to a dark blue gradient background.
The border for this window also seems too rigid.

I'd really like to see a style that can be associated with Graal in some way, either by a consistent colour theme (shades of green?) or a scroll like window similar (but not necessarily the same) to what we use on Classic:

Old 07-04-2011, 02:43 AM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
I have been using vplusblue for everything since it was added and I haven't experienced many issues. I guess blue is Graal's new theme color instead of green, maybe the forums should be changed to reflect this change.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”

Last edited by Tigairius; 07-04-2011 at 02:56 AM.. Reason: capitalized green for some reason
Old 07-04-2011, 03:59 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
^ This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
maybe the forums should be changed to reflect this change.
With different noobs on the top of the page if you do decide to change it
Old 07-04-2011, 04:24 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
vPlusBlue looks awful, mainly because of the fact Graal is attempting to be Windows in Graal. I'm already using a windows shell, I don't need another one in the game! Also because it tabs and buttons glow green when everything else is blue.

There has to be a better way to display the shop and other options.

The V4 Login screen is the last version that had a good login screen. It actually represented Graal in some way unlike the cold blue screen we have currently. Not a fan of the giant scroll either it's way too plain.

UN players are probably not going to like the fact UDP/P2P isn't an option anymore too.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:43 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
vPlusBlue looks awful, mainly because of the fact Graal is attempting to be Windows in Graal. I'm already using a windows shell, I don't need another one in the game! Also because it tabs and buttons glow green when everything else is blue.

There has to be a better way to display the shop and other options.

The V4 Login screen is the last version that had a good login screen. It actually represented Graal in some way unlike the cold blue screen we have currently. Not a fan of the giant scroll either it's way too plain.

UN players are probably not going to like the fact UDP/P2P isn't an option anymore too.
vPlusBlue was chosen to make external windows blend in with OS better, it was never meant to be used internally... Stefan has shown interest in allowing us to choose different themes for internal and external windows.
Old 07-04-2011, 05:31 AM
alskdjfhg
alskdjfhg is on a distinguished road
I think you kids need to let go of the past and this "green" theme. Graal isn't just about sword servers and "classic" styles anymore. It can be neutral and should be as Graal represents the old days, modern days and even the future...
Old 07-04-2011, 05:45 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
maybe the forums should be changed to reflect this change.
no.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:16 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
A more bluish style is more neutral and can fit for different kind of games ?

Update: the window titles in the server list screen are now left-aligned to avoid problems, also the News/Map/Events tab is now hidden if there is only one tab. In the options the gui style list is now sorted.

Last edited by Admins; 07-04-2011 at 11:37 AM..
Old 07-04-2011, 11:42 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
A more bluish style is more neutral and can fit for different kind of games?
Blue is cold, green is not.

While you're at it: I'd like to see a change to the player profile window. In the old clients, the account (community name) and nickname were displayed in a large font at the top left. With v6, they're written only in the title bar of the window, which makes the whole thing look rather strange.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:13 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
As long as the player's community name isn't "guest", you shouldn't show their account name in their profiles.
edit: also, when are you going to release your new Windows RC which shows community names in the player list?
Old 07-04-2011, 09:18 PM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
Why would you ever change the theme color of Graal? Graal has always been green...

While were at it, lets change the name too. Graal doesn't seem very neutral, in fact, graals were on classic, and we wouldn't want the game to lean towards classic gameplay, now would we?

Old 07-04-2011, 10:00 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by oo_jazz_oo View Post
While were at it, lets change the name too.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:27 AM
Hazard to Graal
Jiroxys7 will become famous soon enough
I agree with the color issue. I do miss the warm, inviting green theme.

Colors have psychological effects on people. Blue can be calming, but it seems very overused on Graal, which probably ends up making it more depressing than anything else.