Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > N-Pulse Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Retired
SlikRick is on a distinguished road
Question What do you, the players, wish to see?

Pretty straight forward question. Once I took back over as Manager and Matt left, I had some of the old staff who worked on Rebirth come back so the time seemed right to start plugging along on it, since the server was now UC and we did not have a playerbase to keep happy. Since then everyone has disappeared once again, so it just seems that the server is just sitting there collecting dust since I do not have the scripting capabilities that is required for the complex systems.

So that being said I am looking to the community as to what they would like to see from N-Pulse. Post your ideas and they will all be taken into consideration. And those of you who would wish to help out send me a forum PM or contact me via email: [email protected]
Old 08-03-2011, 08:43 PM
Mercury
Sp_lit will become famous soon enough
First of all; good initiative! Nice to see that there is still a glimpse of hope!

I'd like to switch back to the old classic tileset. I can't stand the one that was being used before the server went UC. In my opinon, the older the better.

I know it would require many hours of hard work, although I'd like to bring back all the old levels. I still think they were the best ones, even though there was hard work remaking the server. The older the better applies here as well.

In short; switch to an old, classic tileset and try to bring back the oldest levels possible.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:59 PM
Retired
The problem with that is that it would only attract some of the old players, but would not do the same with new players. Besides the EoA tileset that was being used is waaaay better then pics1 IMO. There is a lot more you can do with it, as well as it being more visually appealing.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:36 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlikRick View Post
The problem with that is that it would only attract some of the old players, but would not do the same with new players.
This isn't necessarily true, one of the main reasons Classic uses the original tileset isn't to keep older players happy but due to the fact it's a lot more appropriate for the adventure style feel we want to create in attracting new players.
From what I've gathered so far some new players do like the original tileset and even without knowing that it is the original.

It is however a matter of opinion over something which doesn't directly affect gameplay. Again from what I've gathered it tends to be when newer players start thinking from a development perspective where they express dislike of it for reasons such as being too plain etc.

You would however ideally want something which is both appropriate for the type of server you're trying to create, but also stands out and can be visibly identified as "Npulse's tileset".
Old 08-04-2011, 12:26 AM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Unless you have both Ducati and TWINEINZ?...meh.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:51 AM
Retired
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
This isn't necessarily true, one of the main reasons Classic uses the original tileset isn't to keep older players happy but due to the fact it's a lot more appropriate for the adventure style feel we want to create in attracting new players.
From what I've gathered so far some new players do like the original tileset and even without knowing that it is the original.

It is however a matter of opinion over something which doesn't directly affect gameplay. Again from what I've gathered it tends to be when newer players start thinking from a development perspective where they express dislike of it for reasons such as being too plain etc.

You would however ideally want something which is both appropriate for the type of server you're trying to create, but also stands out and can be visibly identified as "Npulse's tileset".
That works for Classic though. Classic has always used the default pics1 tileset, where as N-Pulse has been using the EoA tileset since around 2002, so those tiles have become a staple of N-Pulse and what has helped set it apart from the other servers.

When you guys are thinking up ideas for the direction you would like to see N-Pulse go, keep in mind that we have 4 unreleased tilesets sitting here as well that I would hate to see go to waste.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:14 AM
Skyzer Zolderon
ff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of lightff7chocoboknight is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to ff7chocoboknight Send a message via MSN to ff7chocoboknight
What about lobsters?
Old 08-04-2011, 03:39 AM
Retired
What about keeping pointless posts out of a serious thread?
Old 08-04-2011, 03:44 AM
Panda
Lao_Su2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Lao_Su2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
Unless you have both Ducati and TWINEINZ?...meh.

I logged in just to second this. They are the ones that had the most passion about the server, I think they are a necessity to bring it back any version of it.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:41 AM
Banned
Ducati_Link is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ducati_Link
re-vamped classic. Look at Atlantis.. seriously, that is an amazing server with what they have done. It has a very classic feel, with amazing ganis, sound effects, gfx.. thats the road to go down! a N-Pulse like Atlantis has done.

Brining back old classic N-Pulse, we dont need a huge map, we need excellent, creative ideas that are going to keep players wanting to come back and play. I play graal because I love Zelda, and I'm sure A LOT of people play Graal because they love Zelda.. so I want a Zelda like server! I would like to see a tileset like the one I have used on my project, that I call x-pulse. It's very classic, and uses alot of Dustys tiles (because he is amazing).

Bring back old N-Pulse, new way, with the help of old and new players! Moonie as Admin
Old 08-04-2011, 04:31 PM
Mercury
Sp_lit will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati_Link View Post
..Bringing back old classic N-Pulse, we dont need a huge map, we need excellent, creative ideas that are going to keep players wanting to come back and play....Bring back old N-Pulse, new way, with the help of old and new players!
I agree!!
Old 08-04-2011, 04:51 PM
Retired
Ducati, you know better then most on how to get in contact with me. Let's set up a time to get together.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:33 AM
Banned
Ducati_Link is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ducati_Link
Will do Slik, I will pm you on here first, with some details.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:29 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati_Link View Post
re-vamped classic. Look at Atlantis.. seriously, that is an amazing server with what they have done. It has a very classic feel, with amazing ganis, sound effects, gfx.. thats the road to go down! a N-Pulse like Atlantis has done.

Brining back old classic N-Pulse, we dont need a huge map, we need excellent, creative ideas that are going to keep players wanting to come back and play. I play graal because I love Zelda, and I'm sure A LOT of people play Graal because they love Zelda.. so I want a Zelda like server! I would like to see a tileset like the one I have used on my project, that I call x-pulse. It's very classic, and uses alot of Dustys tiles (because he is amazing).

Bring back old N-Pulse, new way, with the help of old and new players! Moonie as Admin
Sounds like a plan.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 08-05-2011, 05:05 AM
Graal Developer
Rave_J can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Rave_J Send a message via MSN to Rave_J Send a message via Yahoo to Rave_J
lol i think u should contact Kez on msn and see if he wants to return to npluse rebirth without rebirth npluse is gone even if it went back on classic tab it will die once again at least rebirth has a chance to stay for a while once it goes classic