FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 05:25 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
You and I both know Thor gave up on Graal weeks ago.. Your just *****ing because UDP and you obviously have no clue what your talking about. You said higher subscription prices.. that myth is busted.. you said no updates.. thats busted.. stop being an ass and grow up dude
i don't keep tabs on thor

UDP is a big deal, and pretty much the only thing that matters, to classic players

subscription costs have never been higher than now

the updates are not towards players because no one is a player on this game, it's all for developers. developers who make **** servers like zodiac, era, or remake classic, or allow permabanned individuals like thallen and ruxxter to become "bug staff"

as god_pira said, stop being naive, and i'll add to that, idiotic

edit: just read your response as to how v6 has improved your game experience. you quote GS1, which has not been around for awhile now. is it an improvement on v1-4? sure. an improvement over v5? no.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:12 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
developers who make **** servers like zodiac, era
you heard him cbk & other people I associate with Era, we're not wanted here anymore...
Old 12-29-2012, 06:29 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
you heard him cbk & other people I associate with Era, we're not wanted here anymore...
you can develop all you want, doesn't mean i personally like it
Old 12-29-2012, 06:35 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
you can develop all you want, doesn't mean i personally like it
why
Old 12-29-2012, 09:53 AM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Gos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Dude, are you serious? I will just give you an example or 2 because it's impossible to list the hundreds of examples in just 1 thread..

You know back in the day when we had GS1 only.. and a player logged off the server there was no player log off function. so for example on GK if you logged off and you had items on the trade tables.. you pretty much lost all your hard work. Back when an RoW would net you $50 USD selling outside of graal. And it was rather easy to crash someones client to steal there items.. I lost a few items because of javascript in pm's.. and not just that .. by trying to accomplish something that wasn't possible untill then back many years ago on N-Pulse it caused everyone on the server to delay by about 30 seconds. You would hit the arrow key your player moved 1 tile every 30 seconds..

By moving everything to scripted instead of hard coded they can now apply updates to all platforms at once.

You don't seem to understand that helping us developers... helps you guys in the end.

You call me naive but you need to take a look at the mirror buddy.

http://wiki.graal.net/index.php/Crea...ses/Client/6.0

Yes, that is correct. If they make everything scripted rather then hard coded it provides a universal experience across mac, windows and linux platforms (and iOS and soon android)
Sure, it has its benefits. But many of the things you point out as something new is stuff that was already there in v5. Removing UDP is a big mistake, imo.

As of now, v6 is a half-assed client on the PC while it works fine on iOS, since that's what Stefan focuses on.

The biggest new features on v6 is mainly superficial, not something that actually betters gameplay. Give me proper examples please, and prove me wrong!

The main difference in v5 between mac/linux and windows was the playerlist and option-windows afaik.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:24 AM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
This discussion just develops into the typical mumbo-jumbo. v6 obviously introduced lots of nifty bug fixes and performance improvements. You all like those. Who doesn't? But then theres more: changes. It's what you all hate so passionately, and it's always the same. At this point, I have kinda stopped caring. Keep on mourning, it won't do you any good anyway.

The playerlist and some other parts of the client changed, which is apparently a huge issue; I still can't see it. It's different from the previous one, but that's obvious. Thing is, it still works, and I'm always very picky about interfaces with a shitty behavior or similar, but happy with the current playerlist. Then there's UDP, which was removed. Well, that is just so horrible, isn't it? Aside from the fact that the previous implementation didn't even really work well in the first place. So.. what else are we facing here? You tell us to list more than a handful of useful features v6 has provided, I ask you to list some more changes that apparently affect your gameplay.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:02 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
UDP does work @ Crow, UN's sparring community uses it heavily.

For someone that's picky about the interface I'm surprised you like the v6 one, considering its font is still funny and the default playerlist/options/pm windows still look like a mess (unless a skin is used to fix it).

owell.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:49 PM
mewtoo18 is on a distinguished road
Graal isn't a game, it's a scripting engine. If you could open Graal without an internet connection it would just be a black screen. The login menu, thats scipted. The server list, thats scripted. You press a key on your keyboard, thats scripted. So I don't see how adding scripting improvements DOESNT help your gameplay? You press F3 thats scripted (including UDP).. Isn't UDP still one of those $PRE (something) variables? Maybe someone could help me find it on the graal bible I cant seem to find the list of variables. Are we sure it fully removed UDP or just removed it from UDP before we all throw a fit about it even? Has anyone confirmed it 100%?

Ah, found it..

Quote:
$pref::graal::noudp
has anyone tried this to see if it still works?
Old 12-29-2012, 03:16 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewtoo18 View Post
Graal isn't a game, it's a scripting engine. If you could open Graal without an internet connection it would just be a black screen. The login menu, thats scipted. The server list, thats scripted. You press a key on your keyboard, thats scripted. So I don't see how adding scripting improvements DOESNT help your gameplay? You press F3 thats scripted (including UDP).. Isn't UDP still one of those $PRE (something) variables? Maybe someone could help me find it on the graal bible I cant seem to find the list of variables. Are we sure it fully removed UDP or just removed it from UDP before we all throw a fit about it even? Has anyone confirmed it 100%?

Ah, found it..

has anyone tried this to see if it still works?
I have no way to test it but the following,

PHP Code:
//#CLIENTSIDE
function onCreated() {

$pref::graal::noudp 1// default is 0 (false)

player.chat $pref::graal::noudp;

By Default the value is 0. Which must mean either it is enabled by default, or the variable no longer exists. Changing it to 1 didnt seem to make any difference to me but I was the onlyone on the server also.

http://www.graal.net/index.php/Creat...side_Functions

Needs to be updated.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:56 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewtoo18 View Post
Graal isn't a game
ya, it is.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:05 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
ya, it is.
I think he means it's ment to be a game.. but Graal itself is not playable.. its just an engine... if you removed all the GS2 its just a black screen that awaits input to make up the game.

Kinda the equivilent to saying that the internet is a game... because it can run flash and html5 games in it.. graal could run a server that emulated MS Office would it still be considered a game?
Old 12-29-2012, 05:28 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
Quote:
the updates are not towards players because no one is a player on this game, it's all for developers. developers who make **** servers like zodiac, era, or remake classic, or allow permabanned individuals like thallen and ruxxter to become "bug staff"
wot
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:00 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
why
because i don't enjoy the content. specifically to zodiac, i don't want to level up and grind, pick a class, etc. i can play other games which offer that at a much higher quality.

i started to play graal because it was a MMO based on LTTP, not because you could learn gs2 and pay money to make content make eurocenter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix_Xenophobe View Post
wot
what is there to misunderstand? eurocenter doesn't care about players.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:12 PM
dbug will become famous soon enough
why would you want to use V5 other then UDP anyways?
Old 01-15-2013, 04:07 PM
Unholy Nation
Starfire2001 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
you know i have a half dozen accounts i keep rep++ myself to stay in the green right
lol