Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-09-2014, 04:02 PM
Still wasting time here?
Scoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of lightScoper is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Scoper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
Is there a button to unban not just one person but everybody? If so they just do it. We need JKL back.
Last time we talked he didn't want to play again.
I miss him too :<

"I don't believe that right choice confers immunity. I no longer believe in reward. I simply believe that choices must be made regardless of their chances of success. And so I've come here."
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
take my liver but not my classic accounts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
That's the type of guy you are. Never wrong, always right. Headache material you are.
Old 12-09-2014, 04:58 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
Just make Era fun. Make it so they can kill players for a level system - the higher the level the better guns they can unlock
We kind of already do that, but with HP.
Old 12-09-2014, 05:11 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
gabriel, you have good intentions here. era does have an issue with a large wealth gap between newer players and players who have been with the game for years. it's unfair and it's probably the biggest reason why the server can't draw new players. however, resetting the server is just a one way ticket to killing any life that it has left.

the only time I would ever want to see the server reset is if there was a complete overhaul done with the game. I'll just quote myself from a previous post I made:

Quote:
I would even argue that every time you log on you should choose a certain load out of any 3 guns. completely get rid of the entire "gun economy." it won't matter if players have access to every gun because skill will now be the ultimate factor in success. different guns will only be preference of play style.
Quote:
the only thing that would be changing is how guns are distributed. that's it really. instead of making players grind jobs for money to buy guns, why not put everyone on an even playing field from the very beginning? the core structure of the game will still be the same with a focus on pking, but players will be able to jump right into the action.

in my opinion the economy takes away from the potential of the game to be fun.

there can still be an economy of rare items, collectibles, and maybe introduce novelty weapons that aren't as good as the main group of weapons. this way players can still have a sense of "I have this and you don't." there can even be weapon skins that are limited in availability but the skin doesn't affect the stats of the gun.
I've seen countless managers make proposals and come up with ideas in an attempt to fix or control the economy and they all failed. I personally believe it's just something that can't be done. the server has been reset before with the intention of fixing and controlling the economy, and it inevitably turned to ****.

I think we are way passed our time to be playing economics with this game. the primary focus should be making era fun to play, not worrying about how money should be controlled and distributed or what the prices of guns are.
Old 12-09-2014, 05:48 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Era players wouldn't quit because it's the only server they know how to play. Resetting is pointless because it's never worked in the past. Maybe make the core gameplay less reliant on economy.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:19 PM
ooger will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
Just make Era fun. Make it so they can kill players for a level system - the higher the level the better guns they can unlock
All we have to do is make it so that players can USD legally from eurocenter but make it illegal to usd from each other, then when eurocenter gets enough money they can upgrade the server and make us all happy

or they can piss the money everyone spends on lws onto something useless like a few of the iphone servers.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:47 PM
Chorchizcool will become famous soon enough
i wouldnt mind seeing micro transactions

i also wouldnt mind seeing booger and me made manager of managers so we can spawn and abuse
Old 12-09-2014, 08:28 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorchizcool View Post
i wouldnt mind seeing micro transactions
We've been trying to get the gelat shop on Era changed for a little over a year now (xmas bells... gelat coins!!).
Old 12-09-2014, 09:05 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaman771 View Post
We've been trying to get the gelat shop on Era changed for a little over a year now (xmas bells... gelat coins!!).
I've emailed Unixmad now twice about improving it. They've been ignored.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:56 PM
Banned
Godzilla has a spectacular aura about
Fair question; GK allows USDing from players, right? Why would it be so bad (Not sure if it is a personal thing that the managements of Era have chosen to not allow or if this is a global issue) for Era to be the same?

Also; I like to believe things happen for a reason. I've been reset personally (Banned and Reset) multiple times, started over with nothing and each time within a month I am one of the richest again (Luckily winning money betflipping or dominating players in betspars because they have forgotten who I am over the course of a year or so)

I think the core foundations need to be changed before we even think about a reset.

What happened to the player-boards. (This player posted the most mail this week!) We could bring those back, add a bit of a bonus to them weekly.

