Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 10:54 PM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
Password leaked

I saw this thread was already made, however, it was closed by Sam for unknown reasons. I checked my e-mail and I received a similar e-mail which said,

GraalOnline Password Problem

Hello Squirt,

Due to a problem with our support center some email addresses and passwords have been leaked. If the password you have used on support.graalonline.com is also used for other services such as gmail or facebook then we recommend to change those passwords as soon as possible. Sorry for the problems this has caused.

Best Regards,
GraalOnline Management

Some of you may have gotten the same e-mail. Make sure you check and change your passwords if you need to.

The problem is how am I supposed to change my passwords if I don't know which password I used to register with. I registered for the Support Center a LONG time ago and when I went on it my password was auto saved, so i'm not familiar with which password I used to sign up. Therefore, is there some way to find out which password I used? If they were compromised they are obviously stored somewhere so is it possible to check then give it to me, so I can change my other passwords?
Old 12-07-2009, 10:55 PM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
I doubt there's a way to check your past passwords, but it'd be best to just request a completely new one.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:59 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
The email is legit. Some people managed to exploit some vulnerability in the support center and get a list of usernames and passwords of all registered users on the support center.

A script was written to automatically comb through the passwords to check for Graal passwords. Accounts of anyone who was using their Graal password for their support center password were disabled as a security precaution. These accounts are automatically re-enabled when they change their password.

You should definitely change your passwords if you used the same one for your email as for your support center account.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:01 PM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I doubt there's a way to check your past passwords, but it'd be best to just request a completely new one.
Yes, but the problem is that I have around 3 main passwords. Each of the passwords are for different things though. Therefore, how am I supposed to change my password if I don't know which password I used to register.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:09 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
If you have any questions about this issue send an e-mail or forum PM to a staff member like Stefan.
Closed Thread