Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2010, 11:59 AM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fry View Post
You have to install the dependencies listed inside the README file
I was sure I installed all of the dependencies but I may have missed a few. I'll take another look tonight.

Thanks for the reply though

Edit: Here are the dependencies I installed.

NPC Code:
libgtkmm-2.4-dgb
libgtksourceviewmm-2.0-2
libgtkgl2.0-1
libboost
ruby1.8
cmake

Last edited by cyan3; 07-29-2010 at 12:39 PM..
Old 07-30-2010, 01:13 AM
Registerd Abuser
nullify has a spectacular aura about
A lot of times, Googling "[..] error: gtkmm.h: No such file or directory" errors can help a lot (when it comes to finding missing deps).
Old 07-30-2010, 01:22 AM
oh snaps
napo_p2p has a spectacular aura aboutnapo_p2p has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to napo_p2p Send a message via MSN to napo_p2p
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
I was sure I installed all of the dependencies but I may have missed a few. I'll take another look tonight.

Thanks for the reply though

Edit: Here are the dependencies I installed.

NPC Code:
libgtkmm-2.4-dgb
libgtksourceviewmm-2.0-2
libgtkgl2.0-1
libboost
ruby1.8
cmake

I haven't used Ubuntu in ages... but for compiling from source, you probably need the -dev packages.

NPC Code:
libgtkmm-2.4-dev
libgtksourceview-2.0-dev
libgtkgl2.0-dev
libboost-dev

Old 07-30-2010, 07:03 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by napo_p2p View Post
I haven't used Ubuntu in ages... but for compiling from source, you probably need the -dev packages.

NPC Code:
libgtkmm-2.4-dev
libgtksourceview-2.0-dev
libgtkgl2.0-dev
libboost-dev

Still doesn't work with the dev packages but nice idea though.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:45 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
I downloaded the editor and I'm wondering how you apply transparent layers?
Old 08-08-2010, 10:41 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus View Post
I downloaded the editor and I'm wondering how you apply transparent layers?
You need to make a tile transparent in your tileset.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 08-08-2010, 10:49 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
You need to make a tile transparent in your tileset.
okay so I would make a transparent pics1.png (I think Dusty had one floating around)?
Old 08-09-2010, 01:13 AM
Fry has a spectacular aura about
No you don't need a fully transparent tile to fill layers in the most recent version (0.2.2) anymore, if you remove any tiles on a layer above 0 they automagically turn into a transparent tile. Should probably update the readme to include layer editing at some point, or maybe someone can help out with that!

Top 3 servers at the moment (players):

Old 08-09-2010, 01:32 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
Okay I have Dusty's transparent tiles loaded, along with pics1.png. How do I switch between the tilesets on each layer? I want to use his transparent tiles for layers higher than zero. Unless I have to use one tileset. Then I will have to find a version of Dusty's that isn't incomplete (he deleted tiles on his transparent version).
Old 08-09-2010, 01:41 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
Okay new question. Is there any way to test my levels without having to upload them to a server?
Old 08-09-2010, 03:22 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fry View Post
No you don't need a fully transparent tile to fill layers in the most recent version (0.2.2) anymore
You do, if you expect it to work in-game in both v5 and v6. Quite silly that Gonstruct automatically adds a "transparent" tile to the level instead of flood filling it with your selected tile (right click one) when Graal doesn't support it - in fact, it breaks levels completely when put online. Not to mention that in order to fix it for online use, you need to spend tons of time trying to find these non-existing tiles and fill them with another tile.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 08-09-2010, 03:27 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
It's not really Gonstruct's fault, and it's far from silly. Ya it breaks it but the functionality shouldn't disappear, as it'll be eventually way useful than using a transparent tile. Maybe a compatibility option when saving?
Old 08-09-2010, 03:29 AM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
It's not really Gonstruct's fault, and it's far from silly. Ya it breaks it but the functionality shouldn't disappear, as it'll be eventually way useful than using a transparent tile. Maybe a compatibility option when saving?
It is silly, as long as it's not supported by the Graal client, and as far as I know Stefan hasn't even commented on adding support for it.

Old 08-09-2010, 03:55 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
Okay I've got Gonstruct down now, still wondering on whether or not I can test levels made in Gontruct without going online. Also wondering if blocking tiles placed on layer 0 are considered blocking.

And would it be possible to add the click and drag feature that existed in the old editor for placing tiles on a level?

EDIT: also wondering how many layers does Graal support.

Last edited by maximus_asinus; 08-09-2010 at 07:04 AM..
Old 08-09-2010, 11:17 AM
Fry has a spectacular aura about
The problem with transparent tiles is that in game performance is most certainly going to rapidly go down and level size up the more layers you use. Stefan did not comment on what method he prefers, but apparently the most sane one to use layers that gonstruct is using now appears to be working in v6, so I see no reason to change it back. If you want to use layered levels in v5 you're probably best off using the older version (0.2.0 i think?), or if you want you can add an option to the current version.

Top 3 servers at the moment (players):