"Tim_Rocks picked the most trash this week and was awarded a 30% bonus of the money he recieved" maybe even a statue or something inside of each job.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:03 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
Fair question; GK allows USDing from players, right? Why would it be so bad (Not sure if it is a personal thing that the managements of Era have chosen to not allow or if this is a global issue) for Era to be the same?
-----
What happened to the player-boards. (This player posted the most mail this week!) We could bring those back, add a bit of a bonus to them weekly.

"Tim_Rocks picked the most trash this week and was awarded a 30% bonus of the money he recieved" maybe even a statue or something inside of each job.
GK allowed (or mostly 'looked the other way at') USDing because they pretty much couldn't control it. Less than 5-10% of the items on there (at the time) were available to the general populace... the only way to obtain these items was to grind for thousands of hours and overpay or just USD. And the USD market was easy to manipulate cause you could just but super items from the random noob that won the Raffle. Plus they rarely had an active/large enough GP team.

Now a good 30-50% of the items are available since I was last around and we added different chests/boxes/crates. But since they added Nihil coins anyway the USDing just got legalized that way (and they profited off it which was smart).

On Era, more than 90% of items are generally available at all times. Buying with USD was never very prominent (usually just the same dozen lazy dudes who got reset anyway and didn't wanna work the next time around). It's easy for us to monitor so we do so.

-----
More competition; I like this idea.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:39 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
@Rogue.

Who cares if they're lazy and want to USD... They spend real money on items, let them in what way does it effect you? It doesn't so let them get on with it.

USD should be legal in this game. Who are you to say people cant purchase items of another guy with their own money.. Dictatorship much?
Old 12-09-2014, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoper View Post
Last time we talked he didn't want to play again.
I miss him too :<
I don't miss him. I miss his trolling.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:50 AM
Senator Amsel Zephlyn
Spikedude will become famous soon enough
-----------------------
To Gab's main point
-----------------------
There's only one real way to control a virtual economy forever, and that's to never create money without intentionally pre-defining the exact amounts. If someone is getting money from the game, someone else somewhere should be losing money from the game. If you have an NPC shop that players can stock for money, for example, then the stockers of the store should only be paid based on what revenue the store brings in during that same time period. For anything like flower picking, it would have to be limited (IE the store would say "we're buying x rose boquets this week") and directly offset by taxes, auction revenues, etc. As long as we allow players to endlessly earn a consistent flow of cash by doing some mundane task like mining or picking flowers, the economy is eventually going to spiral out of control. A reset now without massive changes wouldn't help much because we'd be back in this situation in a year or two. Unless there were some sort of "Reset Schedule" I guess (like the ladder seasons in the old blizzard games) - not sure how people would feel about that though.

OR

We stop pretending anyone on Era has ever cared about the economy, or that we have any control over it whatsoever in the current state, and just continue to release higher and higher priced items as people get more and more wealthy. As long as there's still things that a noob can purchase for 25,000 dollars, what do they care if Seth gets some 250 million dollar gold plated metal storm with .001 less freeze than the normal version? (This is also what almost every video game ever does when they start to realize their currency is being devalued by gold farmers). As long as someone is around to make new content, we wouldn't have a real problem.

-----------------
To the current conversation
-----------------
Also - totally agree that the Gelat shop would fix a lot of our problems. A
legal outlet for USDing real useful items would also be a good reason to unban a lot of the old players who were in trouble for USDing (since it would be awfully tough for them to find customers then). It would be sweet if someone could get traction on that. I know I tried at one point, and Zao tried before that, and I'm pretty sure Ice tried before that, and Tim and Exolia are definitely trying now. Hopefully something gets changed there.
Old 12-10-2014, 04:11 AM
Katbot
punkrules will become famous soon enough
I just banned and unbanned you geneticfrog, just to be sure it wasn't a glitch or something.

I also unbanned Mog, if someone would like to tell him that would be great.
Old 12-10-2014, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrules View Post
I just banned and unbanned you geneticfrog, just to be sure it wasn't a glitch or something.

I also unbanned Mog, if someone would like to tell him that would be great.
Mog lol